No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillip Humber might be the pitcher your thinking of. He's in AAA but he should be ready my midseason. Deolis Guera as Jughead said is another guy but he is a way off. He just turned 18 this week even though he is already in HIgh A ball which is unheard of pretty much.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The one thing in the past is the Mets were too reluctant to part with prospects. They overvalued them. Finally it payed off with Reyes and Wright but for a long time it didn't. Only value the truly special ones. When baseball america and other services make these probable 2010 lineups I laugh. Cause there is no way all the guys either A) become good major league players or B) don't get traded away. You didn't overvalue Petit or Jacobs and that worked out well so far. As a Yankee fan right now I don't count on any player being on this team in the future but Hughes and Tabata. Everyone else could go in a deal. I just see it very unlikely that one day the Mets will have an outfield of Milledge, Gomez, and Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Phillip Humber might be the pitcher your thinking of. He's in AAA but he should be ready my midseason. Deolis Guera as Jughead said is another guy but he is a way off. He just turned 18 this week even though he is already in HIgh A ball which is unheard of pretty much.
        The only reason I didn't say Humber is because he said fireballer I think. Which really doesn't describe Humber exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          The only reason I didn't say Humber is because he said fireballer I think. Which really doesn't describe Humber exactly.
          Maybe he was thinking of Pelfrey, who throws in mid-to-late-90s.

You might be right that all 3 of Milledge, Martinez and Gomez may never play in the same OF together in the majors, but it's clear that Omar is in no rush to deal either one of them right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            Maybe he was thinking of Pelfrey, who throws in mid-to-late-90s.

You might be right that all 3 of Milledge, Martinez and Gomez may never play in the same OF together in the majors, but it's clear that Omar is in no rush to deal either one of them right now.
            I agree not in a rush to deal them. It just more a comment when BA gives its probable or projected 2010 lineups. They are ridiculous.

Comment

• I like the Yankees projected 2010 lineup, it was an article by some guy who does every year for like the next 10 years.

We had Johan, Wang, Hughes, Chamberlain, Clippard as our starting 5, Sanchez as the closer with Francour, Melky, Tabata in the OF, cano at 3rd with alberto gonzalez at 2nd, Texeria at first, posada DHing and some catcher I had never heard of (which is weird)

Might have been 2011, completely false but fun to read

Comment

• Was the catcher francisco cirvelli?

But even that guys lineup is ridiculous. I doubt we will ever head into a season with Hughes, Clippard, and Chamberlain all in our projected starting lineup at the same time.

Although I could really see Texeira at first. Mattingly is his hero and his if from Baltimore. I think he gets out of Texas and if he doesn't go to B-More I wouldn't be suprised if he was a Yank.

Also where is A-Rod and Jeter?
                Last edited by Jughead10; 04-20-2007, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• A-Rod opted out, Jeter is still the SS. I think he moves to DH the next year

I'll see if I can find it

Comment

• Good win today. GREAT to see Ollie throwing strikes and having confidence in himself.

Also, Joe Smith is looking VERY good. I hope he keeps it going.

Comment

• I thought Smith would do well but he's been excellent so far. Since he is a quirky pitcher we will really get a good grasp on him once he goes around the league a couple times and the scouting reports start to build on him. I don't think it will matter that much though because he has such great movement on his slider.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        I thought Smith would do well but he's been excellent so far. Since he is a quirky pitcher we will really get a good grasp on him once he goes around the league a couple times and the scouting reports start to build on him. I don't think it will matter that much though because he has such great movement on his slider.
                        I wouldn't be surprised if he were to work his way to our setup spot.

BTW, how about one of my favorite prospects Bobby Parnell? He kicked ass.

Comment

• I liked Parnell when we was on Brooklyn 2 years and then as you know he dipped last year. I like hime also and think he has some potential still.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Damn You Scott Schoeneweis!!!

Comment

• I can't watch Schoenwies pitch. The guy has good stuff, but doesn't throw strikes.

Comment

• Another great start for Maine yesterday. I hope he keeps this up.

Deolis Guerra also had a gem in the Minors:

6inn, 2hits, 0er, 0bbs, 4Ks

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information