Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    The King has been viciously overmatched.
    I liked his approach when he was first called up even though it took him 9 AB's to get his 1st hit. Right now he's just swinging at anything close though. He got 3 hits yesterday but I'm sure once we're done in the AL parks he gets sent back down.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I liked his approach when he was first called up even though it took him 9 AB's to get his 1st hit. Right now he's just swinging at anything close though. He got 3 hits yesterday but I'm sure once we're done in the AL parks he gets sent back down.

      1 impressive hit yesterday. One was a dribble to second and the barely rolled passed third, and might even get changed to a FC. I didn't expect a ton from him, but he's just confirmed that he's not ready yet. Oh well. Hopefully we get a bat in the OF and he can play out there in a much less pressure packed spot, with more experience under the belt.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        1 impressive hit yesterday. One was a dribble to second and the barely rolled passed third, and might even get changed to a FC. I didn't expect a ton from him, but he's just confirmed that he's not ready yet. Oh well. Hopefully we get a bat in the OF and he can play out there in a much less pressure packed spot, with more experience under the belt.
        Yeah you can tell he certainly has the skills. He has a really quick bat which is going to help when he puts it all together.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Good to see Ike is finally hitting for power. Nice start for Niese as well.

          I hope they keep it up.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            Good to see Ike is finally hitting for power. Nice start for Niese as well.

            I hope they keep it up.
            13th in the FSL for HR's. 3rd in 2B's for Davis.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • After Friday night, I decided no more Mets baseball for the rest of the year. So I hold myself to the vow for one day, until today. I swear, I'm an Orioles fan, and this team is psychologically crippling



              <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                After Friday night, I decided no more Mets baseball for the rest of the year. So I hold myself to the vow for one day, until today. I swear, I'm an Orioles fan, and this team is psychologically crippling
                We are used to it as Mets fans. More dissapointment than celebrating usually. I'm still going down to Camden on Tuesday and possibly Wednesday to cheer them on though.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • June 15 Prospect Report

                  New York: Day Off
                  OF Fernando Martinez

                  Buffalo: Game 1 L 2-4
                  SP Dillon Gee DL
                  SP Jon Niese
                  SP Lance Broadway
                  SP Tobi Stoner
                  RP Eddie Kunz

                  Buffalo: Game 2 W 3-2
                  SP Dillon Gee DL
                  SP Jon Niese
                  SP Lance Broadway
                  SP Tobi Stoner
                  RP Eddie Kunz 2 IP 0 H 0 R 0 ER 0 BB 2 K 2.73 E.R.A. (W,4-2)

                  Binghamton: Day Off
                  SP Brad Holt
                  SP Jenrry Mejia
                  SP Mike Antonini
                  RP Stephen Clyne
                  C Josh Thole
                  1B Nick Evans
                  1B Lucas Duda
                  3B Shawn Bowman
                  SS Ruben Tejada

                  St. Lucie: L 4-5
                  SP Scott Shaw
                  SP Angel Calero 6 IP 8 H 4 R 1 ER 0 BB 6 K 4.43 E.R.A.
                  SP Dylan Owen
                  SP Jeff Kaplan
                  P Nick Carr
                  P Brant Rustich
                  C Francisco Pena 1-4 1 R 1 RBI(18) 1 BB 2 K .225
                  1B Ike Davis 2-4 1 R 1 2B(17) 1 RBI(27) 1 BB 1 K .288
                  2B Hector Pellot 1-4 1 K .254
                  2B Greg Veloz 0-4 1 R 1 BB 1 K .263
                  SS Reese Havens DL
                  3B Zach Lutz 0-4 1 BB 1 K .245
                  OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis 1-5 1 2B(13) 3 K .248
                  OF Carlos Guzman

                  Savannah: L 0-4
                  SP Jeurys Familia
                  SP Elvin Ramirez 6.2 IP 4 H 4 R 3 ER 3 BB 5 K 3.43 E.R.A. (L,3-5)
                  SP Robert Carson
                  SP Kyle Allen
                  RP Josh Stinson
                  RP Eric Beaulac
                  C Kai Gronauer 0-3 2 K .211
                  2B Josh Satin 1-4 2 K .303
                  SS Wilmer Flores 1-3 .256
                  SS Juan Lagares
                  3B Jefry Marte 1-4 .215
                  IF/OF Jordany Valdespin
                  OF Sean Ratliff 0-3 2 K .297
                  Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 06-15-2009, 10:16 PM.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Honeck, Gregory, Church, Schroeder, Wrenn, Hoge, and Sage all signed and headed to Brooklyn.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Good pickup with Jim Ed Warden. He's the only recent, irrelevant Mets pickup I approve of. A tall, sidearmer, he's already 30, but his ability to get ground ball outs could get him a cup of coffee, maybe more



                      <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                        Good pickup with Jim Ed Warden. He's the only recent, irrelevant Mets pickup I approve of. A tall, sidearmer, he's already 30, but his ability to get ground ball outs could get him a cup of coffee, maybe more
                        I'm not sure if we'll see him ever. There are plenty of guys ahead of him on the depth chart plus they sent him to AA. St. Lucie might be sending guys up to Binghamton soon as well so he may be replaced. I 'm pretty sure we plucked him out of the Atlantic League so I'm not really expecting anything, but since I appreciate your view I'll definitely keep an eye out on him.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • The Mets signed a ton of players from the draft all of which has been updated on page 76.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • I hope we sign some of those talented HS kids.

                            I hope Omar doesn't go slot-happy again. No more appeasing Selig.

                            Comment


                            • June 16 Prospect Report

                              Buffalo: W 5-4
                              SP Dillon Gee DL
                              SP Jon Niese
                              SP Lance Broadway 6 IP 3 H 1 R 1 ER 2 BB 2 K 5.97 E.R.A. (W,1-3)
                              SP Tobi Stoner
                              RP Eddie Kunz

                              Binghamton: L 2-3
                              SP Brad Holt
                              SP Jenrry Mejia
                              SP Mike Antonini
                              RP Stephen Clyne
                              C Josh Thole 1-4 .346
                              1B Nick Evans 2-4 1 R 2 2B(8) .260
                              1B Lucas Duda 2-2 1 R 1 2B(15) 1 BB .276
                              3B Shawn Bowman 1-3 1 BB 1 K .283
                              SS Ruben Tejada 0-4 1 K .271

                              St. Lucie: L 0-6
                              SP Scott Shaw
                              SP Angel Calero
                              SP Dylan Owen
                              SP Jeff Kaplan 5.2 IP 7 H 4 R 4 ER 0 BB 2 K 5.06 E.R.A. (L,0-2)
                              P Nick Carr
                              P Brant Rustich
                              C Francisco Pena
                              1B Ike Davis
                              2B Hector Pellot 0-3 1 K .248
                              2B Greg Veloz 1-4 2 K .263
                              SS Reese Havens DL
                              3B Zach Lutz 1-4 1 2B(8) .245
                              OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis 1-4 .248
                              OF Carlos Guzman 0-4 2 K .276

                              Savannah: W 6-3
                              SP Jeurys Familia 5.2 IP 7 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 6 K 3.25 E.R.A. (W,4-4)
                              SP Elvin Ramirez
                              SP Robert Carson
                              SP Kyle Allen
                              RP Josh Stinson 1.1 IP 2 H 0 R 0 ER 1 BB 1 K 4.00 E.R.A.
                              RP Eric Beaulac
                              C Kai Gronauer 0-3 1 R 1 BB .205
                              2B Josh Satin 3-4 1 2B(17) 2 RBI(35) .311
                              SS Wilmer Flores 1-3 1 R 1 HR(2) 2 RBI(18) 1 K .257
                              SS Juan Lagares
                              3B Jefry Marte 2-4 2 R 1 K .220
                              IF/OF Jordany Valdespin
                              OF Sean Ratliff 0-4 2 K .292
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                                I hope we sign some of those talented HS kids.

                                I hope Omar doesn't go slot-happy again. No more appeasing Selig.
                                Ryan Gunhouse's dad is posting on another site and he says Gunhouse is very signable. Unforunately for us he also said it doesn't look as of now that Gunhouse is a high prioirty but we'll see. Just drafting these HS too look good doesn't do anything if you don't sign them. I don't want them all signed but at least half would be nice.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information