This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this bother anyone else?:

The Giants asked Mathias Kiwanuka if he wanted to play more defensive end on Sunday with Justin Tuck out. Kiwanuka, though, deferred, insisting instead that Dave Tollefson deserved the time.

"They approached me about it and there was some consideration given to it but what I was saying was that a guy like Dave Tollefson, who hasn’t gotten a lot of attention and hasn’t been in the spotlight a lot, [deserved to play]. You watch his play and there isn’t any dropoff from our first to our second, when JPP and Dave Tollefson are on the field," Kiwanuka said.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Does this bother anyone else?:
      Eh, not really. It's just Kiwi saying that if he's going to be starting games with his hand up he'd like to stay there and focus on that instead of continuing to flip flop between linebacker and lineman. Plus it's the first game of a season where Osi is out at the moment with a contract dispute and Tuck is out to but should be back, so if Kiwi did play DE last game it'd just be a temporary thing. Kiwi's a smart guy and a has worked really hard for this team, so it wouldn't surprise me if he also genuinely thought Tolly deserved the extra time.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
        *Rubs crystal ball with smirk on face*
        Gotta hand it to you, you were the only person to have predicted that Tuck would be out for this game which really hurt our pass rush...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Well I thought Tuck would be out also but regardless I don't know why you bother with that fool.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            Gotta hand it to you, you were the only person to have predicted that Tuck would be out for this game which really hurt our pass rush...
            Even with Tuck in there, the Redskins win and Grossman looks efficient.

The Giants' secondary sucks and will suck for probably the entire season, and Eli willl subsequently look poor for the entire season as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
              Even with Tuck in there, the Redskins win and Grossman looks efficient.

The Giants' secondary sucks and will suck for probably the entire season, and Eli willl subsequently look poor for the entire season as well.
              The secondary will improve a bit when Prince returns.

And he may look poor, but I refuse to fault him. On 3rd downs, we don't have a go to guy. Nicks gets doubled, Manningham just runs a go route, nobody bothers with Ballard, and everyone else drops the ball or can't get open. And because of that, we just run screens and draws to Bradshaw and Ware. Super dooper efficient. But then again, the Eli haters knew that all offseason and have been licking their chops.

Eli gets some blame as he didn't look sharp, but a very, very small piece of it
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Does this bother anyone else?:
                and as being the biggest Tolly supporter on this board...and maybe in the world outside of his family members and friends, I'm perfeectly ok with this.

Plus, Kiwi probably didn't want us throwing in 2 rookie LB knowing that with him there and Tolly at DE we were better off than Kiwi at DE and 2 rooks at LB...and maybe he's like **** it, let me just stay at LB and have a true position for once dammit hah
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I don't know maybe he should have made the switch back because I couldn't even tell he was playing yesterday besides a play or two.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• actually come to think of it, I don't remember hearing Kiwi's name much at all yesterday. I don't think he even made much of an impact. Wasn't really watching him
                    We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      actually come to think of it, I don't remember hearing Kiwi's name much at all yesterday. I don't think he even made much of an impact. Wasn't really watching him
                      That was my point haha. He was terrible.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

That was my point haha. He was terrible.
                        haha I just re-read your post. totally mis-read it at first. yeah, he wasnt an impact at all yesterday.
                        and anyone else worried that, like Kiwi, we haven't heard from BBD yet? I'm getting a little nervous
                        We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Guys, long story short, we have a bad coaching staff. Fewell is doing what I thought he'd do. Instead of trusting his guys, he's running soft zones bc of our injuries. He's a bad coordinator. I hate Cover 2, and he's a Cover 2 coordinator. He's not great at drawing up blitzes either.

And Eli is to blame too, enough already. Yeah he has no weapons this year outside of Nicks, but he also refuses to even look at the other guys. It's like he doesn't trust them at all and instead just stares down Nicks and Mario the whole game. He's had a bad camp, a bad preseason, and now a bad regular season. He deserves to get criticized.

I think we can still salvage this. The oline clearly needs time to gel. Both in pass pro and the run game. But we desperately need another passing threat to emerge. Right now it's looking like we'll have a horrible passing attack all season. I've been trying to warn you guys about it all offseason, now maybe you'll see what I'm saying.

Defensively, we'll be ok. This wasn't the defenses fault. They were on the field all game. And injured, and they still made plays when they needed to. The offense couldn't do anything.

As long as Fewell gets his head out of his ass and runs more man, we'll be ok.

Even then, the WRs didn't kill us. The TE did. Bc we ran Cover 2, Cover 3, and Quarters all game.

Offensively, the run game will improve with time. But if we don't find another pass catcher and soon, we're in for a long season. St. Louis is a must win, bc Philly is smoking us.

Hopefully this was a wake up. I called it, I was worried about our approach to this game. We treated it like we can just walk in there and win. We definitely took them for granted and they stuck it to them all game long. The Redskins dominated that game, they deserved to win.

Comment

• I feel like he hasn't been posting as much lately so I'm sure he'll chime in sooner rather than later.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Meanwhile, Steve Smith is shoving his balls in my mouth.

Thanks a lot Giants medical staff. You all can go F yourselves.

Comment

I feel like he hasn't been posting as much lately so I'm sure he'll chime in sooner rather than later.
                                Haha, busy at work. I'll be around.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information