No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought this might be true but it was the first time I saw it in print. We have the lowest player in Low A (Fransisco Pena), High A (Deolis Guerra), AA (Fernando Martinez), and 2nd youngest player in AAA (Carlos Gomez). All of them are doing pretty well also so they deserve to be there. I'm not sure who is younger than Gomez in AAA though.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• John Maine has been a stud. If he keeps this up it shuts up most of the Mets rotation stinks people.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The great thing is that this year we seem to have VERY good depth of starters in AAA.

Last year, when our starters went down, we had to rely on Lima, Soler and Geremi Gonzalez.

This year we have Jorge Sosa, Philip Humber, Adam Bostick, Jason Vargas and Chan Ho Park.

Each one of those guys are better then any of last year's AAA starters.

Comment

• Its nice to know we can beat a team like colorado but i need to see more from our other starters against a team like the braves, but great job by maine and how bout shawn green.........damn

Comment

• A lot of people were down on Green and Alou because they were struggling in ST, but it's pretty clear that they didn't take ST games seriously.

30+ year-old vets have to conserve their energy in ST, otherwise some of them might not even make to the all-star break.

In a Mets' board that I'm on, I was the only one who kept saying that Green will have a good year, everyone else were convinced that he was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
              A lot of people were down on Green and Alou because they were struggling in ST, but it's pretty clear that they didn't take ST games seriously.

30+ year-old vets have to conserve their energy in ST, otherwise some of them might not even make to the all-star break.

In a Mets' board that I'm on, I was the only one who kept saying that Green will have a good year, everyone else were convinced that he was done.
              can you give me the name of that board ive been looking for a good mets one

Comment

• I gotta be honest, when we signed Endy Chavez, I thought it wasn't a good move, but I do NOT think that now. This guy is an important player to this team.

Easley was a hero today also.

Nice to know we have good players on our bench.

Comment

• What a game, for a few minutes it looked like a great pitching performance was gonna go to waste which is something that bothers me to no end but Easley managed to turn back the clock 7 or 8 years and Endy showed just how valuable he is yet again. I still want him playing everyday.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                  Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by moc182 View Post
                    What a game, for a few minutes it looked like a great pitching performance was gonna go to waste which is something that bothers me to no end but Easley managed to turn back the clock 7 or 8 years and Endy showed just how valuable he is yet again. I still want him playing everyday.
                    Who would he replace? Beltran? Green? Alou?

No, I think we are good with what we have now.

Congrats to Joe Smith on his first career MLB win. First of many I hope.

Comment

• we got raped in the butthole today

Comment

• Another good game for Max's boy Parnell tonight. He's pitching like he did in Brooklyn.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yeap, my sleeper for this year, Bobby Parnell.

It's also great to see Carlos Gomez draw 3 walks today. Plate discipline is the only thing that seperates him from stardom.

A 1-2 combination of Reyes and Gomez at the top of the batting order is a VERY exciting scenario.

Comment

• Let's not forget Gomez thinks of himself as more of a middle of the order hitter. He's not really a lead off guy in my book even though he has all that speed.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Let's not forget Gomez thinks of himself as more of a middle of the order hitter. He's not really a lead off guy in my book even though he has all that speed.
                              I think hitting 2nd would be ideal for him. He'll see PLENTY of fastballs in that spot.

Comment

• **** chan ho park i dont not want him on the team......id rather call up humber

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information