Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anything it allows teams to time their blitzes perfectly. We don't get a ton of delay of games, but we do snap the ball and awful lot with 1 on the play clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      If anything it allows teams to time their blitzes perfectly. We don't get a ton of delay of games, but we do snap the ball and awful lot with 1 on the play clock.
      I like that. In this system, you need the pre snap read and post snap read to be perfect or else. However, the downside is the delay of games. But that's part of the whole package with TC/Gilbride in this system.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
        I like that. In this system, you need the pre snap read and post snap read to be perfect or else. However, the downside is the delay of games. But that's part of the whole package with TC/Gilbride in this system.
        Ah, okay. So it is a somewhat conscious part of the offense then. Thanks for clearing it up for me guys. Always appreciate you giving a poor European soul who grew up with soccer some real good Giants insight.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
        JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
          Ah, okay. So it is a somewhat conscious part of the offense then. Thanks for clearing it up for me guys. Always appreciate you giving a poor European soul who grew up with soccer some real good Giants insight.
          Hehe no worries. Our system is based on a pre snap read and post snap read. So we take all the time needed to get a good read on what the defense is trying to do. That allows Eli to get the information and change plays and orchestrate the offense. I don't mind the false starts like some other fans do because you got to look at the big picture and how Eli can do things by waiting until the last possible seconds.

Comment

• Can we get Jacobs to stop thinking he is a boxer? I mean, come on! The guy is a whack job. I wish TC would suspend him for a game or two, but I'd be afraid he might punch TC, Mara or Reese for attempting to try to bench him.

Comment

Can we get Jacobs to stop thinking he is a boxer? I mean, come on! The guy is a whack job. I wish TC would suspend him for a game or two, but I'd be afraid he might punch TC, Mara or Reese for attempting to try to bench him.
              Huh? He was sticking up for a teammate. I don't know why you hate him so much but he's been a great Giant as far as I'm concerned. He has looked great on the field this preseason coupled with his great YPC last year. We have a great tandem , enjoy it.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Huh? He was sticking up for a teammate. I don't know why you hate him so much but he's been a great Giant as far as I'm concerned. He has looked great on the field this preseason coupled with his great YPC last year. We have a great tandem , enjoy it.
                I dont care what he was doing. You don't punch anyone on the field! That's the first time he has do it either! Also, at the end of last season he went off on the media too! He needs to watch his mouth and actions. You can't punch whoever you want. If you want to box, then be a boxer.

Not the first time it happened, as I mentioned. He is Jacobs punching Washington. Last season he got in his boxer stance to fight Fat Albert.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/530/penalty.gif/

Comment

I dont care what he was doing. You don't punch anyone on the field! That's the first time he has do it either! Also, at the end of last season he went off on the media too! He needs to watch his mouth and actions. You can't punch whoever you want. If you want to box, then be a boxer.

Not the first time it happened, as I mentioned. He is Jacobs punching Washington. Last season he got in his boxer stance to fight Fat Albert.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/530/penalty.gif/
                  It's not a big deal at all as far as I'm concerned. If you didn't dislike him so much you wouldn't have brought matter up.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I can't stand him, but stuff like that is a reason. Who does that? Seriously? You are not a boxer when you step on the field. Let it go.. it's ok. He got thrown out of a game where he could be used on the goal line. He just does stuff that makes you wonder if he is couple fries short of a happy meal.

Comment

I can't stand him, but stuff like that is a reason. Who does that? Seriously? You are not a boxer when you step on the field. Let it go.. it's ok. He got thrown out of a game where he could be used on the goal line. He just does stuff that makes you wonder if he is couple fries short of a happy meal.
                      He's a football player. 95% of them are more than a couple of fries short.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        He's a football player. 95% of them are more than a couple of fries short.
                        Haha true, but that's roid rage stupid. Not to say he is on it, but someone has to say something to him. If I am a DC, I am telling my 3rd string to start a fight with him, because he will hit you, and try to get him thrown out. That's what I'd do.

Comment

• I love Jacobs. And truth be told, he's been our best running back for the 2nd half of last season, and all of this preseason.

It's time to rip on Eli guys. I don't have much time today so my review of the game will be delayed, but I'm calling out Eli as well as some serious concerns I have for this season.

I was also at the game, and I had a mezzanine endzone view, I was able to see everything Eli did right and wrong, as well as others. And long story short, Eli needs to get called out.

Will write the review later.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I love Jacobs. And truth be told, he's been our best running back for the 2nd half of last season, and all of this preseason.

It's time to rip on Eli guys. I don't have much time today so my review of the game will be delayed, but I'm calling out Eli as well as some serious concerns I have for this season.

I was also at the game, and I had a mezzanine endzone view, I was able to see everything Eli did right and wrong, as well as others. And long story short, Eli needs to get called out.

He wasn't good but I'm going to get on him until he does this in the regular season. You also notice the 4 or 5 times Mario ran the wrong route? Of course though when Mario was wide open Eli overthrew him.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I love Jacobs. And truth be told, he's been our best running back for the 2nd half of last season, and all of this preseason.

That's fair, but Jacobs cant keep doing what he is doing in terms of trying to punch people.

Comment

• "That's what gives you a chance. Otherwise you're a play behind," Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said. "If I have a curl route and you're in a 2 zone, you got me. If you're in two man, you got me. But if I have (something) which allows me to convert, I got you."

Giants' Receivers Need Ph.D.s in Route-Running

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...655455958.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information