New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice win today.

Mike Pelfrey will start tommorow. I can't wait. I hope he throws strikes. If he does that, he should be effective.

EDIT: Nats just beat the Braves....barely. Cordero loaded the bases, but K'd Thorman to end it on a full count.
    Last edited by MaxV; 04-12-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to todays game. I saw him pitch in person against the Astros during the summer last year. As you said before, if he keeps the ball in the strike zone I think we should have this game.

Comment

Pelfrey's sinker looked very impressive during Spring Training. He was getting like 4 out of every 5 outs on ground balls or something crazy like that. If he can just pound the strike zone low we'll be fine. I actually think Pelfrey is going to have a very good shot to win the NL ROY this year.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Pelfrey looked wild. Command is still an issue with him. Hopefully he continues to improve in that department.

Comment

Yanks and Mets are going to have very similar years.
            Electric offense
            Strong bullpens with mixes of experience and young flamethrowers
            Jekyl and Hyde starting pitchers

Comment

2day was depressing

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                Yanks and Mets are going to have very similar years.
                Electric offense
                Strong bullpens with mixes of experience and young flamethrowers
                Jekyl and Hyde starting pitchers
                i agree, as long as the yankees flamethrowers' in farnsworth and procter get their arm strength back up to where they were last year
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Ugly game today. The things just didn't go the Mets' way.

Comment

Game postponed today we start a series in philly on monday

Comment

• Guerra had a decent start yesterday. His E.R.A. is 3.07 on the year but he has a great gb:fb ratio. Carlos Gomez continued his hitting streak as well and is now at 13 games.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Maine was absolutely brilliant tonight.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                        Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

• Maine was excellent. That rising fastball is fooling a lot more hitters than I thought it would.

Gomez continued his hitting streak to 14 games today. Milledge was flat awesome with a 3-3 day and a homerun. Niese also had a good start for St Lucie lowering his e.r.a. to a bit under 2.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Maine's FB is a VERY good pitch. It registers at only about 91-94 mph range on the radar gun, but he gets A LOT of swings-and-misses on it.

Little known fact about Maine:

Last season only Roger Clemens had a lower BAA on fastballs only then John Maine.

I think the biggest factor is that hitters pick it up pretty late out of his hand, making it seem MUCH faster then the acctual velocity.

BTW, it now appears that we have 2 pretty good pitching prospects in AAA, as both Phillip Humber and Jason Vargas are pitching very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                              Maine's FB is a VERY good pitch. It registers at only about 91-94 mph range on the radar gun, but he gets A LOT of swings-and-misses on it.

Little known fact about Maine:

Last season only Roger Clemens had a lower BAA on fastballs only then John Maine.

I think the biggest factor is that hitters pick it up pretty late out of his hand, making it seem MUCH faster then the acctual velocity.

BTW, it now appears that we have 2 pretty good pitching prospects in AAA, as both Phillip Humber and Jason Vargas are pitching very well.

I think Vargas might be more trade bait considering he is behind a lot of other guys on the depth chart.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• You might be right about him being trade bait but don't be surprised if he gets a start with the Mets at some point.

It good to know we have depth of starters in AAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information