New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
    Now i have to post in the Giants board more...anyways does anybody else want to see how long smith sticks around(if he leaves early) i dont think he was ready and it wasnt smart to call him up to the MLB neverming put him in against Pujols
    I think you're going to surprised just how good this kid is.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      I think you're going to surprised just how good this kid is.
      Did Omar rush him? He didn't exactly light it up in AA last year. And Omar has always been very agressive with prospects. I think Smith will struggle hard at some point this year and have to get sent back down before he comes up again and sticks for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Did Omar rush him? He didn't exactly light it up in AA last year. And Omar has always been very agressive with prospects. I think Smith will struggle hard at some point this year and have to get sent back down before he comes up again and sticks for good.
        Well, the one concern I have about him is the walk rate. All 3 of his pitches have movement, and it's not easy to locate them. But he shouldn't give up a lot of hits.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
          Well, the one concern I have about him is the walk rate. All 3 of his pitches have movement, and it's not easy to locate them. But he shouldn't give up a lot of hits.
          i know his stuff is reall good but it wasnt smart to put him in opening night against pujols......willie's one weakness has always seemed to bullpen management and it reared it's ugly head on saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            I know isn't it awful? We need to get rid of them.
            You wouln't have started to post here if it wasn't for me.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
              i know his stuff is reall good but it wasnt smart to put him in opening night against pujols......willie's one weakness has always seemed to bullpen management and it reared it's ugly head on saturday
              I think Willie wanted to see what Smith would do in a sort of big spot as early as possible. Smith has great movement on his pitches and IU think he'll be solid in his role. It looks like he his stubborn and won't trust the movement on his pitches to induce some grounders. All in all Willie wanted to test him and with a 5 run lead he did.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Another nice W tonight, El Duque was excellent. The starters are gonna have to keep it up, cause behind Heilman and Wagner the pen looks like it could be quite shaky.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Do we have a 5th starter? For some reason I thought it was Pelfrey.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                    Do we have a 5th starter? For some reason I thought it was Pelfrey.
                    He is, optioned down to A for either another start or to delay another roster decision, not sure which, or both.

Could actually bite them in the ass in the long run if he doesn't have many options left.

Comment

Pelfrey is in the Minors because the Mets don't need a 5th starter right now.

Comment

I'm realy excited to see Maine pitch tonight. I think he is going to surprise some people around baseball this year.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

We really lucked out not having to face Wainwright this series.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                          Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

I agree. Wainwright should have a pretty solid year dropping that curve on everyone. I'm suprised the Cards didn't have him as their #3 starter over Looper.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              I agree. Wainwright should have a pretty solid year dropping that curve on everyone. I'm suprised the Cards didn't have him as their #3 starter over Looper.
                              O YES! WE'RE FACING LOOPER TONIGHT!!!

Comment

2-0. Maine is looking great.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information