No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that was an amazing finish!! Im really glad I kept the game on til the end. If we can win games with our B lineup and Vargas pitching, then were in good shape.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Vargas looked pretty good.

Until the 6th.

Comment

• Originally posted by roughrider30 View Post
        Wow that was an amazing finish!! Im really glad I kept the game on til the end. If we can win games with our B lineup and Vargas pitching, then were in good shape.
        That was more like a C lineup. Only Green and 'Gado in there among regulars.

BTW, how did the "ageless one" look at 3b?

Comment

• First thing I'll do when I get home is turn on SNY. I gotta see how the rally in the 9th happend.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post

He looked ok, I didnt really see any balls hit to him today though. It was definitely weird seeing two people besides Reyes and Wright on the left side of the infield.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He mad one routine play and thats all I remember as well. I really hope this game helps Delgado get out of his funk coming into the next 6 games against the Yanks and Braves.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Gomez with another big hit today.

He's a bit of a free swinger right now, but his plate discipline is getting better.

Comment

• Just saw the replay. AWESOME job by several people.

Comment

Just saw the replay. AWESOME job by several people.
                    To say the least haha.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Observations from the game:

- Endy Chavez is DA MAN!!!!

- Ollie + confidence = Top of the rotation starter.

- Joe Smith is VERY good. He should be our setup guy.

- Carlos Gomez didn't have a great day, but he looked comfortable batting against a very tough pitcher.

- Billy made it interesting in the 9th, but GREAT pitch to K Giambi. He knew Giambi was sitting on a FB.

Comment

• I didn't see any of the game unfortunately but nice solid win. Perez has been excellent so far this season. How good of a GM has Omar been so far in his days with NY.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Endy Chavez Facts

The Snow Cone is being renamed to the Endy Chavez.

Endy Chavez taught Pedro his changeup

Albert Pujols keeps an Endy Chavez Topps rookie card in his locker for good luck.

The new stadium for the Mets in 2009 will be called Endy Chavez Field.

Roger Clemens has a clause in his contract that he never has to face Endy Chavez.

The only error made by Endy Chavez was on a hard line drive hit by Endy Chavez.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                            Endy Chavez Facts

Albert Pujols keeps an Endy Chavez Topps rookie card in his locker for good luck.

Roger Clemens has a clause in his contract that he never has to face Endy Chavez.

The only error made by Endy Chavez was on a hard line drive hit by Endy Chavez.
                            Lmao of those three hahaha.

Never posted here cause I'm a Jets fan and never knew this thread existed, but I'm a huge Mets fan. I agree with the assessment that Ollie is a top of the rotation pitcher. Speaking of pitching, I kinda wanna go off on a tangent here and speculate a beat, but again, speaking of pitchers, what's our rotation looking like NEXT year? I know it seems silly to ask, but I was just thinking about it with all the recent rumors of Zambrano/Willis to the Mets. I mean who would you rather have, what is more likely to happen, or are we even going to get one of the?
                            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                              Lmao of those three hahaha.

Never posted here cause I'm a Jets fan and never knew this thread existed, but I'm a huge Mets fan. I agree with the assessment that Ollie is a top of the rotation pitcher. Speaking of pitching, I kinda wanna go off on a tangent here and speculate a beat, but again, speaking of pitchers, what's our rotation looking like NEXT year? I know it seems silly to ask, but I was just thinking about it with all the recent rumors of Zambrano/Willis to the Mets. I mean who would you rather have, what is more likely to happen, or are we even going to get one of the?
                              It's going to be very tough to get either Zamrano or Willis. I could see us landing one of them but we're going to have to give up a lot of prospects or a lot of dough. I'd rather get Zambrano since he'll be a FA and we won't have to give up any prospects. You figure Maine and Perez as of now are locks for next year. El Duque has one more year left on his contract as will Pedro. That leaves a spot for one more guy so it could be a FA, Pelfrey, Humber, Sosa, Vargas and a million other guys.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Wild Card for next year's rotation is Kevin Mulvey. He has pitched GREAT in AA and has good stuff with 4 good pitches.

That's funny AlexDown. Endy Chavez went from considered by the fans as an unneccessary signing to a fan favorite and an important part of the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information