Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Reese Press Conference Re:Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jerry Reese Press Conference Re:Draft

    Said some interesting things, and is indeed interested in Ted Ginn.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

  • #2
    I LOVE what he said about FA. This guy gets it. I really like this guy. Hopefully he can finish the offseason with a great draft. I like his approach so far.

    What scared me though....is it sounds like he might take a LT in round 1. That could scare me...I don't want Staley, and Im iffy on Brown.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I LOVE what he said about FA. This guy gets it. I really like this guy. Hopefully he can finish the offseason with a great draft. I like his approach so far.

      What scared me though....is it sounds like he might take a LT in round 1. That could scare me...I don't want Staley, and Im iffy on Brown.
      the thing is- if we have a chance to take a franchise LT in brown @ 20, even tho i think its highly doubtful hell b there, we gotta take him. He can start immediately and we need bigger bodies on the oline. Also i think what he said about character would hint that we would not take a guy like eric wright, merriweather, etc which is fine by me.

      sig by jkpigskin

      2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

      2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
        the thing is- if we have a chance to take a franchise LT in brown @ 20, even tho i think its highly doubtful hell b there, we gotta take him. He can start immediately and we need bigger bodies on the oline. Also i think what he said about character would hint that we would not take a guy like eric wright, merriweather, etc which is fine by me.
        Oh, I knew we wouldn't take low character guys before he even got the job. We rarely involve our organization with those kind of guys. I think they had enough of it with LT in the 80s. Since then, we've been pretty good as a franchise in terms of having little to no off field issues.

        Brown is a coin flip to me. He can be Marcus McNeil, or he could be Flozell Adams. I would be a little nervous with him. Im still unsure to this day how I feel about him.

        Comment


        • #5
          I highly, highly, highly doubt Reese takes Staley at 20. He said that there are 15-20 players that he likes and that he feels have equal value, I don't see how Staley could compare to some of the obvious guys.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

          Comment


          • #6
            i'm confident with reese. have a good feeling about him. He knows our D needs help, he got RD to pair with jacobs for a smash mouth O, he'll most likely do the same with D
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

            Comment


            • #7
              I wouldn't mind Brown so much if he was there (which I doubt also) but I have reservations about Staley. I hope Reese beefs up the D though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Spags gave Reese a list of players that he thinks will fit his new defense well, thought that was interesting. And Reese said he takes those things into consideration when making his board.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gotta love it, he said nothing in a lot of words

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Damix View Post
                    Gotta love it, he said nothing in a lot of words
                    Learned well from Tom Coughlin.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      "we will get a good player in the first round"


                      lol. he said nothing at all. I would have like to have heard the reasoning behind cutting Pettigout

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                        Said some interesting things, and is indeed interested in Ted Ginn.

                        http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/
                        Where does it say anything about Ted Ginn. All we know is they are just as interested in him as the 30 others guys they brought in.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This guy is a breath of fresh air compared to that idiout Ernie Accorsi.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            Where does it say anything about Ted Ginn. All we know is they are just as interested in him as the 30 others guys they brought in.
                            Which is what I said....a lot of people here tell me that he would not be interested in Ginn at all.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                              Which is what I said....a lot of people here tell me that he would not be interested in Ginn at all.
                              Who knows. They often bring in guys they don't really want. All smoke screens and not tipping your hand at this point. I think it is more interesting that we didn't bring in Poz than anything else.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information