Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I don't want to take the Cardinals for granted but if Osi comes back and play 15-20 plays, and Kiwi keeps his hand on the ground for most of the game like Sunday, we don't really need a ton of Tuck in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Well I don't want to take the Cardinals for granted but if Osi comes back and play 15-20 plays, and Kiwi keeps his hand on the ground for most of the game like Sunday, we don't really need a ton of Tuck in this game.
      Doesn't sound like Osi will be back. I think he makes his debut against the Seahawks.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Tuck will be missed more as a run stuffer than a pass rusher. He's really not a true pass rusher, but he does take double teams every play which frees guys up.

I would prefer that if it's seriously that bad, we just use him as a nickel UT like in 07 and have a rotation of Osi, Kiwi, and JPP as our everydown DEs.

Perhaps rotate Kiwi and JPP at LE and bring Tuck in on obvious pass situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Doesn't sound like Osi will be back. I think he makes his debut against the Seahawks.
          Well then we need Tuck. Tolly's a body at this point. Although I love his aggression nailing Vick on the pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            I was happy. But at the same time, you can't expect that on a weekly basis. We still have work to do.

I want to see us sustain long drives. Still need a slot to emerge. Part of me feels like we're better with Mario on the bench. Is it a coincidence that Eli got hot last week when Mario was on the sidelines and continued that into this game?

Maybe not. Maybe Mario's dumbass running wrong routes on a constant basis is part of the problem to our consistency on offense. Something to think about.
            I mean, at this point, can't we just do what the Eagles do with Desean and have Manningham just run streak routes every play? At least this way Eli doesn't have to worry about him screwing up if Mario has no decision to make.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I hope he can shake it off.. Beckum better play better. I re watched that 4 down and he looked like Eli threw a weighted ball at him. As soon he caught it he fell backwards. Kinda comical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                I mean, at this point, can't we just do what the Eagles do with Desean and have Manningham just run streak routes every play? At least this way Eli doesn't have to worry about him screwing up if Mario has no decision to make.
                Screens and go routes.

Comment

• Beckum is horrible. The sooner he's gone the better.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I saw Eli and MM get that confused on a deep ball.. MM ran a deep post and ball went to the outside near the numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Screens and go routes.
                      No, he needs to make complex decisions on every play that he clearly can't handle.

/gilbride

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                        It's never that simple. And to be fair, not every time it's Mario's fault. I faulted Eli plenty of times vs the Jets when he had miscommunication with Mario.

But yeah, something has to be done. It's just this run n shoot is too complex for him.

Comment

It's never that simple. And to be fair, not every time it's Mario's fault. I faulted Eli plenty of times vs the Jets when he had miscommunication with Mario.

But yeah, something has to be done. It's just this run n shoot is too complex for him.
                          I know, haha. I was just joking around a little. It would be nice if we kept things simple for him but I'm guessing that isn't possible considering how the offense is ran and designed.

Comment

• I forgot to mention how well Rocky is playing this year so far also. The DT rotation we have right now is actually looking really good from Canty down to Kennedy. Rocky has really stepped his game and has looked very good all through preseason and now the 3 games so far this year. It's been one of our strengths this year.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                              I hope he can shake it off.. Beckum better play better. I re watched that 4 down and he looked like Eli threw a weighted ball at him. As soon he caught it he fell backwards. Kinda comical.
                              He's a joke. Softest player on this team in a long long time.

Comment

He's a joke. Softest player on this team in a long long time.
                                I love how BBI uses the Mr. Softee ice cream truck icon when talking about him. Makes me laugh every time.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information