New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Well it's a new year so there is nothing to be pissed about haha. Last year might have been the best thing that could have happened to us. They are going to have plenty of motivation this year to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    I hope so.

On paper, this team should be awesome, but there is nothing for sure in baseball.

As far as prospects go, there are several that I'm keeping an eye on for next season.

Our system is a bit dry on upper levels, but the lower levels are LOADED with great talent. And there is certainly a possibility that our system will be considered MUCH deeper by the end of next season.

BTW, my new favorite is Brant Rustich. I'm very happy that the Mets decided to give him a shot at as a starter. He has GREAT stuff. And he has the repetoire of a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      I hope so.

On paper, this team should be awesome, but there is nothing for sure in baseball.

As far as prospects go, there are several that I'm keeping an eye on for next season.

Our system is a bit dry on upper levels, but the lower levels are LOADED with great talent. And there is certainly a possibility that our system will be considered MUCH deeper by the end of next season.

BTW, my new favorite is Brant Rustich. I'm very happy that the Mets decided to give him a shot at as a starter. He has GREAT stuff. And he has the repetoire of a starter.
      Yeah Rustich def. has the stuff to make it far. As you said we are loaded at the lower levels and by this time next year I truly feel we'll be right back in the top 15 especially with our 2 1st rounders this year. I have a feeling Minaya will pay over slot unlike the last 2 years also.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Do any of you guys have season tickets or go to any of the games often? I usually go a ton during the summer when I am back in NY.

Comment

• Pagan is doing everything he needs to do to make the team. I'm still hoping Gotay can edge him out though, because he has impressed too.

Comment

• How much longer do we have Gotay for?

Comment

• I think Gotay is out of options.

He doesn't make the team, he's a FA.

Comment

• Max is right. He either makes the team, we trade him, or he's a FA.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I kinda liked Gotay last year, he showed some nice potential, a solid all-around player who gives us much needed depth.

I agree with MaxV I believe it was who said it...I think he definitely said it best: I'm cautiously excited about this year..

I do think we've got a few question marks though, I'm thinking we might get bit by the injury bug again this year, but hopefully not. It's hard not to though, with the likes of Delgado and Alou starting...I think a positive is we've at least got good depth and I'd be comfortable with any of our bench players starting..I think we would have been fine last year even with the injuries, but our pitching in general just didn't hold up, I think we'll find that to be a different story this year. Hopefully.
                  Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• We already have a ton of minor injuries so hopefully we're getting them out of the way early.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Pelfrey pitched very well again today in 3 innings. He was pitching aggresively with his fastball and generated a ton of groundballs. He also broke 2 or 3 bats which is good to see. His velocity is at around 94-95 already and I still he's going to be a very good major league pitcher.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Ruben Tejada with the game winning hit in the bottom of the 10th today!!! He's a prospect that's going to jump up in the rankings as the year goes on. Also, Fernando Martinez was killing the ball today but Thorman made 2 very nice plays on him on what would have been hits down the line. Martinez also made a diving catch in the 9th I think.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Ruben Tejada had a very good day again this afternoon. It's going to be interesting to see if they start him of in Savannah if he continues to do so well.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Looks like Alou will be out for most of April....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=3278800

Also it looks like Sanchez will start the season on the DL
                            Last edited by AlexDown; 03-05-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Damn, the season hasn't even started and we already getting hit hard by the injury bug.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                                Damn, the season hasn't even started and we already getting hit hard by the injury bug.
                                Yeah no big suprise I guess. We'll be fine.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information