X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Smith>>>>>>Chad Bradford

Good news on Mulvey too...

Comment

• I liked Chad Bradford a lot. Joe Smith can be very good.

Comment

• 1. Joe Smith is already very good.

2. I like Kevin Mulvey a lot and he was the guy I wanted when the Mets got onto the board last year. Jake Peavy light.

3. It's going to be very interesting to see what Endy Chavez does when he is a free agent. Is he going to leave for the money and a starting job or stay here and be the great 4th OF he is.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
          Observations from the game:

- Endy Chavez is DA MAN!!!!

- Ollie + confidence = Top of the rotation starter.

- Joe Smith is VERY good. He should be our setup guy.

- Carlos Gomez didn't have a great day, but he looked comfortable batting against a very tough pitcher.

- Billy made it interesting in the 9th, but GREAT pitch to K Giambi. He knew Giambi was sitting on a FB.
          Joe Smith was ok last night. He walked Jeter. It was a bad call.

Also where's the love for Willie? He's the reason along with Endy that you won last night. But Mets fans only get on Willie when he does something wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Joe Smith was ok last night. He walked Jeter. It was a bad call.

Also where's the love for Willie? He's the reason along with Endy that you won last night. But Mets fans only get on Willie when he does something wrong.
            I didn't get to watch the game last night as you know but Willie still makes questionable calls once in a while. He is great and I mean absolutely great handling the team and managing the clubhouse but he still makes some decisions that you ask why. I don't know what your specifically referring to last night as why Willie won the game. Also, I haven't really heard anyone bash Willie that much since like mid year last year.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              I didn't get to watch the game last night as you know but Willie still makes questionable calls once in a while. He is great and I mean absolutely great handling the team and managing the clubhouse but he still makes some decisions that you ask why. I don't know what your specifically referring to last night as why Willie won the game. Also, I haven't really heard anyone bash Willie that much since like mid year last year.
              Willie tricked Petitte into believing Endy was bunting. Andy even admittied it. He layed a high fastball right down the middle and the bunt was on anymore and Endy crushed it.

Questionable calls work a lot of the time. No manager plays by the book all the time. If that was the case there would be no need for them.

Comment

Willie tricked Petitte into believing Endy was bunting. Andy even admittied it. He layed a high fastball right down the middle and the bunt was on anymore and Endy crushed it.

Questionable calls work a lot of the time. No manager plays by the book all the time. If that was the case there would be no need for them.
                Ok I wasn't sure if you were talking about that or not. People might be giving too much credit too Willie for that. For all we know he just took the bunt off and Pettite didn't think he would. Regardless Endy still had to hit it so the credit goes to him. The real 4th best OF in NY not Melky as so many people wanted to claim.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• No comment on ball 4 to Jeter. Joe Smith is good but it his hard to proclaim him the man the day after he faced only batter. Threw nine pitches which Jeter kept fouling off and staying on top of. And then striking him out looking with ball 4.

Comment

No comment on ball 4 to Jeter. Joe Smith is good but it his hard to proclaim him the man the day after he faced only batter. Threw nine pitches which Jeter kept fouling off and staying on top of. And then striking him out looking with ball 4.
                    That pitch was close, it could've gone either way. Andy had a few pitches that were further from the plate that were called a strike, so let's not get into this.

Granted, Lo Duca wanted that pitch inside and had to reach for it, but it still looked like it crossed the black.

Comment

That pitch was close, it could've gone either way. Andy had a few pitches that were further from the plate that were called a strike, so let's not get into this.

Granted, Lo Duca wanted that pitch inside and had to reach for it, but it still looked like it crossed the black.
                      It was a hitter's ump all night. Both Andy and Ollie were getting upset throughout the game. Then all of a sudden top of the 8th that pitch was called.

Comment

It was a hitter's ump all night. Both Andy and Ollie were getting upset throughout the game. Then all of a sudden top of the 8th that pitch was called.
                        There were PLENTY of times that that ump called an outside strike yesterday.

Mets won that game fairly.

Comment

• Finally I can exhale. Yankees made too interesting. No lead is safe with that freaking lineup.

I can relax now and enjoy Jughead wearing that GREAT sig. :)

Comment

Finally I can exhale. Yankees made too interesting. No lead is safe with that freaking lineup.

I can relax now and enjoy Jughead wearing that GREAT sig. :)
                            Yes it will be a nice sight to behold for sure. I wonder if we really cut their throats with a sweep.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Yes it will be a nice sight to behold for sure. I wonder if we really cut their throats with a sweep.
                              Are you going to take that sig too?

Comment

• What do you guys think is Torres job still safe in the event of a Mets sweep tomarrow night? I dont think he deserves to be canned, but we all know how the boss is.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information