No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to see Citi for the first time. Pretty excited.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Our rotation is slightly above average and we'll get production out of our COF spots just not a ton of power. That's obviously one of the reasons we got Sheff.

Even if Sheffield has something left in his bat, it will more then likely be negated by his horrid defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        Even if Sheffield has something left in his bat, it will more then likely be negated by his horrid defense.
        Well your right about and I don't think it was a good move. We were wnd in runs scored last year and we have a pretty similar lineup so if we score a little less we can be in the Top 5 or so. How could you now like how the bullpen looks now? It's completely different now and we finally have more than one guy who throws hard. Parnell has lookd great this spring and he's only going to be our 6th and 7th inning guy. Green and Feliciano have really good track records. We have 2 closers to end the game.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Well your right about and I don't think it was a good move. We were wnd in runs scored last year and we have a pretty similar lineup so if we score a little less we can be in the Top 5 or so. How could you now like how the bullpen looks now? It's completely different now and we finally have more than one guy who throws hard. Parnell has lookd great this spring and he's only going to be our 6th and 7th inning guy. Green and Feliciano have really good track records. We have 2 closers to end the game.

Parnell's has an 11:10 K/BB ratio in ST. That's not impressive at all. Feliciano was bad last year, but he should be slightly better. He's still our only lefty. Green will be better then Joe Smith. Putz wasn't anything special last year with control issues and K-Rod's year last year was overrated with a drop in velocity and K/9.

Comment

• Nice first win.

Bullpen looked solid. Hopefully, a sign of things to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
              Nice first win.

It was just as Omar had it planned.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Nice first win.

I'd say it looked better than solid, to be honest. It looked great. Granted, it's only one game.

I love watching Francisco pitch in the 9th. Watching him explode off the mound is really exciting see.

It's nice to have some fire ballers on the mound with guys like Frankie, Putz, Green (he was throwing harder than Putz it looked like), and Parnell.

By the way, did you guys see Johan before the game going down the line in the dug out giving each teammate an individual hand shake? It was hilarious. Johan is quickly becoming one of my favorite Mets in my life time.

At least this year we won't have to listen to ATL complain in the first half how he wasn't living up to expectations! No offense, ATL! But he was known to be a second half pitcher long before he ever got to the Mets.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Now we see how good the rest of our rotation is......

Comment

Now we see how good the rest of our rotation is......
                    It's going to win us games. I'm also more excited because the minors start tomorrow.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                      At least this year we won't have to listen to ATL complain in the first half how he wasn't living up to expectations! No offense, ATL! But he was known to be a second half pitcher long before he ever got to the Mets.

He isn't as good as he used to be.

Comment

His numbers are in decline but not too sharply yet. I'd like to see his full year before I really start to believe so. He had an adjustment period the first half last year so let's see what he can do now that he's totally comfortable.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Big Pelf tonight!! Let's stay undefeated.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think he's going to be amazing this year. He's really comfortable being here in New York, not to mention he's throwing his slider early in the year unlike last year when he was all change ups and fastballs. Ironically he started to dominate last year when he really started to throw his slider consistently.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Ok, that was a nail-bitter.

I'm a Mets fan, I'm used to it.

Comment

• Thank god we were able to re-up Oliver.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information