Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Tucks value...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Justin Tucks value...

    What do you think that we could garner in a trade of Tuck?

    I read that we are planning to use him as a situational DT, but the guy is a good player. Do you think that we will be able to trade Tuck for a solid DT to go with Robbins and Cofield?

    I would make that move if I was Reese

  • #2
    i do not want to trade justin tuck. I think he is a very good player and we saw that with our injuries last year having him opposite kiwanuka would have helped a lot. Hes an excellent backup, hes young and i do not thinkin getting a day 2 pick for him would be worth it at ALL

    sig by jkpigskin

    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

    2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
      i do not want to trade justin tuck. I think he is a very good player and we saw that with our injuries last year having him opposite kiwanuka would have helped a lot. Hes an excellent backup, hes young and i do not thinkin getting a day 2 pick for him would be worth it at ALL
      uh i didnt say a day 2 pick.


      I would like to trade him for a relatively young, yet solid DT.

      A player around Tucks caliber.

      Comment


      • #4
        If we can get good value I'd trade him. Hes shown some flashes but was injured last year, and wasn't the whole reason he slid in the draft was he was injury prone?

        Reese is really trying to get rid of injury prone guys. We'll still have our injuries because, hey, thats football, but Reese wants to play the odds when he rolls the dice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Tuck is not tradeable at this point.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

          Comment


          • #6
            He has no trade value. And you aren't going to trade a DE for a more talented DT.

            Take off the homer glasses.

            Comment


            • #7
              why would we trade tuck? if we learned anything this year, its that you need depth- granted he went down this year, but what wouldve happened if it wasnt him and it was kiwi? plus, we had willy joseph playing games at DE. that should never happen again
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

              Comment


              • #8
                No trade value? I would disagree with that. Won't get a better DT with him, but he's tradable.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
                  No trade value? I would disagree with that. Won't get a better DT with him, but he's tradable.
                  Players like Jason Truck are a dime a dozen. Any team can get them anywhere. Jason Tuck is not tradable and he is not going to be traded.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                    Players like Jason Truck are a dime a dozen. Any team can get them anywhere. Jason Tuck is not tradable and he is not going to be traded.
                    Jason Truck? Who is that? Jason Tuck? He's not a Giant.

                    And why isn't he tradable? Torn up knee Dante Culpepper got traded. TIM CARTER got traded and Tuck showed more in his rookie year than Carter has his entire career.

                    You're telling me a team like the Skins, who have no DE depth, wouldn't like a youngster like Justin Tuck?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
                      Jason Truck? Who is that? Jason Tuck? He's not a Giant.

                      And why isn't he tradable? Torn up knee Dante Culpepper got traded. TIM CARTER got traded and Tuck showed more in his rookie year than Carter has his entire career.

                      You're telling me a team like the Skins, who have no DE depth, wouldn't like a youngster like Justin Tuck?
                      He was injury prone when he entered the NFL and he just got screws taken out of his foot. Nobody will trade for him until he gets on the field.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
                        Jason Truck? Who is that? Jason Tuck? He's not a Giant.

                        And why isn't he tradable? Torn up knee Dante Culpepper got traded. TIM CARTER got traded and Tuck showed more in his rookie year than Carter has his entire career.

                        You're telling me a team like the Skins, who have no DE depth, wouldn't like a youngster like Justin Tuck?
                        The Redskins are not going to make a trade with a division rival.

                        And what do you think Justin Trunk will fetch?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                          The Redskins are not going to make a trade with a division rival.

                          And what do you think Justin Trunk will fetch?
                          I know, but there's NO other team in the NFL that could use the DE depth?

                          I don't know, a day 2 pick? Adam Archuletta and his huge contract (even though he restructured as part of the deal), got what, a 6th round pick? Yeah, Lovie Smith loves him and can use him properly, but I'm sure there's some coach in the NFL that would love to have Tuck?

                          And can you get his name right? And you call yourself a Giant fan.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
                            I know, but there's NO other team in the NFL that could use the DE depth?

                            I don't know, a day 2 pick? Adam Archuletta and his huge contract (even though he restructured as part of the deal), got what, a 6th round pick? Yeah, Lovie Smith loves him and can use him properly, but I'm sure there's some coach in the NFL that would love to have Tuck?

                            And can you get his name right? And you call yourself a Giant fan.
                            I'm a realistic Giants fan. Of coarse there coaches who like defensive ends, but not for unproven ones when this draft is deep in them and there are always ones available on the waiver wire. And I sure you think you can fetch more than a 6th round draft pick for Tuck.

                            Homers always overrate the abilities of the players on their teams and think the league will pay a premium price for them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                              I'm a realistic Giants fan. Of coarse there coaches who like defensive ends, but not for unproven ones when this draft is deep in them and there are always ones available on the waiver wire. And I sure you think you can fetch more than a 6th round draft pick for Tuck.

                              Homers always overrate the abilities of the players on their teams and think the league will pay a premium price for them.
                              Did you watch Tuck's rookie season?! He showed a lot of potential.

                              Again, if a guy like AA, who everyone knows and probably won't improve, can get a 6th, Tuck can't?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information