Clear All

• bigbluedefense
    started a topic New York Giants Discussion

New York Giants Discussion

Discuss the New York Giants.

GO BIG BLUE!

• pocketaces
    replied
    What in the world happened to all the great GMen posters who used to post in here?

Leave a comment:

• MikeDevil77
    replied
    Any thoughts on Tim Wright as a TE brought in? Add another weapon for Eli? Can't hide the RU homerism.

Also, any chance they try to get into the Mathis bidding since he was cut by Eagles?

Leave a comment:

• NY+Giants=NYG
    replied
    That TE Cunningham, seems to be impressing, I am interested in seeing how many "unknown" guys can make something of themselves in this new system. Washington has taken a next step and Cunningham is doing well. Let's see if they can progress through TC and in the pre season games.

Leave a comment:

• Mel Pipeher
    replied
    A lot of fluff this time of year. I won't get excited about our LBs with that stuff Beason is saying. It's not like he's gonna sit there and trash them.

As far as the young guys working with vets that's common practice. It's nice to see but it happens all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Pete
    replied
    Jay Bromley has been working out this offseason with JPP in florida.

Andre Williams has been working out with Rashad Jennings in florida as well.

It is good to see our younger guys working hard with our vets, hopefully picking up all the little tricks to be improve. I am very keen to see how both of these young guys are in camp.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Pete
    replied
    I am really looking forward to seeing DRC and Prince on the field, I really think we could have an elite CB tandem.

Here is an interesting video of Jon Beason breaking down our LB corps, I am curious to hear your thoughts http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...2-fb2cf27f695b

Leave a comment:

• BaLLiN
    replied
    I don't mind DRC being less as long as he has lifted and prepared his body for the season.

Jordan is a tier below JPP I feel, but any contact of a player near his spectrum that is obtainable is more reinforcement for a good deal on our part.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Pete
    replied
    Cameron Jordan signed a 5 year, $60m extension with the Saints with $33.8m guaranteed.

Does this help set the market for JPP?

Jordan's contract averages $11m per year, which is 8th among DEs (its 5 year, $55m with $5m in incentives). Jordan's $33.8m guaranteed money is 3rd in the league behind only JJ Watt ($51.8m) and Robert Quinn ($41.1m).

If the rumours are to be believed, the Giants offer for JPP was around 5 years, $50-55m with $20m guaranteed.

Presuamably JPP will want more than what Cam Jordan got, I wouldn't be surprised if he is looking at around the $70m deal Charles Johnson got, but guaranteed money is a factor.

Interestingly Cam Jordan is represented by the same agent as JPP.
    Last edited by Big_Pete; 06-02-2015, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Pete
    replied
    DRC is reportedly up to 208lbs, it doesn't seem to have affected his speed or agility

Leave a comment:

• Big_Pete
    replied
    How is Ereck Flowers looking in the OTAs so far?

Leave a comment:

• BaLLiN
    replied
    I am also in the hell no department.

Leave a comment:

• Mel Pipeher
    replied
    Hell No. The guy kicked a dog and killed it. He also had legal issues in college.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Pete
    replied
    The Falcons have cut LB Prince Shembo. Is he worth a look?

he does have his legal case ahead of him and likely faces league discipline, but he might be worth a shot to improve LB depth

Leave a comment:

• Damix
    replied
    Offense taken! Not really, I'm open to all stylistic suggestions and will be going with whatever the majority thinks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information