This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
    I was pointing out the read part of it. Basically, it comes down to can ANY Wr follow our specific system?
    Well we already knew about that so I thought you were bringing up the Moss part. We've all discussed the complexity of the offense ad nauseum here. It's still why I'm shocked you really thought Mario was going to step up and have a monster year.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Vontaze Burfict would be a beast of a MLB for the Giants.

Could be the next Ray Lewis.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I JUST...WELL...YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST DID.

Moss would be awesome. I'd buy the blue, the white, and the red jersey. **** it, I'll buy the pink one too.

And Moss is perfect for our system. He's been running choice routes in NE, and Tom terrific has said nobody understands coverages better than Moss, Moss was the smartest WR he's ever played with.

Let's get him. I'll drive him to the stadium my damn self.
        Do you need to change your undies BBD?

Hahaha, no one is perfect for our system. Smith was as good as it gets in our specific system. He chose to leave, and now is a nobody in system with much more weapons.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
          Vontaze Burfict would be a beast of a MLB for the Giants.

Could be the next Ray Lewis.
          No more defensive players allowed.. Any suggestions on offensive players will be welcomed, however!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Well we already knew about that so I thought you were bringing up the Moss part. We've all discussed the complexity of the offense ad nauseum here. It's still why I'm shocked you really thought Mario was going to step up and have a monster year.
            Because he has talent? Or have you missed all those home runs he hit last season? He almost had 2 last game. One was a poor throw, and another one he tripped on himself and got a concussion! HAHA, god, that is comical when you say it out loud. But hey, we are the giants, so I am really not surprised. Another WR makes a sick catch and is out for the season. So at this point, I don't discount a UFO abduction, a comet hitting a player, or a stadium light falling on someone's ACL.

Comment

• Not to rehash everything but like I said he'll be good here but he'll never make the jump to superstar. He's just to dumb. He also runs incorrect routes a ton of times still.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Not to rehash everything but like I said he'll be good here but he'll never make the jump to superstar. He's just to dumb. He also runs incorrect routes a ton of times still.
                True, but his explosiveness is what is keeping him on the team, and having him start. He is just too good not to have on the field. He is a homerun hitter. Put it this way, when the filth of this system is washed away, and if the next HC or OC installs something new we could have the potential to be a sick offense.

Even with this PHd offense you see Manningham working away and still making plays or putting himself in a spot to make plays. Dumb or not dumb. He had 2 home run chances last game.

Comment

• I agree with that and I won't argue he's not a good WR. He's a very good WR but he'll never be a great WR in this system. His explosiveness is something we haven't seen on this team in a long long time and that is a welcome sight. I just didn't want to rely on him alone turning the page as becoming our #2.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I've said it before, Mario has potential to be a stud WR in a different system. Put him in a WCO or Air Coryell system and he'll be a very good WR.

He's just not smart enough for this system. Hopefully if we get a new system he's still around bc I do like his potential in a simpler offense.

Comment

I agree with that and I won't argue he's not a good WR. He's a very good WR but he'll never be a great WR in this system. His explosiveness is something we haven't seen on this team in a long long time and that is a welcome sight. I just didn't want to rely on him alone turning the page as becoming our #2.
                      Yeah that could work out that way. But what do you define as great? If he is great than what about Nicks? I think Mario as a Z is the homerun threat while Nicks is that steady X who can hit homeruns but may not get that many especially if teams roll the coverages that way. That means we may see more productivity out of Manningham.

Comment

I've said it before, Mario has potential to be a stud WR in a different system. Put him in a WCO or Air Coryell system and he'll be a very good WR.

He's just not smart enough for this system. Hopefully if we get a new system he's still around bc I do like his potential in a simpler offense.
                        Talking about other systems makes me sad... I'd rather get kicked in the balls. All i want is a new offensive system. A brand new one! Nice and new out of the box!

Comment

Talking about other systems makes me sad... I'd rather get kicked in the balls. All i want is a new offensive system. A brand new one! Nice and new out of the box!
                          Can't be just any system though. Gilbride isn't the only crappy coordinator out there.

Comment

Can't be just any system though. Gilbride isn't the only crappy coordinator out there.
                            Well the assumption is that the system is TC's system with Gilbride adding to it and calling the plays.

But at this point, let me try any new OC and we can go from there.

Comment

Well the assumption is that the system is TC's system with Gilbride adding to it and calling the plays.

But at this point, let me try any new OC and we can go from there.
                              Only way you're getting a new system is if Coughlin is fired or retires.

Comment

• Yup, and I like TC a lot. But his loyalty to coaches is annoying. In a way I don't want him to go, because I don't know who the next one will be and how good. But the other part of me, wants him gone if that means a new offensive system that can make better use of the talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information