No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedro threw 31 pitches off the mound today. Hopefully he comes back strong.

Comment

• He is ahead of schedule. I still don't know if he will be back before June.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
        He is ahead of schedule. I still don't know if he will be back before June.
        I think he'll be back shortly after the All Star Game. I for one can not wait untill he pitches again. It's going to be very exciting and if its Shea thats one game I'm def. going to try to get too.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The last 2 games by far have been the most frustrating for me. I hope Endy is back in at least a month or two.
          Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 06-07-2007, 12:47 AM.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            The last 2 ga,es by far have been the most frustrating for me. I hope Endy is back in at least a month or two.
            Ya it has been a very tough stretch as of late. and that Chavez injury didnt look very good, if its a tear he is probably done for the year. Its not a good time for him to go down.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by roughrider30 View Post
              Ya it has been a very tough stretch as of late. and that Chavez injury didnt look very good, if its a tear he is probably done for the year. Its not a good time for him to go down.
              Yeah I'm hoping it's not that bad but it did look terrible.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Hard to watch this home stand.

With so many regulars out, our lineup is really struggling.

I hope we pick it up.

Comment

• When you have 2nd and 3rd with nobody out and you fail to bring home a run, I don't know what you can really say.

If you have been noticing, the Mets have not been scoring many runs lately. We NEED Green, Alou, and Valentine back.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                    Hard to watch this home stand.

With so many regulars out, our lineup is really struggling.

I hope we pick it up.
                    It's just frustrating.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We get Cole Hamels tonight also. GREAT, that's all we need. Hopefully we can scratch a couple of runs off him.

John Maine will have to be EXCELLENT in this one.
                      Last edited by MaxV; 06-07-2007, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• I don't follow the MLB draft at all, but we gave our first round pick for Alou correct? I'm guessing that the MLB draft is nothing like the NFL considering we gave away this pick in exhange for an older player who will probably only be on the team for this year.

Are draft picks that important?

Comment

I don't follow the MLB draft at all, but we gave our first round pick for Alou correct? I'm guessing that the MLB draft is nothing like the NFL considering we gave away this pick in exhange for an older player who will probably only be on the team for this year.

They are very important. Drafting is the blood of your organization no matter what sport.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't follow the MLB draft at all, but we gave our first round pick for Alou correct? I'm guessing that the MLB draft is nothing like the NFL considering we gave away this pick in exhange for an older player who will probably only be on the team for this year.

Yes, our 1st rounder went to the Giants, but we also received sandwich/2nd round picks for Bradford and Hernandez.

We have 5 picks in the top 101.

Are draft picks important???

Do you remember when we went to the World Series with Mike Hampton, but then lost him to Free Agency?

Well, Mets got a sandwich pick for him, which they used to select a guy by the name of David Wright.

Comment

• Umm, not as much as the NFL draft, mainly because there's 49 rounds (i believe that numbers correct) and value can be found quite often, almost regularly, in the later rounds. None the less, still important. And despite not having a first rounder, we have 8 picks in the first 142 picks, so we should get some nice depth.On a side note, Rob Segedin, 3rd Baseman out of highschool, Mets have talked with him, projected to go in round 5-10, he goes to my HS and in fact, I take a class with him, just thought that was pretty cool...

Also, I'm not quite sure what to think of this recent home stand, losing 3 straight games...? Ouch. What's up with us? I mean our pitching has been there every game for us, it's just our run support...how ironic. We need to start boppin homers, Beltran's gotta STEP UP.

Injury Report: Green Should be starting to play minor league ball soon, moises alou will return to the Mets shortly, and Pedro, who just pitched 38 pitches in a real game, is gunna be back late July, early August.
                              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Acctually, I think Green won't rehab, he'll go straight to the Mets.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information