Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classes 8am taking the bus from Busch to Douglas was always a huge kick in the balls.

Especially when you go to bed at like 3am at earliest as a college student.

I miss those days. Nowadays I'm up at 530 in the morning, go to work, go to school after work, go the gym, go to bed, then get up and go to work again.

I didn't understand how great I had it in college until it was too late. I should have enjoyed it more than I did.

Comment

• I've been trying to think of coaching candidates, but I just can't think of any.

The Giants historically have went after known commodities at HC opposed to young up and comers, so I think we can throw a lot of names out the window based on that.

Plus the known commodities don't impress me. Do we really want Cowher? I don't want a 3-4 defense, not with the talent we have on our roster being strictly 4-3 talent up front, and Cowher's teams choke in the playoffs. He was Marty 2.0 until the refs giftwrapped him a SB.

The only name I can think of that fits the bill is Mike Zimmer. Parcells disciple, he's a tough guy, he's an aggressive 4-3 DC who plays a lot of man coverage, and he'll probably be less of a micromanager on offense.

The problem with him is, I've viewed Zimmer as a good DC, but not a great one. To be fair, he's never had the kind of talent we have on defense.

I don't know, it's tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I've been trying to think of coaching candidates, but I just can't think of any.

The Giants historically have went after known commodities at HC opposed to young up and comers, so I think we can throw a lot of names out the window based on that.

Plus the known commodities don't impress me. Do we really want Cowher? I don't want a 3-4 defense, not with the talent we have on our roster being strictly 4-3 talent up front, and Cowher's teams choke in the playoffs. He was Marty 2.0 until the refs giftwrapped him a SB.

The only name I can think of that fits the bill is Mike Zimmer. Parcells disciple, he's a tough guy, he's an aggressive 4-3 DC who plays a lot of man coverage, and he'll probably be less of a micromanager on offense.

The problem with him is, I've viewed Zimmer as a good DC, but not a great one. To be fair, he's never had the kind of talent we have on defense.

I don't know, it's tough.
        Spags or Beli *prays*

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Unless we want to give Greg Williams a chance. Williams is a great DC, but I don't know if he's a great HC.

Comment

• Jessie. Armstead.

actually, Jessie would be more helpful on the field for us at this point instead of being our HC haha
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              Spags or Beli *prays*
              I was crushed when Fox didn't take the year off and signed with Denver. I was really hoping he'd come back home and be our next HC.

I don't want Jeff Fischer either. Although I do like Fischer's style. He's just too average of a coach though.

But then again, I thought the same thing of Coughlin before we hired him. Fisch would bring a 4-3 defense, a nasty tough attitude, and an aggressive mentality defensively.

Plus he'd run the rock. Maybe Fischer is our guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                Spags or Beli *prays*
                Those would be my 2 but it would never happen. I think part of Belichick would love to come back here and win a SB though.

Also, I used to have to take the bus from Livingston to Douglass at 9 AM my Fr year for a math class which was absolute death.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I just realized Reese is a Tennessee native and also coached for UT.

Possible link?

Comment

• I like Mike Pettine, the Jets DC, but I know I'm the only one who does.

If he can bring the Rex Ryan scheme to the Giants, I'd LOVE that. Rex runs the perfect style of defense for our talent.

And the Jets aren't a true 3-4 either, they run a lot of 4 man lines. He could easily adjust to running a 4-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      No, this is not allowed. Sorry.

I came here wondering who felt worse about yesterdays losses... Giants fans or Cowboys fans... Still don't know. But doesn't it suck?
                      Not sure... revamped OL

10 people on IR

No Tuck
                      No Osi
                      No first round pick

Inactive 3 and 4 round pick.. So basically our whole early part of the draft didn't play! LOL. 1 rounder foot, 2nd round IR, 3rd and 4th I think inactive, and basically Greg Jones played.

And our Wr Nicks is a beast! Flat out beast!

Our system on offense I am not a fan of, and funny how QBs like Ryan F. can throw for 4 TDs in that system, yet our system, Eli threw for 0 TDs. But he did run for 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                        even if we have an average season, we could easily grab Sanu at around 20 I'd say. I really believe that. and that, my friends, would be simply orgasmic. No matter what smelly forenci says.

and I was thinking this today while I sat in traffic on the stupid LX bus (BBD and Zak should know what i'm talking about). I love Coughlin, always have been a TC supporter but I think this team needs a change. Just because I feel it's getting...for lack of a better word, stale. I feel like we need a guy who will get our team riled up and get us to "punch them in the mouth" football. Not pompous ass Rex Ryan style, but a little more energy and motivation.
                        I love Sanu you fool!

But if we're going to suck I'd rather we try to get in the top 15 and get Blackmon. He is so damn sexy.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• BBD,

I want offensive draft! No more defense! Unless again, someone falls to us, but we need a big time offense boast! No more project cases. Let's get some weapons and re-load this thing.

Comment

• Round 1: Sanu
                            Round 2: Tight End
                            Rounds 3-7: More Rutgers players
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Sanu is fine, but get me more offensive players.

Comment

• you know... we did produce three elite DE's during the last 15 years...

1.Strahan
                                2. Osi
                                3. Tuck

Coaching really does work

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information