No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hernandez hasnt been good the last few years but hey why not let him fight for a spot. I want us to sign Orlando Hudson to play 2nd for us.

Comment

• I want O-Dog as well. Not gunna happen though.

Comment

• From WFAN, Steve Somers reported that the Mets are considering hitting Luis Castillo in the leadoff spot. Lolz

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
          From WFAN, Steve Somers reported that the Mets are considering hitting Luis Castillo in the leadoff spot. Lolz

Yeah. Jerry said that. I'd be ******* shocked. Jerry played Ramon ******* Martinez over Castillo the last few games. He knows Castillo sucks.

Comment

• i just want to bring in another bat whether we somehow get in on Manny or Hudson would be nice but I don't see either happening so my hope is we just bring in someone who can hit even if it isn't a big name guy.

Comment

• As of now our SP rotation according to Warthen is:

1. Santana
              2. Pelfrey
              3. Perez
              4. Maine
              5. Redding

I'm sure Garcia or Hernandez will win that 5th spot by the end of ST. I'd rather have Redding as our long man to start the year.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Maine 4th? Eww.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  As of now our SP rotation according to Warthen is:

1. Santana
                  2. Pelfrey
                  3. Perez
                  4. Maine
                  5. Redding

I'm sure Garcia or Hernandez will win that 5th spot by the end of ST. I'd rather have Redding as our long man to start the year.
                  I'd rather Redding be our long-man as well, but the prospects of Garcia or Hernandez at the 5th spot don't exactly instill a lot of confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                    I'd rather Redding be our long-man as well, but the prospects of Garcia or Hernandez at the 5th spot don't exactly instill a lot of confidence.
                    I actually think Hernandez would be great in the 5th spot. I think he'll have a bounce back year and if he gives us 225 innings with a 4.50 e.r.a. then that would be awesome in the 5 spot.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                      Maine 4th? Eww.
                      That's just because we play the Reds and Marlins the first 2 series. Maine has good numbers against the Marlins so they want him opening up against them. I think he's going to have big year though now that he's healthy again. He's starting to throw a curve again this year which he really needs to get guys out. If he gets an out pitch then watch out for him.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I actually think Hernandez would be great in the 5th spot. I think he'll have a bounce back year and if he gives us 225 innings with a 4.50 e.r.a. then that would be awesome in the 5 spot.
                        Recently, Mets have had success with these older players.

Still, I'd rather have Niese at 5 spot.

Comment

That's just because we play the Reds and Marlins the first 2 series. Maine has good numbers against the Marlins so they want him opening up against them. I think he's going to have big year though now that he's healthy again. He's starting to throw a curve again this year which he really needs to get guys out. If he gets an out pitch then watch out for him.
                          That and you don't want your lefties pitching back to back, and Maine certainly isn't going to be your #2. He's #4 for a reason. So if he gets an out pitch he won't throw 110 pitches by the fifth inning while having the other team foul a million balls off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            That and you don't want your lefties pitching back to back, and Maine certainly isn't going to be your #2. He's #4 for a reason. So if he gets an out pitch he won't throw 110 pitches by the fifth inning while having the other team foul a million balls off?
                            In reality Maine is probably a #3 starter but we have 3 of those type of guys on our team right now. Pelfrey can be a #2 if he has a year like he did in 2008. Maine has already shown he can be a successful pitcher without that out pitch so with it he can really dominate. In 2007 when he was healthy he should have been an All-Star so I expect something similar to that again.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                              Recently, Mets have had success with these older players.

Still, I'd rather have Niese at 5 spot.
                              I think Niese needs at least another half season in AAA. I like him but there is no need to rush him up this year. Let him get his seasoning and learn how to pitch better. His stufff looked very good in Sept last year but I don't think he's quite ready to win that spot out of ST.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Dillon Gee is a dark horse. He might be the most MLB-ready pitching prospect we have.

I doubt he'll make the roster out of ST, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see him with the Mets at some point this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information