This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    You mean like how our DC does with our press man corners?
    Exactly the same thing.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Somehow, I don't feel better.

Comment

• The Eagles are going to be a very good team but Ryan is right. Don't let the hype get to you.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I know, I have faith in the Giants.

If you think about it, our teams are built very similarly. Our dline is better than theirs, both our LB cores have issues, both our secondaries are very good but theirs is better on paper, both of us are deep at WR, have questionmarks along the oline, have a franchise qb and a good run game.

They just have more star power. But we're built the same.

This Giants team is talented, but they better start to realize that potential bc we've been underachieving.

Comment

• There is one big thing you left out though. Our franchise QB is on the field all the time while the Eagles one is injury prone.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Don't jinx it!

Comment

• I hope I don't hold that much power without knowing it haha.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Get ready for the Carlson for Osi rumors...
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    Get ready for the Carlson for Osi rumors...
                    I like Carlson but that better not happen.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                      Get ready for the Carlson for Osi rumors...
                      We want your first round pick. K? Thnx.

Comment

We want your first round pick. K? Thnx.
                        A 2nd and Carlson I'd consider...

Comment

• I like that the Giants are getting no love, we always choke when the media loves us. But when the Giants are the underdogs we go whoop ass, and I hope Tuck or Rolle or someone on this team preaches the underdog theory and lights a fire under this team.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I know, I have faith in the Giants.

If you think about it, our teams are built very similarly. Our dline is better than theirs, both our LB cores have issues, both our secondaries are very good but theirs is better on paper, both of us are deep at WR, have questionmarks along the oline, have a franchise qb and a good run game.
                            DT: After losing Barry Cofield in free agency, I'm going to have to give the edge to the Eagles, especially after their signing of Cullen Jenkins. Marvin Austin and Linval Joseph have potential, but at this point they are still completely unproven. The Eagles have more depth and proven talent at this position right now.

DE: I'll give the definite edge to the Giants because Osi and Tuck are superior to Babin and Cole, but it's not as wide of a gap as you might believe. If the Giants are forced to trade Osi and rely on JPP this year, then the talent level is probably equal or even in favor of the Eagles unless JPP suddenly develops into a force in his second season, which is not a foregone conclusion at all.

LB: I'd say it's a push. They both have a mix of some average-quality veterans and some rookies/sophomores with some potential. Nothing stands out on either team just yet.

CB: Right now it's hard to argue that the Eagles don't have more talent at this position. Say what you want to say about being better on "paper", but very few people would argue that Asomugha, Samuel, and Rodgers-Cromartie aren't, collectively, better than anything the Giants have.

S: The Eagles are relying on mostly rookies and second year players at this point, while the Giants have two proven veterans and an oft-injured, but talented, third year player. I'll give the edge to the Giants, but it's not a huge edge because none of the Giants safeties are more than slightly above-average at this point (Phillips being their best player, Rolle being overpaid for his talent level).

WR: Both teams have talented young players. The Eagles have more speed, however. Probably a push, or in favor of the Eagles depending on the status of NY's Steve Smith (if he doesn't play next year, the Giants are limited to Nicks and Manningham?)

RB: LeSean McCoy is a top 15 RB in the NFL. Bradshaw and Jacobs are both solid. The Giants have more proven depth, but the I'd probably take McCoy over Jacobs or Bradshaw player vs player. Slightly in favor of the Eagles.

QB: Vick has more raw talent than Eli, but is also more injury prone. It's hard to give either team a clear edge because their playing styles are so dramatically different. It all depends on how you feel about Vick's ability to play a full season without injury. The Eagles clearly have better depth, however, with Vince Young being probably the most talented backup QB in the NFL.

OL: The Eagles have quality starters at LT, LG, and C. They have a rookie penciled in to start at RG, but that rookie is a first round pick that scouts were very high on. RT is somewhat up in the air depending on the status of Winston Justice. The Giants cut half of their OL in the off-season and will be starting a free agent in C, and likely starting rookies or sophomore players at one or more positions along the line. Diehl and McKenzie are solid players but a bit past their prime. Both lines have some questions, but the Eagles have more pure talent at this point, and younger talent.

TE: The Giants lost Kevin Boss and will have to find a new TE in trade or free agency. The Eagles have Brent Celek, Clay Harbor, and Donald Lee. I'll give the edge to the Eagles, for sure.

K/P: The Eagles are relying on a rookie kicker, but that kicker was the best kicker in college football last year. The punter situation is a question mark. The Giants are still relying on Lawrence Tynes at kicker. Matt Dodge showed flashes of both brilliance and ineptitude last year. Because of the question marks for Philly in this area, I'll give the edge to the Giants.

To recap:

DT: Eagles
                            DE: Giants (pending Osi trade, then Eagles)
                            LB: Push
                            CB: Eagles
                            S: Giants
                            WR: Push (pending Steve Smith status, then Eagles)
                            RB: Eagles
                            QB: Subjective
                            OL: Eagles
                            TE: Eagles
                            K/P: Giants

Comment

• We get it you like the Eagles roster enough already.

Comment

• A 4th and Carlson should do it.

You have no leverage in trade talks. Osi's clearly disgruntled.
                                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information