X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants have resigned Rocky Bernard.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Taylor Mays is on the trading block. I wouldn't mind exploring that.

For a 4th at best though.

He seems like a perfect fit for our box safety in our 3 safety packages.
      I'd do it.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• In one way it makes sense, because Mays isn't a safety and he isn't a LBer so as our 3rd safety who plays in the box it would seem perfect. However last year that safety often spied Vick. And Mays I think would be completely useless in that aspect. And in those scenarios if he swapped spots with Rolle, I think he would hurt us deep as well.

Comment

• They said Phillips is going to play up a lot more this year as well since they don't have to protect his knee as much. It would make sense to me though that Rolle would play and Phillips would be more of the roamer.

Didn't Boley spy Vick the most last year?
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Why can't Mays spy Vick? Speed was never a problem with Mays.

Instincts and tackling are, but speed? That MFer can run.

Comment

Taylor Mays is on the trading block. I wouldn't mind exploring that.

For a 4th at best though.

He seems like a perfect fit for our box safety in our 3 safety packages.
              I wouldn't. He sucks. 49ers hate the guy with a passion.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Did he really suck that bad?

Comment

Did he really suck that bad?
                  He's just not very good at football (which is typically useful when playing football). Plus he's supposedly a bit of a tool.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Who knows what SF was asking him to do though. He seems like a very good fit as our hybrid LB/S that we loved to use last year.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• What do you guys think of Chris Canty? I think considering his contract, it's safe to say he's been a disappointment thus far.

Good run stuffer sure, but he hasn't done squat rushing the passer, and we paid him pass rushing money.

I think he needs to produce this year to keep his starting job. Bc if Austin continues to turn heads and Canty continues to underachieve, then Austin should start over him next year.

I know that's a bit of a reach on my part and I'm projecting Austin way too prematurely, but I'm just saying.

Comment

• I was expecting bigger things out of him up to this point. The first year he was pretty much hurt the whole time so we can throw that out the window. Last year he started to play really well but he crapped out around that first game we played against Philly. I was expecting more out of him pass rush wise but it seems like we asked more from Cofield in that department. I think Canty's main job was to set the line and be the DT who stuffed the run. This year I think we're going to ask Joseph to do that so I expect Canty in the backfield more.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well that didn't take long. Kiwi is getting reps at LB at practice tonight. Sintim 2nd team LB.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Bruce Johnson out for season with a ruptured achillies. ****. this sucks. I like him and he's been a good 4th/5th CB for us
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              Bruce Johnson out for season with a ruptured achillies. ****. this sucks. I like him and he's been a good 4th/5th CB for us
                              Not even a week in and it's already begun. A big thing that bothers me about the NFL is it's almost more a battle of attrition rather than talent.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Did he really suck that bad?
                                They are replacing Mays the year after they drafted him, hmm

Also note Pete Carroll didn't draft him.

I think he would be ok as a developmental 4-3 WLB option

I would be ok trading for him, but it will depend on how the scouts evaluated him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information