Kawika Mitchell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawika Mitchell

No mention on him coming in for a visit yet? How does everyone feel about this? To me it is very blah.

Yeah, its pretty blah if you ask me.

Comment

Better move than bringing in Spikes..

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
        Better move than bringing in Spikes..

completely disagree.

I for one am sick of being mediocre at the linebacker position. Bring in Spikes and Paul P, and we got an elite unit.

But if we do sign Mitchell, I would be ok with it, provided that we still draft a LB in the first 2 rounds of the draft.
        Last edited by GiantRutgersFan; 03-26-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          No mention on him coming in for a visit yet? How does everyone feel about this? To me it is very blah.
          Blah.. He would make a better OLB than MLB though, and thats coming from their board. But I'd rather play our own than use other peoples players. Play our younger guys and build from within.

Comment

He will be coming for a visit: http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=1380

I guess we won't be getting Spikes after all..

Xbox GT: LiquidSwords55

Comment

Depending on his contract he could be a better pick up then Spikes. Plus hes in his prime. Could be our SAM for years to come

Comment

hes a good player- id take him, especially if we cant get a good deal for spikes

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

And he wouldn't cost a draft pick!

Comment

After trade talks for Broncos linebacker collapsed March 23, just before the deal was about to go through, the New York Giants arranged March 25 for Kansas City free-agent linebacker Kawika Mitchell to visit today. Pending a physical, the New York Giants are expected to reach agreement on a one-year deal with Mitchell.
                    From Adam Sheffy

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

1 year deal is good and bad at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                        1 year deal is good and bad at the same time
                        Why? I think it's great.

If he stinks, cya later. If he's real good and there's a mutual want to stay in New York, extend him before FA. Giants could draft a guy in the first round, let him sit behind Mitchell, and let Mitchell walk without any major cap ramifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
                          Why? I think it's great.

If he stinks, cya later. If he's real good and there's a mutual want to stay in New York, extend him before FA. Giants could draft a guy in the first round, let him sit behind Mitchell, and let Mitchell walk without any major cap ramifications.
                          Or maybe Mitchell doesn't even start. Maybe we draft a rookie anyway and someone like Wilkinson impresses so much that he starts too.

Comment

ehh i really hope he doesnt start
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

It's a done deal :

The Giants will sign LB Kawika Mitchell to a one-year, $1 million contract.
                              Mitchell is young (27), big (253 pounds), athletic, and has racked up over 100 tackles the past two seasons. It appears he'll use this year in New York to show he can play outside and reenter the free agent market in 2008 with versatility on his resume. The Giants could be getting a steal if Mitchell, a middle linebacker in Kansas City, excels on the strong side.

From Rotoworld. I think it's a great move.

Xbox GT: LiquidSwords55

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information