New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, yes it was mechanics.

He ALWAYS had a hole in his swing. He always had that big loop in his swing. Throughout his career he was vulnerable on the inside pitch.

The difference is that earlier in his career he had great bat speed and could make contact with the inside pitch.

Last year he was swinging through pitches he would CRASH in his early years.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      There have been several reports of Duaner Sanchez impressing during the camp.

I hope he can have a good season for us. Our bullpen could certainly use his presence.
      Great News! we are going to need all we can of him this year. He's going to be one of the keys for us to be one of the elite teams this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
        He said the problem was all mechanics. Do you buy that? Am I being to harsh to think a problem like that could have been fixed through the regular season?
        I think he's pretty much done as a middle of the lineup hitter. I say slide him into the 6 spot and let him do his thing there. He'll have his ups but as Max said his bat speed doesn't allow to make contact like he used too.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Delgado killed A LOT of potential big innings with Ks or DPs last season.

Comment

• Well, all the local reports (mainly on WFAN) sound pretty positive about the Mets. Delgado seems pretty upbeat, Pedro supposedly looks great and healthy, and I fully expect us to have a sick rotation this season.

Though there are a lot of question marks coming to this season, I'm not too worried about it.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              Well, all the local reports (mainly on WFAN) sound pretty positive about the Mets. Delgado seems pretty upbeat, Pedro supposedly looks great and healthy, and I fully expect us to have a sick rotation this season.

Though there are a lot of question marks coming to this season, I'm not too worried about it.
              I don't think there are that many question marks. Some in the bullpen and the health of a few guys and that's it. We just need to stay healthy which is going to be difficult with some of our guys but besides that not too many holes.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well I know it's super super early but Pelfrey did pretty well yesterday against the toughest lineup in baseball. It seems as if he realizes he needs to be more agressive and just go after hitters with that heavy fastball of his. I know a lot of people have given up on him for whatever reason but I'm confident he'll at least be a good middle of the rotation guy. It looks like he might start out in the #5 spot since El Duque doesn't look anywhere near ready to actually pitch.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm pumped to watch Johan later even if it is only for 2 innings in Spring Training.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I only saw the highlights on Sports Center.....

Comment

• For the minor league likers we get to see Jon Niese and Bobby Parnell go to day. Interested to see how they look.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Niese and Parnell both looked pretty good in the outing today. I was very impressed with Niese who looked like he really had his stuff going for him today. His curveball has much more break on it than I realized and he works well off his fastball. His change-up was also used and he struck out Andruw Jones out on it. Parnell fastball definitely has some giddy up and he got 2 guys to K on it. He didn't throw his slider in his one inning that I noticed. If the Niese I just saw pitches like that all year watch out. His stuff is a lot better than some give him credit for.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• After the Santana trade we don't have much in the upper levels, but Niese and Parnell offer some promise.

Comment

After the Santana trade we don't have much in the upper levels, but Niese and Parnell offer some promise.
                            Did you get to watch them today? Where have you been I feel like I'm talking to myself here?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I guess I'm still pissed off at the Mets after last season.

I'm cautiously excited about this upcoming season.

I didn't get a chance to see the Mets game today, but as you know I've always been high on both Niese and Parnell, along with Nick Evans.

Comment

I guess I'm still pissed off at the Mets after last season.

I'm cautiously excited about this upcoming season.

I didn't get a chance to see the Mets game today, but as you know I've always been high on both Niese and Parnell, along with Nick Evans.
                                Well it's a new year so there is nothing to be pissed about haha. Last year might have been the best thing that could have happened to us. They are going to have plenty of motivation this year to make sure it doesn't happen again.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information