Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That'd be nice, would could use another bat in the OF, I thought I read somewhere that he would be starting rehab like this week, I guess I was wrong..
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

    Jets will not take McFadden...

    Comment


    • Our first pick is in : Kunz, Edward

      I'm not so sure how I feel about him, he's an RHP and has a really nice 1-2 pitch (94 MPH Fastball which he's got great command over and a true slider) but that's about it. He's definitely not gunna be a starter, more of a bullpen guy, which is why I'm not so sure about the pick, you don't generally wanna spend a mid second-rounder on a guy who has virtually no shot at starting. What do I know though...anyone else have any thoughts on this pick?
      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

      Jets will not take McFadden...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
        Our first pick is in : Kunz, Edward

        I'm not so sure how I feel about him, he's an RHP and has a really nice 1-2 pitch (94 MPH Fastball which he's got great command over and a true slider) but that's about it. He's definitely not gunna be a starter, more of a bullpen guy, which is why I'm not so sure about the pick, you don't generally wanna spend a mid second-rounder on a guy who has virtually no shot at starting. What do I know though...anyone else have any thoughts on this pick?

        you can check out his scouting report here

        http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/...number&ft=&fv=

        and our 2nd pick was

        Nathan Vineyard LHP Woodland HS
        Last edited by LTgiants; 06-07-2007, 05:00 PM.

        Comment


        • I'm not in love with a bullpen guy this early but if he turns out to be a great MR then you never know. Smith and Kunz as our setup guys might not be that bad. We know how Omar thinks the bullpen is very important.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • I hate our last pick, horrible pick. In my opinion, the guy doesn't stand a chance in the MLB. A sub-par fast-ball, an almost obsolete change-up, and a decent curve, UGH!!!!

            The Vineyard pick I really like, I was hoping to get him with our first second rounder, so hopefully he pans out. But again, 3 pitchers in 3 picks is not the way I planned them going, especially with pitching, and long-term pitching at that, being our strong point.
            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

            Jets will not take McFadden...

            Comment


            • BA's scouting report on Moviel:

              The Andrew Brackman comparisons are obvious. Product of an Ohio high school? Check. Signed to play in college at North Carolina State? Check. Huge body that has scouts dreaming of a monster frontline starter? Check. Unlike Brackman, Moviel doesn't have a basketball scholarship, but he has played the sport in high school. He's an intimidating 6-foot-10 and 245 pounds and athletic for his size. He has a 91-92 mph fastball that tops out at 94, and he has tightened up a curveball that was loopy a year ago. Brackman had similar stuff when he came out of Cincinnati's Moeller High three years ago, though his breaking ball was better. As with any large pitcher, there are concerns as to how well Moviel will repeat his delivery and command his pitches. His mechanics don't have any major flaws, though he could do a better job of staying on top of his pitches. Because his older brothers Paul (in the Devil Rays system) and Greg (in the Mariners organization) went backward in college, Moviel is considered signable, especially if he goes in the top three rounds as expected.

              6'-10" pitcher!!!! Omar is building a basketball team.

              I acctually like this pick.

              Comment


              • My good friend knows Harvey from school. Hes talking to him now on the phone now.

                I am not watching the draft or can find an update draft results page. We just got him right? I saw a few mock drafts having him as a top 10 pick. Any reason he fell?

                Comment


                • Brent Rustich, 6'-6" 220 closer out of UCLA. JEEZ, all these guys have the size to play PF/C in the NBA.

                  Comment


                  • Rustich has GREAT stuff, with mid-to-high-90s FB, good power slider and a splitter, but his command is a big issue.

                    Paging Rick Peterson.

                    Comment


                    • LOL Another college reliever, LHP Jeff Niesen.

                      He too has very good velocity on his FB, but command is an issue.

                      Omar is going heavy with pitchers who have good raw upside.

                      Comment


                      • I really don't like taking all these relievers.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                          My good friend knows Harvey from school. Hes talking to him now on the phone now.

                          I am not watching the draft or can find an update draft results page. We just got him right? I saw a few mock drafts having him as a top 10 pick. Any reason he fell?
                          No we did not take Harvey.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I really don't like taking all these relievers.
                            I think Mets view some of these guys as starters.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                              I think Mets view some of these guys as starters.
                              Even if one or 2 of them are they don't have any good history of starting. They are in the bullpen for a reason. I hope we can get them fixed but there were plenty of better options throughout as of now.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Back to Back to Back homers. Maybe that will get us going again.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information