No announcement yet.

Dameion Hughes: Is he a steal now at his draft position?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
    Its a damn shame that Tim Lewis has basically ruined Corey Webster's image.
    its also a shame that tim lewis ruined the whole giants D. i mean Strahan in coverage against the colts? now thats a game plan
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

I'll concur with the thought that Hughes is a steal at his current draft position. Being able to watch just about every Cal game this past year, I loved watching him play as well as any corner in college football, pre-draft measurables be damned.

Fellow Golden Bears CB Tim Mixon is also an excellent prospect imo who is going to make some team happy after they select him in Day Two. I don't think the Colts have a chance at Hughes, but I'm hoping they select Mixon.

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      As of right now Webster isn't good in any coverage. He is good at playing the Cover 0. A no coverage scheme.
      Last edited by Geo; 04-24-2007, 02:47 PM.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

I'd take him in the 3rd if we traded down, but mostly likely not so 4th is when we should start looking at him. He's more of a zone corner, it will take time for him to adapt, (Corey Webster did the same) and he might just be used as a nickle or dime back because of the speed issue, but he is a ballhawk, just needs to learn to go for the sure tackle or bat down before allowing a big gain like what happened to him in Tennessee game. Also I completely agree with the webster thing, when rex grossman can pick you apart and throws to your guy or coverage, that must mean you are pretty bad. But he came from a zone coverage and bumping scheme, once you get to the NFL that sort of thing doesn't work very well for a rookie.

Debug Information