This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Ben Patrick thing for a moment

Coughlin also said that signing of Ben Patrick doesn't impact Kevin Boss. Just means more competition.

Comment

• I don't think it impacts Boss. If anything, it impacts Beckum. The guy is playing on the 3rd string in practice. That can't be good.

We'll keep 3 TEs this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
        Back to the Ben Patrick thing for a moment

Coughlin also said that signing of Ben Patrick doesn't impact Kevin Boss. Just means more competition.

Competition for Beckum and Pascoe.

I wouldn't completely rule out Snellings either, if he is cheap enough, he could complete for that 3rd RB spot, he is a better receiving threat than either Jacobs or Bradshaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
          Competition for Beckum and Pascoe.

I wouldn't completely rule out Snellings either, if he is cheap enough, he could complete for that 3rd RB spot, he is a better receiving threat than either Jacobs or Bradshaw.
          That's what I said but some people felt otherwise earlier today so I was posting it for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
            That's what I said but some people felt otherwise earlier today so I was posting it for them.
            It would depend on how much Snellings would cost. But the bottom has dropped out of the RB free agency market, so Snellings might be available relatively cheaply.

Don't forget he comes from Toms River, NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
              It would depend on how much Snellings would cost. But the bottom has dropped out of the RB free agency market, so Snellings might be available relatively cheaply.

Don't forget he comes from Toms River, NJ
              That's where I am from.

Comment

• Ross says he will not play safety at all anymore. Speculation that he could be traded at the end of the preseason.

I'd think detroit would be a fit, 3rd rounder?

Comment

• Are we just going to trade our depth away after watching how injuries have ravaged this team the last few years?
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It's a shame what happened with Ross. The guy had an unbelievable rookie season. You could make an argument that he actually outperformed Revis their rookie years.

But then he got depressed, lost his love for the game, got injured, and he's never been the same since. Even in practice this year, he's not exactly lighting the world on fire.

I'd keep him bc you won't find a better nickel/4th CB in the league than Ross, but it's just a little depressing to see what he is, and know what he could have been if he just had the desire to be great.

Comment

• I don't think Beckum is making this team. I just don't see where he fits.

Not a WR, not a TE, not a FB. Not even a good STer. So what is he? I feel like he's wasting a roster spot right now.

I really want to see improvement from him this PS, it's year 3 now.

Comment

• I think this will be a make or break training camp for Beatty, Beckum, and Sintim.

All 3 need to prove something. Beatty needs to prove he is more than a swing tackle, Beckum needs to prove he can play in this offense and deserves a roster spot, and Sintim needs to do the same for the defense.

I'll give Ramses 1 more year. Unless he's hurt all season again. Then maybe it's just time to move on.

Comment

• I'd cut Beckum. It was a terrible pick at the time because we're not creative to use him and it's played out exactly like we thought. I can't even blame him.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• By the way, where do you guys get your training camp updates?

I have like 9 million sites to get Yankee news, and only like 3 to get Giants news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                              By the way, where do you guys get your training camp updates?

I have like 9 million sites to get Yankee news, and only like 3 to get Giants news.
                              i follow all the beatwriters on twitter. Mike Garafolo, Ralph Vacciano, Ohm Youngmusik, and I think someone else I'm forgetting.

Also check out bigblueinteractive.com

They pretty much link you to any relevant giants article there is. They're typically a day behind though.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              I'd cut Beckum. It was a terrible pick at the time because we're not creative to use him and it's played out exactly like we thought. I can't even blame him.
                              It depends, let's see how his blocking looks this year. If he can't block, then cut him. That's pretty much what it comes down to. We all know he is a decent pass catching threat, probably better than Boss, but he's such a mediocre run blocker.

If that doesn't improve, I think you just gotta move on. There's no place on this roster for a TE who can't run block.

Comment

• At work I can't get on BBI so I just use Garafolo and Ohm.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information