No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the starting pitching can even remotely resemble the first 2 and a half games this year this is going to be a tough team to beat.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
    Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

3 HRs so far...

Comment

10-0 now.

Maine looked GREAT. He still needs a bit of work on locating his slider and changeup, but his fastball is VERY good.

Burgos is in. Interesting to see how he does.

Comment

This kid has ELECTRIC stuff. I hope he learns to control it.

Comment

excellent game by john maine. i have a good feeling about this kid since last year. so far we gotta good start, we gotta keep it up

Comment

I know the younger starters on the Mets don't have a great track record but everyone has understimated them. They are going to be very solid all year and the rotation will be fine as most Mets fans actually think.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

As great as this series was I'm still excited for tomorrow to start. The minor league seasons open tomorrow and to me this is just as big an event as the actual season. Our minors are stacked at every level this year and it's going to be fun seeing how all these guys do. I'm most excited to see how our young pitchers do and to see if Legares and Emmanuel Garcia have breakout seasons like some of us expect them too.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yep, today's starters in the minors will be Philip Humber, Kevin Mulvey, Deolis Guerra and Tobi Stoner.

The first 3 are all in our top 10, while Stoner is in top 20.

Off-course there are also a lot of position prospects as well.

Comment

I don't like the idea of only having 4 starters. I think an extra days rest would really benefit Glavine and El Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                      I don't like the idea of only having 4 starters. I think an extra days rest would really benefit Glavine and El Duke.
                      We don't need a 5th starter right now. Everyone pitches on regular rest.

Comment

Mets were off tonight, but our Minor Leaguers were working.

GREAT start for 18 year-old Deolis Guerra tonight:

5 inn, 2 hits, 0 er, 0 bb, 5 Ks.

Phillip Humber:

5 inn, 1 hit, 1 r, 3 bbs, 4 Ks.

The New Orleans game was on SNY, Humber's curve looked NASTY.

I also saw Carlos Gomez for the first time. He really is FASTER then Reyes. Gomez turned a single into an easy double with his wheels.

Overall a very good day for the organization.

Comment

well its going to be a good series against the braves. oliver perez has to step up tonight. i think he is going to have a good year this year, hopefully over .500. unlike his 3-13 season last year. thats what happens when your on the pirates for most of the season. i m jk.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                            Mets were off tonight, but our Minor Leaguers were working.

GREAT start for 18 year-old Deolis Guerra tonight:

5 inn, 2 hits, 0 er, 0 bb, 5 Ks.

Phillip Humber:

5 inn, 1 hit, 1 r, 3 bbs, 4 Ks.

The New Orleans game was on SNY, Humber's curve looked NASTY.

I also saw Carlos Gomez for the first time. He really is FASTER then Reyes. Gomez turned a single into an easy double with his wheels.

Overall a very good day for the organization.
                            thats nice to hear, but then again in the major leagues, theres better defense so its harder. i bet if jose reyes was playing the minor leagues he probably could of gotten a triple off of a hit tat looks like a single.

Comment

Originally posted by jets future View Post
                              thats nice to hear, but then again in the major leagues, theres better defense so its harder. i bet if jose reyes was playing the minor leagues he probably could of gotten a triple off of a hit tat looks like a single.
                              LOL, dude, just because these guys don't play in the Major Leagues, doesn't mean they throw like 5-year-old girls.

Some of the players in the minors have more physical tools then the guys in the Majors, they just don't know how to translate them into production.

Comment

When I saw Guerra's box score last night I got pretty excited. He is going to jump on prospect lists this year if he can continue doing it. I hope the reports of him hitting 96 are true.

Humber's CB is very nasty. It's going to be hard for him to consistenly locate it where he wants. If he can get that hammer going watch out. As for Gomez that was my first thought as well. I think Reyes would have stretched that into a 2B also bu Gomez's longer legs helps him out.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information