No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys agree with me that the commentators on SNY (Gary, Ron, and Keith) are really really good? Every time I watch a Yankee game or any prime-time game, I notice others are not nearly as good or entertaining.

Also during yesterdays game they asked a question who would be the Mets captain. One of them brought up Lo Duca and I would probably agree. What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
      Do you guys agree with me that the commentators on SNY (Gary, Ron, and Keith) are really really good? Every time I watch a Yankee game or any prime-time game, I notice others are not nearly as good or entertaining.

Also during yesterdays game they asked a question who would be the Mets captain. One of them brought up Lo Duca and I would probably agree. What do you think?
      1. Yes we are lucky we have them three doing our games. They are smart, funny, insightful and they bring exactly what you want to a baseball game. They are the best in the business.

2. Paul Lod Duca is not going to be here long enough to be a captain. If we ever name a new captain it will definitely be David Wright or Jose Reyes.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        1. Yes we are lucky we have them three doing our games. They are smart, funny, insightful and they bring exactly what you want to a baseball game. They are the best in the business.

2. Paul Lod Duca is not going to be here long enough to be a captain. If we ever name a new captain it will definitely be David Wright or Jose Reyes.
        Yankees announcers get crap because everyone hates Michael Kay and it doesn't help the Mets fan fire that he has his own radio show in NY. Besides that all the Yankee guys are actually great. They have a large team of great guys. Jim Kaat was probably the best in the business until he stopped doing it this season. But Girardi, Flaherty, and even Leiter are all very good for guys who are brand new to it. For the Mets, Darling is just excellent and Gary very good, but I just can't stand Hernandez. To me it seems like he just spaces out sometimes in the middle of games and has nothing to say. Gary has to hold his hand.

As for a Mets captain, it would defiantely be Wright. Reyes is still too immature for that responsibility for now in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Yankees announcers get crap because everyone hates Michael Kay and it doesn't help the Mets fan fire that he has his own radio show in NY. Besides that all the Yankee guys are actually great. They have a large team of great guys. Jim Kaat was probably the best in the business until he stopped doing it this season. But Girardi, Flaherty, and even Leiter are all very good for guys who are brand new to it. For the Mets, Darling is just excellent and Gary very good, but I just can't stand Hernandez. To me it seems like he just spaces out sometimes in the middle of games and has nothing to say. Gary has to hold his hand.

As for a Mets captain, it would defiantely be Wright. Reyes is still too immature for that responsibility for now in my opinion.
          I agree with you that Keith is probably the weakest of the 3, but he has a good sense of humor, which is a plus.

I also agree with you regarding Wright being the most ideal for the C, but disagree that Reyes is immature.

He often jokes around and can't sit still in the dugout like a kid, but his teammates respect and listen to him.

He's also a very religious and family oriented man.

Also, he loves the game as much as any MLB player and gives as much effort as any.

That is a quality of a good leader as well, in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            I agree with you that Keith is probably the weakest of the 3, but he has a good sense of humor, which is a plus.

I also agree with you regarding Wright being the most ideal for the C, but disagree that Reyes is immature.

He often jokes around and can't sit still in the dugout like a kid, but his teammates respect and listen to him.

He's also a very religious and family oriented man.

Also, he loves the game as much as any MLB player and gives as much effort as any.

That is a quality of a good leader as well, in my opinion.
            Religious and family oriented means nothing in this day of age, but that wasn't the point. I didn't mean he was immature in the same sense that Milledge is immature. I was mainly referring to the fact that he acts like a small child in the dugout who is all hyped up on caffeine. That just doesn't gel with being a captain, at least in my opnion.

Comment

Religious and family oriented means nothing in this day of age, but that wasn't the point. I didn't mean he was immature in the same sense that Milledge is immature. I was mainly referring to the fact that he acts like a small child in the dugout who is all hyped up on caffeine. That just doesn't gel with being a captain, at least in my opnion.
              I understand.

Personally, I believe that a Captain is the guy who leads by example.

Both Jeter and Reyes are similar in that they play the game the right way.

Comment

• BTW, Giantfan1080, which prospects are you keeping at eye on for the upcoming draft that have a realistic shot of dropping to us?

Comment

BTW, Giantfan1080, which prospects are you keeping at eye on for the upcoming draft that have a realistic shot of dropping to us?
                  To be honest as far as the MLB draft goes I only know like the first rounders and such. I think it's going to be impossible to predict what guys are around at our pick. All the info I usually get is from NYFS so whatever Nitelight says I agree with him haha. I'll give a little credit to myself though I have predicted each Mets pick the last 5 years at the time of our selection. I even said looks like we'll be getting Mulvey about 10 picks before our selection last year. I want Kazmir back. LAst if there is one guy I would like to see us take it would be Frazier since we both go to Rutgers. Who are you keeping your eye on?
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

To be honest as far as the MLB draft goes I only know like the first rounders and such. I think it's going to be impossible to predict what guys are around at our pick. All the info I usually get is from NYFS so whatever Nitelight says I agree with him haha. I'll give a little credit to myself though I have predicted each Mets pick the last 5 years at the time of our selection. I even said looks like we'll be getting Mulvey about 10 picks before our selection last year. I want Kazmir back. LAst if there is one guy I would like to see us take it would be Frazier since we both go to Rutgers. Who are you keeping your eye on?
                    LOL me too. But without that trade, Jim "The Bald and the Stupid" Duquette would still be our GM.

Who knows what would have happend. Perhaps, we would still be an annual 95-loss team.

I, too, know very little about the this year's prospects. I did hear that this year's class is deep in toolsy middle infielders.

Comment

LOL me too. But without that trade, Jim "The Bald and the Stupid" Duquette would still be our GM.

Who knows what would have happend. Perhaps, we would still be an annual 95-loss team.

I, too, know very little about the this year's prospects. I did hear that this year's class is deep in toolsy middle infielders.
                      I think Omar was going to be our GM eventually no matter what but oh well no point in rehashing all that. I was just looking at a list and I want us to take Josh Smoker just to say we have a Smoker and a Stoner in our minor leagues.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think Omar was going to be our GM eventually no matter what but oh well no point in rehashing all that. I was just looking at a list and I want us to take Josh Smoker just to say we have a Smoker and a Stoner in our minor leagues.
                        Then you would just have to draft Jacob Steroid and you'd be all set.

Comment

• I'd like to see us go after Nevin Griffith with our first pick. And with one of our first 4 Tony Thomas of FSU

Comment

Then you would just have to draft Jacob Steroid and you'd be all set.
                            NAA doesn't fit with the whole ER endings of the names. If his name was steroider then ok.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

NAA doesn't fit with the whole ER endings of the names. If his name was steroider then ok.
                              Jacob Juicer.

Comment

Jacob Juicer.
                                Much much better. I hope we take him in the 8th.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information