New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
    I can't seem to find, although not looking very hard, what is the status on Alou and Valentine?

What do you see for the future of Gomez and Milledge at this point?

When is Hernandez comming back from the DL and is it safe to say that Pelfery is done this year?
    1. Alou was just placed on the DL today and Jason Vargas was called up. Valentin is injured and I think will probably not be back for at least a month and a half.

2. Hernandez is pitching off a mound now and should be back within the next 2-3 weeks. I don't think Pelfrey is done for the year he just needs to work on his secondary stuff more and regain his confidence. At this point it seems it's 90% mental when he gets on the mound.

3. I still think both Gomez and Milledge are special players and both will be future All Stars. I personally Like Gomez a tad more just because of his speed even though Milledge could fly as well. We are real lucky we have all these guys and that so far they all look like they can be special players. I think we're eventually going to have to deal someone and it's probably going to be Milledge which could come back and hurt us.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Who is starting tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
        Who is starting tonight?
        John "Snakes on the" Maine

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          With Him

1. Glavine
          2. Maine
          3. Perez
          4. Hernandez
          5. Martinez

If he's not back then I would put Sosa in his place.
          I hope Pedro comes back strong. That would make us that much tougher.

Comment

• Fernando Martinez with a 3-4 day today, including an opposite field HR.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
              Fernando Martinez with a 3-4 day today, including an opposite field HR.
              Yup and a 2B. I'm amazing how advanced of a hitter he is considering how young he is.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The papers are blasting Lastings Milledge for lyrics in the songs that his record label promotes.

I visited his website and listened to the songs.

I don't see what the big deal is. They sound like average modern-style rap songs to me.

Comment

• Do you have a link?

Comment

The papers are blasting Lastings Milledge for lyrics in the songs that his record label promotes.

I don't see what the big deal is. They sound like average modern-style rap songs to me.
                    probably blown out of perportion by the don imus scandal

Comment

The papers are blasting Lastings Milledge for lyrics in the songs that his record label promotes.

At this point and I'm not sure why it's clear Milledge has almost fell out of favor with the NY media. It's pretty ridiculous and hopefully the more uneducated fans don't listen or read this stuff as gospel. Milledge is a good kid and they are still attacking him for what happened in high school which he was cleared of and was BS anways.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Totally unrelated, but he does have an attitude problem correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          At this point and I'm not sure why it's clear Milledge has almost fell out of favor with the NY media. It's pretty ridiculous and hopefully the more uneducated fans don't listen or read this stuff as gospel. Milledge is a good kid and they are still attacking him for what happened in high school which he was cleared of and was BS anways.
                          I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THAT!!!!

Everyone acted as if he was the only one in that draft who got laid in HS.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                            Do you have a link?
                            Yes, but I'm not sure if I can post it here.

I'll ask the mods.

Comment

Yes, but I'm not sure if I can post it here.

I'll ask the mods.
                              I think you can. It has nothing to do eith another nfl draft website so I don't see the big deal. It's just a music site.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I just read this article

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...16metsrap.html

Some interesting quotes.

He's lost his mind," said City Councilman Leroy Comrie (D-Queens), who sponsored the Council's resolution that condemned use of the N word. "I don't understand how he could, in the spirit of Jackie Robinson, put out music that's so vile, using . . . some of the worst words in music
                                Maybe I missed something, but was this on the day which the MLB celebrated Jackie Robinson or is this person just pulling somethin gout of no where.

One Mets player, speaking anonymously before Tuesday night's game at Shea, wasn't surprised by Milledge's lyrics. "Language like that in a rap song? Shocking!" the player said sarcastically.
                                And this which is what you were both talking about before

Milledge was expelled from Northside Christian School in 2003 for having sex with a 15-year-old girlfriend and agreed to enroll in a juvenile arbitration program to avoid prosecution. Soon after the Mets drafted Milledge in 2003, the Daily News reported that he had been accused of having consensual sex with 12 and 13-year-old girls as well, which led to his expulsion from school.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information