New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I'd actually rather have Alou bat ahead of Delgado. I think he's a much better #5 hitter than Delgado at this point.
    Yeah, me too, but I don't think Willie will do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      Yeah, me too, but I don't think Willie will do that.
      I agree, there is too much ego at stake. I'd be interested to see who ends up getting the 4th spot, because it can be argued for both beltran and wright.

sig by bosanac01

Comment

• Alright, done deal!! Welcome to NY Johan

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well even though the Giants are in the Super Bowl this move certainly got me very excited for baseball to roll around again.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• A couple of more days to go!!
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I thought I would bring these up from other fans, particularly in the NL East about the Santana signing. I saw this on a Mets forum and here are some good ones.

Give me a freakickin break!! All this worry over a guy who was a game over .500?? Yes,he is a GOOD pitcher--but he is a power guy and if his fastball drops just a little his change is not as devastating!! He may be an all star for 2 more years MAX!! Have fun eating 25 mil a year for a GOOD pitcher mut fans!!
              http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...ves&tid=106632

nice pickup my the mutts, but one pitcher doesn't change the fact that their lineup is old, full of egos and Billy Wagner is closing games This is a shame because I wanted to root for Santana, because when he is on, he is like a butcher going through a carcass. But oh well, it will be better when we rough him up.
              http://www.philliesphans.com/viewtop...&sd=a&start=20

Okay, how many times have the Twins gone to the post season with Santana. To the best of my knowledge, none.
              MikeAdams wrote: That's all the Mets have to give up to get Santana?

That package is about half of what the Braves gave up to get Tex. What a bunch of happy horse****. This sucks, Braves fans. Suck suck suck suck sucks.
              No kidding. Unbelievable.
              My favorite....

they always have to out-do us, don't they? Couldn't we bask in the Pedro Feliz signing for one more day?

Comment

• I'm very excited for the season. I have Feb. 29th marked down, because that is the first game on TV.

Comment

• Is anyone else at least a tad nervous with all the hype the Mets are getting? I used to love being considered the underdog...because we'd never disappoint, we'd always perform above our expectations and be praised for that because year after year, despite having the best team on paper, we were still not the favorites. I have the utmost confidence that this team can win the next 5 world series with ease :) but now that many are considering us the favorites, I'm just a little nervous is all.
                  Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• This team suppose to have high expectations, with all the talent we have.

There is nothing wrong with having high expectations.

Comment

• I'm not. Frankly I'm tired of all this talk of how close the Phillies and Braves are. It took a historic collapse for us to finish 1 game behind the Phils, and we get Pedro for a longer period, and add the best pitcher in baseball.

Comment

• I agree with you guys 100% that we've got a tremendously talented team, perhaps the most talented team on paper in all of baseball, I just get a little nervous because of how the media contorts things etc. I have the utmost confidence in our squad though.
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• There have been several reports of Duaner Sanchez impressing during the camp.

I hope he can have a good season for us. Our bullpen could certainly use his presence.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                            There have been several reports of Duaner Sanchez impressing during the camp.

I hope he can have a good season for us. Our bullpen could certainly use his presence.
                            He is one of the most important players on the Mets this year. He could take our BP from a weakness to a strength singlehandedly.

Comment

• Yes, Duaner is very important player for us and we certainly missed him big-time last season.

Also, Delgado has vowed to have a good bounce-back season in '08. I hope that's true.

Comment

• He said the problem was all mechanics. Do you buy that? Am I being to harsh to think a problem like that could have been fixed through the regular season?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information