This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Why can't Mays spy Vick? Speed was never a problem with Mays.

Instincts and tackling are, but speed? That MFer can run.
    Mays has great straight line speed, not sure on his change of direction and lateral movement

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I was expecting bigger things out of him up to this point. The first year he was pretty much hurt the whole time so we can throw that out the window. Last year he started to play really well but he crapped out around that first game we played against Philly. I was expecting more out of him pass rush wise but it seems like we asked more from Cofield in that department. I think Canty's main job was to set the line and be the DT who stuffed the run. This year I think we're going to ask Joseph to do that so I expect Canty in the backfield more.
      This is why I hate giving big money to players to be something they haven't been.

Same thing as baseball, teams get burnt paying a player to "live up to their potential" instead of continue being what they've been in the past.

Should have signed a 4-3 DT instead of trying to convert him.

That said, I still like Canty and he's been a solid player for us, just not worth the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
        I guess Giants fans have to hope now that Jason Pierre Paul is the real deal this year, huh?

That's going to be a young, but mostly unproven D-Line: JPP -- Austin -- Joseph -- Tuck.
        *shrug* not really. If Kiwi's healthy enough to play JPP won't be asked to do more than what he already beasted doing last year. Now if kiwi or tuck go down for a long time then yeah, we really need JPP to show consistency, but for now Tuck/JPP-Linval/Watson-Canty/Austin-Kiwi/JPP is what I'm expecting and that's some awesome talent, especially if Joseph and Watson's presence can keep Canty from being worn down like he was last year.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        What do you guys think of Chris Canty? I think considering his contract, it's safe to say he's been a disappointment thus far.

Good run stuffer sure, but he hasn't done squat rushing the passer, and we paid him pass rushing money.

I think he needs to produce this year to keep his starting job. Bc if Austin continues to turn heads and Canty continues to underachieve, then Austin should start over him next year.

I know that's a bit of a reach on my part and I'm projecting Austin way too prematurely, but I'm just saying.
        I don't really agree, I think Canty did a very good job last year but our pathetic DT depth with Joseph being redshirted killed us. I think we just overworked him. If Linval can step in well, Austin can contribute and we can get useful snaps out Watson or someone else I think we'll be able to keep Canty fresh, and when he's been fresh he's been a force, an elite run stuffer and a guy who gets a good push on the rush. I really think the upgrade to the size of our DT corps is going to be a major boon to Canty's effectiveness since he won't be stuck as our run stuffing, double team eating NT.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Well... looks like I need to change my username yet again.. Lesson to be learned" Don't use active players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
            Well... looks like I need to change my username yet again.. Lesson to be learned" Don't use active players.
            Bekum + Manning = Beking? Manum? lol

Nicks + Manning = CLUTCH?

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Manningham-Manning=Ham?
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• NewYorkGiants is that taken?

Comment

NewYorkGiants is that taken?
                  Shouldn't be. I should change my 80 to another # but I don't want to jinx anyone.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think I might change it to NewYorkGiants which is my handle on scout.com forums.

Comment

I think I might change it to NewYorkGiants which is my handle on scout.com forums.
                      Ahh my first Giants forum. I probably haven't used that one for at least 4 or 5 years.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• So sad to see Boss go to a team were he will do nothing :( Money talks tho and the Raiders will always be willing to overpay.

Thanks For The Memories Boss!

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I secretly think BBD will be happy to get rid of his slow ass, haha.

I liked Boss because he was tough and took a **** load of hits - plus he had good hands. In all honesty though, he was never anything special. He helped us win a Super Bowl the year Shockey was hurt so that was huge so I'll always love him for that reason.

I hope we go after a tight end high in the draft and see if we can't get an elite guy. Although with Gilbride's offense it might just be a waste.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I don't think we go TE in the draft unless we get a new offensive coordinator. TE is not an important position in this offense.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Eh, like Forenci said, I'm not too upset haha.

I liked Boss, but I didn't want to sign him back if he was overpriced. And he was overpriced, so I'm ok with him going.

He wasn't good enough of a talent to pay that kind of money. This means we either draft somebody in the future with more upside, or we give Beckum a shot. Either way, I'm ok with it.

We'll miss him though, no doubt. Pascoe can fill the void on running downs and Beckum on passing downs, but that gets predictable. So we have to be creative (ha!).

In other news, Kiwi is going to play LB on 1st and 2nd down regardless of what happens to Osi. Umm...ok.

I think Kiwi has made tremendous strides as a LB from the last time we've seen him there in 08, but I still much rather have him play DE exclusively. I think this is more of a sign that Sintim is a bust than anything else. Also could be Fewell trying to get his best 11 on the field at all times.

Comment

• Ehh I don't like Kiwi at LB. This year is starting off on the wrong foot as far as I'm concerned which is maybe a good thing.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information