No announcement yet.

New York Yankees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, and now we are playing like crap again. Consistency is a real issue right now

Comment

• Tough loss last night, looks like NY plays the Indians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny View Post
        Tough loss last night, looks like NY plays the Indians.
        yea last night was tough, knew we wouldnt win the East going into tonight, but hated to see the sox clinch on our loss. but it doesnt matter at all.

glad we play the tribe. much rather face them than the Angels to open up
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• There is some goober from the Minneapolis Star Tribune's that says the yankees are now offering Phil Hughes, Melky Cabrera and Ian Kennedy for santana. He is also the same guy who is now saying the mets backing down on not offering Jose Reyes and that Santana might prefer the NL to the AL. I know they are just speculations, but i can't imagine giving up Hughes, Kennedy and Melky. On the upside we keep Austin Jackson who can replace Melky in a few years and there are still fantastic arms in the minors. I think it's steinbrenner pushing for this move and is bullying cashman. I think the only reason cashman ever goes through with it is becasue of the phenomenal arms we have in the minors and yes they are phenomenal; Alan horne, Dellin Betances, Christian Garcia, Humberto Sanchez, Andrew Brackman and Heredia. I highlighted those two just due to the absolute incredible potential that they both have.

I really just wanted to get a feel for how everyone else felt about trading Hughes, Kennedy and Melky for santana. Personally, I would rather take the chance and lose on three kids at 1 mill a year as opposed to fail on santana at 20 mill a year. I know santana loves NY, but these three kids have their best friends on this team and i know would kill for this team as well. I just would rather have these three grow together and then in 1, 2, 3 years have the other guys come up and have a completely home grown rotation. Brackman and Betances have the ability to be top of the rotation starters. As does Hughes, Kennedy and Joba.

Now I know none of the guys I mentioned are proven and can easily turn out to be the next craig Hansen, but I really don't like trading a good chunk of the talent Cashman worked so hard to rebuild for one 20 mill a year pitcher. I know it is just my opinion, but I'd like to hear what others think too.

Edit: Well it turns out that moron from the star tribune was just compeltely guessing and it seems as though the twins are more interested in Alan Horne (former pitcher of the year for the East coast league?? somethin along those lines) or Alberto Gonzalez. This makes me a bit happier, but I still dont like the idea of trading hughes.
          Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 12-01-2007, 05:04 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• To bring this thread back alive...

Anyone else besides me believe that Kennedy is going to be a big surprise this year? I personally have him pegged as the AL ROY.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              To bring this thread back alive...

Anyone else besides me believe that Kennedy is going to be a big surprise this year? I personally have him pegged as the AL ROY.

stop being such a pac-10 homer. j/k

i think he will be fine, its gonna be tough with joba on his team.

my guess would be evan longoria of the rays

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                To bring this thread back alive...

Oh geez. How did Kennedy go from being so underrated to maybe the most overrated prospect in all of baseball? He might get his wins due to the prolific offense of the Yanks but Kennedy is going to have some ups and downs. He isn't going to come near the AL Roy and this is coming from someone who was a huge Kennedy fan up untill midway last year.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The reason why I love Kennedy is because of the consistency he can bring to the game. Also, I am a PAC-10 homer. =D

Comment

• The 2008 New York Yankees: Lineup
                    Johnny Damon LF
                    Derek Jeter SS
                    Bobby Abreu RF
                    Alex Rodriguez 3B
                    Jason Giambi 1B
                    Jorge Posada C
                    Hideki Matsui DH
                    Robinson Cano 2B
                    Melky Cabrera CF

Bench
                    Jose Molina C
                    Shelley Duncan 1B-RF-LF
                    Morgan Ensberg 1B-3B
                    Wilson Betemit 1B-2B-3B-SS

Starters
                    RHP Chien-Ming Wang
                    RHP Mike Mussina
                    RHP Phil Hughes
                    RHP Ian Kennedy

Relievers
                    RHP Mariano Rivera
                    RHP Joba Chamberlain
                    RHP LaTroy Hawkins’
                    RHP Kyle Farnsworth
                    LHP Billy Traber
                    RHP Ross Ohlendorf
                    RHP Brian Bruney
                    RHP Jon Albaladejo

————-
                    60-day disabled list
                    RHP Andrew Brackman
                    RHP Humberto Sanchez
                    RHP Carl Pavano

15-day disabled list
                    LHP Andy Pettitte
                    RHP Jeff Karstens
                    LHP Sean Henn

Comment

• Is that the official lineup or your projection?

Comment

• Peter Abraham reported it, so semi-official

Comment

• I really like that line-up. My other thing I would change is switch Giambi and Matsui just because I have no idea which Giambi will show up for us this season.

Comment

• Wang won a game last night for a change, let's hope he keeps up the good work.

Comment

• Another poor pitching performance ugggh :(

Comment

• We really need to re-do our bullpen its pretty terrible IMO.

Oh and Phil Hughes has started to make strides this year finally... I have always like Hughes but he seemed to always be doing great and getting injured or just playing badly, I am glad to see him do decent for himself this year.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information