Walter Thomas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damix View Post
    But he doesn't run good routes, doesn't display good form. All he is doing is getting by on his measurables, hes a project just like Thomas or Harris, he has the potential to be much better then either and its not even close, but hes raw.
    His route running isn't bad, it just needs work. And that is easily correctable especially considering the explosion and ability to change direction he has.

He does not compare in terms of being a project to either of those DTs.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Yes, we are basing him solely on measureables. But for a 4th, can you blame us? Its not like we're thinking about taking him in the 1st. This is a 4th round draft pick we're talking about. Why not roll the dice and see if you find a gem? At that point in the draft, you look for 3 things.

1. Sleepers
      2. Guys who fell for whatever reason
      3. Project players with potential

You draft guys in rounds 1-3 that can give you immediate return, if you unearth a gem in round 4, thats great. If it doesn't pan out, no big deal, its a 4th rounder we're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Yes, we are basing him solely on measureables. But for a 4th, can you blame us? Its not like we're thinking about taking him in the 1st. This is a 4th round draft pick we're talking about. Why not roll the dice and see if you find a gem? At that point in the draft, you look for 3 things.

1. Sleepers

You draft guys in rounds 1-3 that can give you immediate return, if you unearth a gem in round 4, thats great. If it doesn't pan out, no big deal, its a 4th rounder we're talking about.
        I was just about to post the same idea.

Comment

1. Sleepers

I still value 4th round picks pretty highly, a lot of good players come out of that round every year. If we're talking 5th, I'd consider it. But the first pick of day 2 is still very valuable.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
            I still value 4th round picks pretty highly, a lot of good players come out of that round every year. If we're talking 5th, I'd consider it. But the first pick of day 2 is still very valuable.
            I agree with this. I think you can still find good players that can start for you in the fourth round. This is also a round to make sure you get that needed depth for a posistion. In our case, I think Tackle would be the pick we could really use some depth in this year - so hopefully we can grab Marten around then.

I'd be cool with him in the 5th or 6th round though. You will rarely find rookie starters around that time - with some exceptions with a guy like Gibril for us.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Thats the thing. I can't commit to this guy that early unless I see more of him. But its so hard finding stuff on this guy. I wish his stock didn't rise so much, but who knows what will happen on draft day. We saw Gabe Watson fall to the 4th, maybe this guy falls beyond the 4th.

But he's such an intriguing prospect. I hope the Giants are at least looking into it.

Comment

Thats the thing. I can't commit to this guy that early unless I see more of him. But its so hard finding stuff on this guy. I wish his stock didn't rise so much, but who knows what will happen on draft day. We saw Gabe Watson fall to the 4th, maybe this guy falls beyond the 4th.

But he's such an intriguing prospect. I hope the Giants are at least looking into it.
                Who says his stock rose? Just because a few more guys on this site know who he is now doesn't mean he is going to be picked any earlier than he was a few weeks ago. I don't see him being picked before the 5th round, and I think he'll be picked in the 6th.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Who says his stock rose? Just because a few more guys on this site know who he is now doesn't mean he is going to be picked any earlier than he was a few weeks ago. I don't see him being picked before the 5th round, and I think he'll be picked in the 6th.
                  Some mock drafts (I think McShay) has him going in the 4th. So his stock rising has to have some substance to it.

Id love for him to fall to the 6th. At that point, Id honestly be upset if we didn't take him.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information