Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
    What ever happened to that WR that blew up during our preseason games? He went on IR for something just to stay on the team, do we still have him and if so do we keep him?
    victor cruz, and yes he's still on the team. He got put on IR even though he only had a minor injury to make room for someone (will beatty maybe?). I'm really looking forward to seeing him again.

    Comment


    • are we going to resign smith longterm? id be extremely pissed if not. Even if we do, id definitely want to get Plax in camp, he is such a mismatch for DB's it would definitely benefit Eli as well as the other receivers. (also one of the best WR run blockers I've ever seen)

      1. Nicks
      2. Smith
      3. Manningham
      4. Plax
      5. Hixon
      6(7?).Hagan/Barden/Cruz/Thomas/Clayton

      I dont see why we can't bring Plax back, he still has alot of friends on the team, players who frequently visited him and some on here said Coughlin even visited him, i would love to have him back.

      With the injuries we had last year, the inconsistency of Nicks and Manningham, It would be nice to have a bigger target that we can ween into a bigger role. Barden hasn't showed us anything yet, and all things are pointing toward him being a dud. Also with Pascoe's versatility (TE and FB) we could save a roster spot for another WR. Cruz and Thomas are the guys id keep, although Hagan is usually consistent.

      Comment


      • He was a headache when he was here. I think while he has friends, I don't see him wanting to come back. I can see him in Miami or maybe with the Panthers, with Shockey. Probably wants to be near better weather and closer to Miami for the offseason. I think Reese is playing the PC answer by saying we will investigate all options, but I highly doubt we have any intention of bringing Plax back.

        Comment


        • I'd like him back. Look at Vick, give a guy 2 years and you get rewarded for it.

          What's the worst that can happen? He'll get a tiny contract and if he's a pain, you cut him. I think he's going to be motivated to be great again.

          And while I'm sure he's lost some speed, you can't teach size. And he knows how to use his size too. I think he'd be at the very least a great redzone threat.

          I'd like for us to bring him back. I'm guessing we don't though.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
            are we going to resign smith longterm? id be extremely pissed if not. Even if we do, id definitely want to get Plax in camp, he is such a mismatch for DB's it would definitely benefit Eli as well as the other receivers. (also one of the best WR run blockers I've ever seen)

            1. Nicks
            2. Smith
            3. Manningham
            4. Plax
            5. Hixon
            6(7?).Hagan/Barden/Cruz/Thomas/Clayton

            I dont see why we can't bring Plax back, he still has alot of friends on the team, players who frequently visited him and some on here said Coughlin even visited him, i would love to have him back.

            With the injuries we had last year, the inconsistency of Nicks and Manningham, It would be nice to have a bigger target that we can ween into a bigger role. Barden hasn't showed us anything yet, and all things are pointing toward him being a dud. Also with Pascoe's versatility (TE and FB) we could save a roster spot for another WR. Cruz and Thomas are the guys id keep, although Hagan is usually consistent.
            we absolutely do not need him. I also disagree with nicks/MM being inconsistent. MM shined when nicks and smith went down, beating some pro bowl corners week in and week out to boot. I wouldn't even be that upset if we didn't bring smith back, he's a great receiver but we'd be set even without him

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
              we absolutely do not need him. I also disagree with nicks/MM being inconsistent. MM shined when nicks and smith went down, beating some pro bowl corners week in and week out to boot. I wouldn't even be that upset if we didn't bring smith back, he's a great receiver but we'd be set even without him
              Mario Manningham does one thing. But he does it really well. Run in a straight line and go up and get he ball. We need Smith. He's the only real player Eli can trust to be in the right place at the right time. Mario is great to have on the team, but he's a complimentary piece. If we're going to continue to run the same offense, we might want to pay attention to those wonderlic scores a bit more.

              Comment


              • No we need Smith back. End of story.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Mario Manningham does one thing. But he does it really well. Run in a straight line and go up and get he ball. We need Smith. He's the only real player Eli can trust to be in the right place at the right time. Mario is great to have on the team, but he's a complimentary piece. If we're going to continue to run the same offense, we might want to pay attention to those wonderlic scores a bit more.
                  have you watched all his games? >.> He's a beast when they give it to him on the screen, and how is he a complimentary piece? He went over 100 yards when nicks & smith were both down, who is he complimenting? Derek hagan XD. His route running really improved from last year to this past year. Wonderlic isn't even relevant.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
                    have you watched all his games? >.> He's a beast when they give it to him on the screen, and how is he a complimentary piece? He went over 100 yards when nicks & smith were both down, who is he complimenting? Derek hagan XD. His route running really improved from last year to this past year. Wonderlic isn't even relevant.
                    Mario's route running have improved? From dreadful to awful? I apologize he does two things well. Go routes and screens. He's a great #3 WR. But we cannot count on him to run all the routes that Smith does. Derek Hagan is complimentary as well. Further down the list. But he has value as well because he plays specials too. We should have never let him go to begin with. There is probably room for both of them considering rosters are likely to expand. But bottom line is we need Smith. Mario Manningham is not a suitable replacement for him.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Mario's route running have improved? From dreadful to awful? I apologize he does two things well. Go routes and screens. He's a great #3 WR. But we cannot count on him to run all the routes that Smith does. Derek Hagan is complimentary as well. Further down the list. But he has value as well because he plays specials too. We should have never let him go to begin with. There is probably room for both of them considering rosters are likely to expand. But bottom line is we need Smith. Mario Manningham is not a suitable replacement for him.
                      who even said MM would replace smith, smith does work in the slot & on 3rd down. I just meant i'd like to see what nicks and MM can do without smith getting 70-100 catches a year. I don't see how you can downgrade MM so much though, he's a 1k receiver. Bottom line.

                      Comment


                      • No one is saying Mario isn't a good receiver, he's inconsistent and limited. Those are two valid statements considering he is inconsistent with his route running, his hands, and his blocking. He does have a limited route tree, but this last year i do think that with the added playing time he has become more experienced in that area, he still isn't nearly as effective as he is in screens and flys.

                        He's a gamebreaker, but he is not a guy i'd like to put out there in a complicated offense especially for receivers and rely on him to do all of the things required for a starting receiver.

                        Nicks, for a guy who has huge hands and amazing ability, looked like he was thinking too much and dropping easy balls, making moves before he caught the ball, those things aren't helpful to a quarterback. It was his first year, and he did amazing, he is going to be great, he just needs a counterpart.

                        Edit:
                        How stupid will we look if we dont resign smith?

                        Comment


                        • Smith will be re-signed, we'll probably overpay him. Is he really worth #1 money? He's had quite a few injury problems since coming into the league, he had a great year in 09, sure. But he failed to even reach 600 yards any of his other years. Not to mention the injury he's coming off of is pretty serious. Hopefully it'll be an incentive-laden contract.

                          Comment


                          • He won't get #1 money.
                            #Chop


                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • The sad thing is, I think in a simpler offense, like a WCO, Mario would be a stud. He does this well in our complex offense, can you imagine how good he could be if they simplified things for him?

                              He has potential to be our best WR bc he's the fastest, but realistically that won't happen bc our offense is just too complicated for him.

                              I can see him thriving elsewhere. For us, he's a solid #3 WR, but you can't rely on him on every snap.

                              Comment


                              • I agree... Our system puts up stats, but I wish for something else. I think we have the talent to do even better and be MORE consistent.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information