No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have Scott Shoenwise's adress? I plan on sending him a very detailed **** YOU letter.
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• This is just not fair. Whenever something good happens, things just fall apart.

I hope they get it together and fast.

Comment

• Well if you look at the bright side, its a good thing that they are having these problems and injuries at this point of the season as opposed to late in the season like last year, when other teams are getting hot before the playoffs. So hopefully, they will wake up soon, get healthy, play like their capable of playing.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I personally didn't like our draft at all. I would have liked to see us go for a more bonafide starting pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            This is just not fair. Whenever something good happens, things just fall apart.

I hope they get it together and fast.
            Damn you guys stink.

Comment

• This road trip / remainder of June is going to be an very hard test for the Mets. We have to play....

@Detriot - Defending AL Champs. First time we play them at their new stadium. (I've been to it twice, it's very very nice.)

@LAD - Late games for us to watch, many people including SI picked them to win the NL. I haven't seen any of their games besides highlights throughout the season. How do we match up with them?

@NYY - I'm interested to see how the Yankees play up untill this series. This series is always close.

MIN - Anyone know what their pitching lineup is going to look like? Will we play during a Santana start?

OAK - Just took 3 out of 4 from the Red Sox. They are currently 3rd in their division, but have been playing good baseball lately.

STL - Last time we played them it was not much of a series, but Albert Pujols has apparently raised his BA 40 points in last 2/3 weeks along with a few HRs. I am not expecting a similar series as last time. Also, is Carpenter still on the DL?

@PHI - I know we want to put this series behind us, and I know I am looking WAY ahead, but I hope the Mets look to get some games back from them. THey have also been playing well lately and have managed to sweep both the Mets and the Braves recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                Damn you guys stink.
                You're right man, we've been playing as if we are 10.5 out.

Are you sure the Mets and Yankees didn't switch players?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                  You're right man, we've been playing as if we are 10.5 out.

Are you sure the Mets and Yankees didn't switch players?
                  You see what happens when everyone is injured now don't you.

Comment

• We've hit our first rough patch of the year but everything will be fine. As someone just mentioned earlier we have arguably the toughest part of our schedule coming up where we play every team that made the playoffs last year. If we can just play a couple of games over .500 then we'll be cruising into October laster this year I believe.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Damn you guys stink.
                      Yankees fans already starting to get cocky again.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Yankees fans already starting to get cocky again.
                        Not being cocky. We have a long ways still but I'm confident in what I'm seeing that we will turn it around and the Sox will have to hold us off till the very end. But come on, you guys play in the NL. The little sisters league basically. If you wanna be considered the only AL caliber team playing in the NL you gotta show me more than this.

Comment

• Not necessarly applicable, but do you feel the same way about the Giants playing in the NFC?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                            Not necessarly applicable, but do you feel the same way about the Giants playing in the NFC?
                            In ways yes. But the difference between the AL and NL is greater than the difference between the AFC and NFC.

Football is a whole different beast than baseball anyway. Almost impossible to compare the two. During the Super Bowl the Detroit Lions could beat the Colts. However in a seven games series, although possible, the Royals are less likely to beat the Yankees/Sox/Mets etc. And over the course of 162 games, that same Royals team has even less of a chance to have a better record than any of those teams.
                            Last edited by Jughead10; 06-08-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Not being cocky. We have a long ways still but I'm confident in what I'm seeing that we will turn it around and the Sox will have to hold us off till the very end. But come on, you guys play in the NL. The little sisters league basically. If you wanna be considered the only AL caliber team playing in the NL you gotta show me more than this.
                              Baseball is a long season. Our pitching has been spectacular so far and our offense is now lagging a little bit. You saw the exact same thing except usually we still eek out victories when this happens. We're in a 4 game losing streak right now with a very touch stretch coming up. I am very confident by the time mid summer rolls around we'll still be on top. Also enough with comparing the leagues already because its pretty ridiculous. I don't have enough time to get into it right now but teams are made up specifically because of the league they play in. I don't know of any AL teams with the likes of the Padres or Mets or Dodgers bullepns and etc. Same thing goes with the Cards last year that even though the Tigers had a great back of the bullpen some of their middle relief bit them. Teams are made up differently based on the legaue they play in. Just because of the Dh doesn't mean the league is better it's because you have an extra hitter on each team. Bring the Yankees into the NL without that extra hitter and the lineup is totally different.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Bring the Yankees into the NL without that extra hitter and the lineup is totally different.
                                Different yet still better. Besides the DH, the AL linesup are deeper 1-8.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information