No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glavine has truly lost it...I hope that he gets 300 this year, for his sake, and so he can retire.
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
      Glavine has truly lost it...I hope that he gets 300 this year, for his sake, and so he can retire.
      Yeah, he really needs to get 300, because that will signal the end. This is a little blurb I found the other day.

The Hartford Courant reports New York Mets SP Tom Glavine will consider retiring after the 2007 season. "If I had to guess right now, I think I'm 50-50," Glavine said. "If I stay healthy and I win my 300th game, I think it becomes really hard for me to pitch next year. But if I do that - like last year, if I win 15 games - it's going to be hard to walk away." Glavine has a $9 million player option with the Mets for the 2008 season.

Comment

• yeah. im dreading the days glavine pitches now.

as for the adam dunn question...i love that in theory. however i read somewhere that he is completely incapable of playing 1B.

i wouldnt mind going after teix. though. i could see that happening actually.

Comment

• Beltran + Delgado = washed up stars making ridiculous sums of money...ftw???

I knew it from the minute he started with the Mets organization that Beltran was gunna be nothing worth the money. What's up with him not even stealing anymore?

Oh well, Wright and Reyes are gunna be top 10 ball-players for the next 15 years, so I guess it evens out..

Comment

Beltran + Delgado = washed up stars making ridiculous sums of money...ftw???

I knew it from the minute he started with the Mets organization that Beltran was gunna be nothing worth the money. What's up with him not even stealing anymore?

Oh well, Wright and Reyes are gunna be top 10 ball-players for the next 15 years, so I guess it evens out..

Gomez is a stud as well.

Comment

• Yea, he's really been somethin the last few games, my one problem with him, is that he's horrible, absolutely horrible, at initially judging fly balls. That's about it though, hopefully that comes with experience. Other than that, he's really starting to come together very nicely.

Comment

Yea, he's really been somethin the last few games, my one problem with him, is that he's horrible, absolutely horrible, at initially judging fly balls. That's about it though, hopefully that comes with experience. Other than that, he's really starting to come together very nicely.
                I would call him bad at it. Not horrible. It really doesn't matter though, because his speed will let him get to 95% of the balls.

Comment

Yea, he's really been somethin the last few games, my one problem with him, is that he's horrible, absolutely horrible, at initially judging fly balls. That's about it though, hopefully that comes with experience. Other than that, he's really starting to come together very nicely.
                  He's used to playing CF. The more time he has in the corners the less that will be a problem.

Beltran is not washed up he is probably playing more injured than we realized.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• i agree. i am not worried about beltran. delgado is a huge problem for us though.

Comment

• Mets, meaning Fred Wilpon, are/is looking to purchase a MLS team or start a new one up to play at Citi Field by 2009, just thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

Mets, meaning Fred Wilpon, are/is looking to purchase a MLS team or start a new one up to play at Citi Field by 2009, just thought that was pretty cool.
                        I don't pay attention to MLS but I think NY already has the Red Bulls, don't they?

There aren't enough soccer fans to sustain 2 soccer teams in 1 city, not even in NY.

Comment

• Well technically it's the NY/NJ Red Bull, and it's definitely more NJ because they play at Continental Arena.

Comment

• Maybe if they can get Drogba on the team, I'll be interested.

Comment

• I don't want a soccer team playing at Citi Field. It would rip the field up and be a terrible idea. Keep it baseball only, that's it.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Another rough night.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information