Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-18 NFLDC Mock draft update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The worst thing that Reese could do is reach for a CB or LT at 20 just because it is a bigger immediate need.

    I feel like many of you are missing that concept. There are not any CBs that have #1 CB potential in this draft, there are not any LTs that can start from day one other than Brown and Thomas, both of which will be gone. I personally don't see anything in Staley and he is one of the few guys I would be furious with if we picked him at #20. Posluszny will not be a superstar, so what? He will be a good LB for a long time that will bring the kind of intangibles and stability to this team that we sorely need.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
      1- Paul Pozlunsky
      2. Brian Leonard
      3. James Marten



      Oh man, that would be an amazing draft for us
      I'm not sure why you consistently spell his name wrong after people correct you, but that's besides the point. I wouldn't mind Paul if we traded down to get him. Not at #20. Particularly since we're trying to avoid injury prone guys now.

      As for the Brian Leonard pick, your bias is clearly blinding you once more. RD can catch out of the back field and is a whole lot cheaper. If Brandon Jacobs is as good as many of us believe, then at best, Leonard might become our fullback (which would be very dumb), if not he'd be an overpaid guy to spell Jacobs.

      Our best bet would be to go for a scat back like Wolfe in the 5th or 6th if we've adressed all out primary issues.

      That's not even mentioning it's unlikely Brian Leonard gets past Tampa Bay in the second round.

      Marten would be fine in the third, but otherwise Posluszny at #20 and Leonard in the second would literally make me cry.

      I'm a big Paul Posluszny fan also, so I'd love to have him - but I'm going to let my bias of liking him as a player make me think we should reach for him.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
        The worst thing that Reese could do is reach for a CB or LT at 20 just because it is a bigger immediate need.

        I feel like many of you are missing that concept. There are not any CBs that have #1 CB potential in this draft, there are not any LTs that can start from day one other than Brown and Thomas, both of which will be gone. I personally don't see anything in Staley and he is one of the few guys I would be furious with if we picked him at #20. Posluszny will not be a superstar, so what? He will be a good LB for a long time that will bring the kind of intangibles and stability to this team that we sorely need.
        I don't know how anyone can have seen Staley play and not have come away impressed. His lateral movement is off the charts, and he holds up very well at the point for someone his size. Give him a year or two and 10-20 pounds, and there's no doubt in my mind he's an elite tackle. I personally don't want a corner in the first either, not necesarily because I don't think none of them have #1 potential because I certainly think Houston and Revis do, but I just don't value the position very much. I'd be happiest with Nelson, Timmons, Beason, Staley, Brown. Bowe, Meachem, or Merriweather. I'd be fine with Houston or Revis and be quite upset with Poslusny or Hall.


        "A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

        Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
        Donít quit, donít even quit.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by moc182 View Post
          I don't know how anyone can have seen Staley play and not have come away impressed. His lateral movement is off the charts, and he holds up very well at the point for someone his size. Give him a year or two and 10-20 pounds, and there's no doubt in my mind he's an elite tackle. I personally don't want a corner in the first either, not necesarily because I don't think none of them have #1 potential because I certainly think Houston and Revis do, but I just don't value the position very much. I'd be happiest with Nelson, Timmons, Beason, Staley, Brown. Bowe, Meachem, or Merriweather. I'd be fine with Houston or Revis and be quite upset with Poslusny or Hall.
          I like Staley quite a bit myself, and he is quite a freakish athlete at the posistion. If we really wanted him, I wouldn't mind trading into the early second and out of the first to get him if all top three cornerbacks are gone.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Forenci View Post
            I like Staley quite a bit myself, and he is quite a freakish athlete at the posistion. If we really wanted him, I wouldn't mind trading into the early second and out of the first to get him if all top three cornerbacks are gone.
            If anything we'd have to trade up to get Staley.


            "A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

            Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
            Donít quit, donít even quit.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by moc182 View Post
              If anything we'd have to trade up to get Staley.
              I don't think that would be the case. Staley looks to be a good prospect among this weak OT class, but even then, I'd be surprised if anyone took him before us.

              Again, I suppose it's theoretically possible he could go early if some GM fell in love with his athletism or because of the weak OT class.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                I don't think that would be the case. Staley looks to be a good prospect among this weak OT class, but even then, I'd be surprised if anyone took him before us.

                Again, I suppose it's theoretically possible he could go early if some GM fell in love with his athletism or because of the weak OT class.
                There's an infinitely better chance of him going before 20 than lasting past 40.


                "A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

                Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                Donít quit, donít even quit.

                Comment

                Working...
                X

                Debug Information