If I was the GM..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I was the GM..

If I was the GM (THESE ARE NOT MOCK DRAFTS)

Disclaimer - Totally unrealistic and does not reflect what Jerry Reese will, or should do in the draft and off season. But this is what I would do if I had absolute power, like in Madden. Insert Evil Laugh here.

Cut announcements –
    Sam Madison
    RW McQuarters
    William Joseph
    That will be all... for now.

Trades –
    - 20th overall pick for Tampa Bay’s 35th, 64th and 142nd picks overall.
    - Trade Osi Umenyiora to Lions for 34th and 66th picks. (Oh no he didn’t. Yes I did.)

Draft
    34 – Dwayne Bowe - WR - Big WR that can make the lack of Toomer's pressence almost unkown. Gives Eli a nice big, tough target to throw to down the middle of the field. Great compliment to Burress and Moss.

35 – Michael Griffin - FS - Griffin - 6' 205 pounds. Although Demps is servicable, I like young athletic guys. Griffin had a nice career at Texas and had spectacular workouts. I'd like to see him line up opposite of Wilson and make some plays.

51 – Antonio Pittman - RB - Great career at Ohio State and put up great workout numbers. Has good speed and we would have one of the best split backfields in the league if we got this guy. He has the perfect combo of size and speed. Reminds me of Thomas Jones of the NYJ.

64 – Josh Wilson - CB - His size and speed might make him look like a finesse corner, but he is very tough and solid vs. the run. Needs to develop and polish his coverage skills some more, but would be a solid addition to a 3-4 defense which stresses solid tackling skills.

66 – Ikaika Alama-Francis - DE - Very athletic player that has been on the rise. He has great athleticism for a guy his size and if he adds 10 pounds he can be effective vs. the run and pass as a 3-4 DE.

82 – Zack DeOssie - OLB - 6'5" 250 pound LB who has great athleticism and would fit perfectly in a 3-4 scheme at OLB. Ran a 4.58 forty and put up 26 reps at the combine. Also ran a below 7 second 60 yard shuttle, which is rare for big guys. Also has some good pedigree.

117 - Laron Harris - NT - 6'3" 345 pound sleeper. Was a big recruit but got a bit lazy at Tenn. Transfered to a small school, picked up his work ethic and is a player who is on the rise. Did a backflip at his workout, which means strong legs, which means he can anchor a defense. Also did 33 reps.

154 – Kevin Boss - TE - Small school TE who has great size, good hands and good blocking ability.

6th – Craig Dahl - S - Great athlete, may develop as a solid backup, but can be a star special teamer right away

7th – Corey Hilliard – OT/OG - We need depth on the line, Hilliard covers both OT and OG.

7th – Mike Mason – KR - Speedy small school WR who can add a dimension to our return game hopefully.

Our brand new 3-4 defense
    LE – Ikaika Alama-Francis
    RE – Barry Cofield
    NT – Laron Harris
    ROLB – Mathias Kiwanuka
    LOLB – Zack DeOssie
    MLB – Antonio Pierce, Gerris Wilkinson
    LCB – Corey Webster
    RCB – Josh Wilson
    FS – Michael Griffin
    SS – Gibril Wilson

Offense
    QB – Eli Manning
    RB (split backfield) – Brandon Jacobs, Antonio Pittman
    TE – Jeremy Shockey
    WR – Plaxico Burress
    WR – Dwayne Bowe
    Slot – Sinorice Moss
    LT – Guy Whimper
    LG – Dave Deihl
    OC - Shaun O’hara
    RG – Chris Snee
    RT – Kareem McKenzie
    Last edited by ricky bobby; 04-03-2007, 06:09 PM. Reason: Explanations for picks

Not even deserving of a response.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Once I read trade Osi, I just skipped over the rest, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Once I read trade Osi, I just skipped over the rest, lol.
        Same exact thing from me.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

thank God you arent the gm
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

and this is why u will have no future in sports management

Comment

Great, positive reviews all around.

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
              and this is why u will have no future in sports management
              Nor do I want one.

Comment

To salvage the thread, Ricky, give us some insight on why you want guys like DeOssie, Harris, Griffin etc. Break it down.

Comment

or why he wants to trade osi, or start DeOssie
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    To salvage the thread, Ricky, give us some insight on why you want guys like DeOssie, Harris, Griffin etc. Break it down.
                    DeOssie - 6'5" 250 pound LB who has great athleticism and would fit perfectly in a 3-4 scheme at OLB. Ran a 4.58 forty and put up 26 reps at the combine. Also ran a below 7 second 60 yard shuttle, which is rare for big guys. Also has some good pedigree.

Harris - 6'3" 345 pound sleeper. Was a big recruit but got a bit lazy at Tenn. Transfered to a small school, picked up his work ethic and is a player who is on the rise. Did a backflip at his workout, which means strong legs, which means he can anchor a defense. Also did 33 reps.

Griffin - 6' 205 pounds. Although Demps is servicable, I like young athletic guys. Griffin had a nice career at Texas and had spectacular workouts. I'd like to see him line up opposite of Wilson and make some plays.

Why I traded Osi. I know the Lions need a DE bad and that kind of value would be great to get. We are stacked at DE and I don't think that Osi would make a great 3-4 OLB, unlike most of you guys. He played one year up around 280, and that is the weight he is most productive at.

Comment

ok, yea i know osi wouldnt make a good 3-4 OLB, but one thing, since when are we moving to a 3-4? and if we trade him and put kiwi and OLB, whos playing DE? strahan and tuck? with awasom behind them? scary thoughts
                      We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                        Not even deserving of a response.
                        Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                          Hahahahaha
                          Kind of like Ginn in the first round.

Comment

no, ginn in the 1st round makes way more sense(then again, almost everything does) and has a MUCH better shot of happening
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              ok, yea i know osi wouldnt make a good 3-4 OLB, but one thing, since when are we moving to a 3-4? and if we trade him and put kiwi and OLB, whos playing DE? strahan and tuck? with awasom behind them? scary thoughts
                              Did you read a single thing I wrote? Read the disclaimer and look at my final starting lineups. That will answer your two questions. This isn't a mock draft. It's what I would do if I was a crazed, insane, power hungry GM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information