This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Plus we have an all star team on the IR roster right now.
    I don't know about that, but yeah we're banged up right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      I don't know about that, but yeah we're banged up right now.
      I was being sarcastic.

Thomas stings though. Of all the people to get hurt, that one stings the most.

Comment

I was being sarcastic.

Thomas stings though. Of all the people to get hurt, that one stings the most.
        It does. Because of the quality of the player but also the position. I feel CB is maybe the biggest drop of talent between a starter and say your 4th-6th players. QB too obviously.

Comment

• Sorry to barge in here with a seemingly useless fantasy question, but I need help with it and trust you Giants fans.

I have a spot for DLinemen and currently have Justin Tuck. Should I keep him or swap him for JPP? JPP beasted yesterday, as far as Dlinemen go, so I was wondering if you guys knew if he'll be in a position to keep similar numbers during the season, or if Tuck will cut into his playing time, or what happens.

Who'd you get/keep?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
            Sorry to barge in here with a seemingly useless fantasy question, but I need help with it and trust you Giants fans.

I have a spot for DLinemen and currently have Justin Tuck. Should I keep him or swap him for JPP? JPP beasted yesterday, as far as Dlinemen go, so I was wondering if you guys knew if he'll be in a position to keep similar numbers during the season, or if Tuck will cut into his playing time, or what happens.

Who'd you get/keep?
            Keep Tuck. Because JPP will probably be used strictly as a 3rd down rusher once Osi comes back.

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            It does. Because of the quality of the player but also the position. I feel CB is maybe the biggest drop of talent between a starter and say your 4th-6th players. QB too obviously.
            Yeah. Plus WR cores tend to be deeper than CB cores to begin with, so when you lose a very good CB, the domino effect is exponential having a #3 CB suddenly have to cover the other team's #2 WR which means your 4 is on their 3 etc.

Comment

• Thomas was always one of the best tacklers on the team so we took a hit there as well.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'd get JPP at least until both Osi and Tuck come back. He should have more sacks. I feel like his talents will show up more in a stat sheet than Tucks will.

Comment

• JPP's club is scary good. He's so strong, and he's so long, when he clubs you it's like you weren't even there. He tosses people with that club move.

I really hope Fewell uses Tuck as UT and JPP as RE on nickel formations like Spags did. He did that during the PS and the results were great.

It's so simple and effective, yet nobody has done it since Spags left. I just don't get coaches sometimes. It's like they try to overthink it instead of doing what's obviously effective.

Comment

• I agree. Nothing effects a QB more like pressure right up the middle.

Comment

Yup...

At least you guys looked good out there vs a great team. We looked like ass vs the Redskins.

The Redskins. I know they won't suck that bad this year, but they still aren't a good team.

Plus we have an all star team on the IR roster right now.
                      Eli is a smart QB... from what I saw, your OL wasn't doing him any favors.

You think your team will go WR high again? Nicks is a recent 1st rounder and Jernigan was a 3rd this year. I'm thankful you guys didn't bring back Plax. I think a veteran WR is more of the way to go than the draft... though I say that thinking I hope to hell you don't draft a guy like Sano. :)

As for TE, I think Beckum is finally ready to break out. Though strictly as a receiving threat. He's kind of a hybrid TE/WR. A real weapon if you can use him right.

Personally, I think it's time you guys go RB and continue to look at high caliber Tackles. I thought Will Beatty was a good pick at the time, but he's been looking pretty iffy.

Comment

• No Beckum will never break out, especially for us. He needs to be cut.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yeah Beckum sucks. Hard.

Beatty is ok. It was actually Diehl, Baas and McKenzie who struggled. I chalk Diehl and Baas's struggles to chemistry. McKenzie is just old. His time is probably up.

We need playmakers. I wanted us to get Sproles in the offseason bc I felt he'd be an instant upgrade to our STs plus a nice insurance to Bradshaw. So far he's looking like a great investment by NO.

Comment

• I feel like when we get athletes on this team we don't know how to use them properly. Someone like Sproles would be useless this team. Coughlin and staff are way to old school to properly use the "newer" breed of player.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sad but true.

God forbid we'd use the TE position. Every qb's safety valve. Except ours.

And a RB who can catch? Who needs that?

Comment

• even if we have an average season, we could easily grab Sanu at around 20 I'd say. I really believe that. and that, my friends, would be simply orgasmic. No matter what smelly forenci says.

and I was thinking this today while I sat in traffic on the stupid LX bus (BBD and Zak should know what i'm talking about). I love Coughlin, always have been a TC supporter but I think this team needs a change. Just because I feel it's getting...for lack of a better word, stale. I feel like we need a guy who will get our team riled up and get us to "punch them in the mouth" football. Not pompous ass Rex Ryan style, but a little more energy and motivation.
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information