Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****. Prince broke his foot and is going to need surgery. Ugh, what **** luck.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Ben Patrick has retired. WTF.

Comment

• What the heck is going on?

Kiwi and his broken leg, and then messed up neck

Ross and his damn hamstring

KP and his messed up knee

Prince and his foot

We should wrap JPP in bubble wrap and hope for the best.

Can we get some production out of our first rounders from the get go? Is that too much to ask? Nicks did it, JPP showed some flashes, but come on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
          ****. Prince broke his foot and is going to need surgery. Ugh, what **** luck.
          Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
          Ben Patrick has retired. WTF.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Don't worry about Prince. Not a big deal. It hurts his development for this year, but he wasn't going to see much time anyway.

I guess now is the time for Travis Beckum to step up. He has a great opportunity to grab our starting TE job and run with it.

We all know he can catch and run. I need to see him run block. That's going to be the true test.

Comment

• I did want Virgil Green later in the draft though. Baaaah. And I wanted Mason Foster instead of Jerrigan.

But oh well. Reese knows a lot more than I do. Let's see what happens.

Comment

• We lost our 4th and 5th cb's already. I'm worried.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  We lost our 4th and 5th cb's already. I'm worried.
                  It does suck for sure, but unless we get more injuries (knock on wood!) it shouldn't affect us too much. Most teams don't have a good nickel corner, we were/are fortunate to have four, potentially five good CB's.

It just sucks because Prince could have potentially worked his way into the nickel position, giving us more production and ability than Ross. Still, Ross is no slouch so we should be alright.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Prince will be back.

Injuries in the secondary aren't as devastating as injuries in the front 7. Plus, you can always come out with an extra safety and play zone if you don't have any faith in your 4th and 5th CBs.

I'm worried about Steve Smith. That to me is reason for concern. Our CB depth isn't an issue.

Comment

• Smith will be back by week 10. I'd have to think another team would have signed him by now.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Do we still have Deion Grant? I dont think we do, but I figured I would ask to be sure

SPLOOSH

Comment

• No he's a FA.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Ight thanks. I really liked him last year and with the loss of our 4th and 5th CBs I wouldn't mind bringing him in super cheap to use in our 3 safety sets. Then again, I doubt we do that since we drafted T-Sash and signed 2 UDFA safties

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Sash has been impressing also so I think he's going to see a lot of time in that 3rd S role.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                                Ight thanks. I really liked him last year and with the loss of our 4th and 5th CBs I wouldn't mind bringing him in super cheap to use in our 3 safety sets. Then again, I doubt we do that since we drafted T-Sash and signed 2 UDFA safties
                                Dave Merritt and Terrell Thomas have both mentioned that Thomas will be filling the role Deon Grant had last year in our nickle packages.

Which means Ross is likely the starter at corner in these sets

Prince is likely out of the reckoning now for working into the CB rotation this year. He already had a huge learning curve, now he is out for a couple of months before he can start to practice and learn everything. He is pretty much a special teamer at this point.

I think we need to look at bringing in another body at CB, either a cheap vet with some experience. Or maybe someone like Kelvin Hayden (Colts) who would compete with Ross for the start in our nickel sets (and give us some depth); remember we have the money we had budgeted for Boss. Another option could be Lito Sheppard.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information