Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting CB rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interesting CB rankings

    http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/cb

    From Gil Brandt

    1. Darrelle Revis
    2. Leon Hall
    3. Aaron Ross
    4. Eric Wright
    5. Marcus McCauley
    6. Chris Houston

    Very interesting. He has been scouting for years. Maybe he sees something everyone else missed.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
    http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/cb

    From Gil Brandt

    1. Darrelle Revis
    2. Leon Hall
    3. Aaron Ross
    4. Eric Wright
    5. Marcus McCauley
    6. Chris Houston

    Very interesting. He has been scouting for years. Maybe he sees something everyone else missed.
    I've been saying Houston has been overrated for awhile.

    Chris Houston

    I'm surprised to see everyone so high on Houston around the boards. I agree from a upside prospective he might have a notch above the other three. But he really isn't close to the same as the other three in the mental part of the game. When watching Houston play I couldn't help but notice he was constantly locking on to WR's and running with them. This isn't a huge problem...but I would have liked to see him read and react more rather then just use his raw talent to cover. If he is gonna turn and run with WR's in the NFL you are gonna see plenty of illegal contact and pass interference called.

    But this isn't his only knock...he always seemed to shy away from the RB when they swept to his side. He doesn't shed blocks...which isn't a huge knock...but running around them and putting his head down when diving at a backs feet is. When beat he seems to give up...we all know he has the speed to recover...but he just doesn't seem to be consistant in the aspect...I also will knock his backpedal. Houston has great straightline speed. So great that he will use it at every chance he gets. Which means he breaks out of his backpedal to early from time to time to turn and run with the wr...rather then sitting down and his backpedal waiting for a WR to break. Some of this might have to do with his lack of anticipation...its hard to tell. But from a NFL ready standpoint I think his is 2nd tier to the other top 3 guys.

    Comment


    • #3
      Houston is sooooooo overrated imo.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
        Houston is sooooooo overrated imo.
        Way to go out of your way an elaborate.

        Comment


        • #5
          Seeing this thread reminds of how much i hate Pat Kirwan



          Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
            http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/cb

            From Gil Brandt

            1. Darrelle Revis
            2. Leon Hall
            3. Aaron Ross
            4. Eric Wright
            5. Marcus McCauley
            6. Chris Houston

            Very interesting. He has been scouting for years. Maybe he sees something everyone else missed.
            Houston is a wildcard. If he didn't put on a show at the combine, he'd be a probable day one guy. People year after year make the mistake of falling in love with measurables.

            Not saying Houston will be bad, I personally have him at #3, but he is a gamble, a big one too.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
              Houston is a wildcard. If he didn't put on a show at the combine, he'd be a probable day one guy. People year after year make the mistake of falling in love with measurables.

              Not saying Houston will be bad, I personally have him at #3, but he is a gamble, a big one too.
              ya hes my #3 also behind hall and revis. I dont know i think houston will be a good player- he may b a bit overrated and not necessarily worthy of the #20 pick but he has shutdown potential and i believe he will be a very good nfl player personally.

              sig by jkpigskin

              2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

              2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

              Comment


              • #8
                Brandt also has Poz as the #3 OLB and Okoye the 5th best DL, so I guess he sees something everyone else doesn't right?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Damix View Post
                  Brandt also has Poz as the #3 OLB and Okoye the 5th best DL, so I guess he sees something everyone else doesn't right?
                  Apparently. He is a very respected scout and has been around the league for many many years. I guess he doesn't like to just go with the flow and copy Mel Kiper Jr. or Todd McShay. Poz as the 3rd LB isn't outrageous by any means. Timmons and Beason are very good linebackers so it is arguable. I disagree with Okoye as the 5th best D-lineman.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Damix View Post
                    Brandt also has Poz as the #3 OLB and Okoye the 5th best DL, so I guess he sees something everyone else doesn't right?
                    Poz as the #3 OLB isn't that shocking. His upside isn't nearly as high as Timmons or Beason. But he is more of a sure thing.

                    As for Okoye as the 5th DL, thats a bit more shocking. Although I think this talk about him being a top 6 pick is a bit ridiculous. For me I'd value him around 15-20.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm not saying Poz as #3 is shocking, in fact I agree, but a bunch of Giants fans seem to think he is far and away the #1 OLB

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I like Revis and Ross.


                        Wouldn't mind Houston or McCauley, McCauley in the 2nd would be a gamble, but could pay off.

                        Houston....he has the measureables, and he did shut down the top wr talent in this draft...but who knows *shrug*


                        I think CB is one of the few positions in football where measureables aren't overrated.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Damix View Post
                          I'm not saying Poz as #3 is shocking, in fact I agree, but a bunch of Giants fans seem to think he is far and away the #1 OLB
                          He is the most ready to play right away. Between that and the fact that the Giants have been reported to have spoken with him at both the Senior Bowl and combine, I think most Giants fans just want him to be the #1 linebacker. He is certainly the most decorated as far as college career and people in NY/NJ area catch a lot of State games.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You know, I was thinking about this.



                            And is there much of a difference between Poz and Greenway?



                            I hated Greenway last year, but like Poz this year. I dunno, am I being hypocritical in that regards?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              You know, I was thinking about this.



                              And is there much of a difference between Poz and Greenway?



                              I hated Greenway last year, but like Poz this year. I dunno, am I being hypocritical in that regards?
                              Poz is a lot stronger than Greenway. Greenway was just soft all over. Upper and lower body. Poz is bit more compact.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information