New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I'd be fine with that but I think we might be able to get a good deal somewhere. The bullpen worries me a little.
    If Omar can get a good deal then I'm all for it, unfortunately this seems like seller's market.

Meaning that it'll be high price for average players.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      If Omar can get a good deal then I'm all for it, unfortunately this seems like seller's market.

Meaning that it'll be high price for average players.
      Hopefully Omar has something up his sleeve. Maybe someone else can get in a taxi accident and we can steal someone again.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I'm not against making a trade if an upgrade is available, I just don't want to get into those dreaded top prospect for 1-year rental deals.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against making a trade if an upgrade is available, I just don't want to get into those dreaded top prospect for 1-year rental deals.
          Agreed, but on the other hand i think there is just too many holes on this team right now to be a world series team, and whats the deal with beltran? An abdominal tear can be kinda serious, and he could miss some significant time which we dont need right now. Any updates?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• According to numerous reports, Mets are close to aquiring Luis Castillo. Several rumors suggest that Mulvey will be one of prospects involved.

I'm not crazy about this one, mainly because I like Gotay.

Comment

According to numerous reports, Mets are close to aquiring Luis Castillo. Several rumors suggest that Mulvey will be one of prospects involved.

I'm not crazy about this one, mainly because I like Gotay.
              I wouldn't be too crazy about that deal either even though the IF defense would be pretty great. It seems like Mulvey is a little too much to give up unless Omar has soured on him. I also like Gotay but for whatever reason they are not comfortable with him at 2B.
              Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 07-30-2007, 03:47 PM.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• More news coming out that the two prospects might be Drew Butera and Dustin Martin. If that's the case I like the deal a lot better than when Mulvey was involved. Martin has been hitting well but I'm not sure how much upside there is with him.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  More news coming out that the two prospects might be Drew Butera and Dustin Martin. If that's the case I like the deal a lot better than when Mulvey was involved. Martin has been hitting well but I'm not sure how much upside there is with him.
                  Oh, I hope that's true.

Both of those guys are no better then C-level prospect.

Mulvey is a B-level.

Comment

• Is there an official word on this deal?

I can't find any link so far.

Comment

• I like Luis alot. If it where 2000. Seriously though, I do like Castillo, but I like Gotay more.

Comment

• http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7074758

it says here the deal is done

Comment

• Well, like I've said before we gave up almost nothing for him, and I'd rather have Castillo then Newhan, but he'll likely take playing time away from Gotay.

Comment

• I'll just paste my post from the MLB Discussion Thread

I didn't like the Castillo deal for the Mets at first, because I want Gotay to play. Then I read we are giving up 2 C-level prospects for Castillo, who if we let him go at the end of the year, fetches us a 1st round compansation pick. Sweet.

Comment

• please sweep the Brewers.. I will be ever so grateful

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                                I'll just paste my post from the MLB Discussion Thread

I didn't like the Castillo deal for the Mets at first, because I want Gotay to play. Then I read we are giving up 2 C-level prospects for Castillo, who if we let him go at the end of the year, fetches us a 1st round compansation pick. Sweet.
                                Well I'd LOVE that. But in order to get that compensation, we would need to offer him qualifying contract offer.

We'll see.

I do like the fact that he hits VERY well with RISP and 2 outs. Something we haven't done well this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information