Kiwanuka moved to OLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    He wouldn't start since day 1, no, I agree with that.

But I can see him getting involved in some sort of rotation starting the 8th week of the season. Never start during the year, but I can see him come in some packages and be a rotational guy. I think he will have some sort of impact this upcoming year, with potential to have long term impact on our team.

What I like about him is the fact that its almost like we have a Blackburn replacement in the wings. Im pretty sure we're gonna lose Chase this offseason, but we won't miss a beat with DeOssie's versatility.

Im gonna miss Chase. If I were a HC running a 3-4, Id snatch up Chase in this offseason in a heartbeat to play ILB.
    We signed Chase to a 4 year deal....He's here through 2010.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
      Remember, chase blackburn will be backing up pierce most likely. i would not be so sure kawika starts over gerris. if he shows something in preseason and training camp its very possible. also add deossie backing up kiwi
      Yea you got a point, our coaching staff does like Gerris a lot, but DeOssie will probably not be an immediate back-up or starter, give him a few games and preseason and we'll see what Happens, right now I have

SAM-Kiwanuka spell Kawika
      MIKE-Pierce spell Blackburn
      WILL-Gerris spell Kawika

*DeOssie Can play all 3, he was really a ILB at Brown, but his 40 time was good enough to be an OLB. Blackburn is just really a MIKE, and Torbor is a beast on special teams.

Comment

Its almost a shame the staff let this out so soon. Now o/corordinators can start planning around kiwi playing lb. Its almost unfair to expect the backs in our division to pick him up on a blitz, Jones, Portis,Westbrook arent going to match up on him too well, that might solve our problem with T.e.s right there, keeping them in to block kiwi

Comment

we shouldnt give up a return TD at all this year. hopefully TC wont kick 55 yards FG's into the wind against hester, and with torbor, DeOssie, chase and even tyree on special teams, thats a solid group!
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            we shouldnt give up a return TD at all this year. hopefully TC wont kick 55 yards FG's into the wind against hester, and with torbor, DeOssie, chase and even tyree on special teams, thats a solid group!
            I like Craig Dahl the UDFA we just picked up. He's very athletic for a guy his size. 6'2" 216 and he ran the fastest 60 yard shuttle at the combine. I think he can make an impact of specail teams right away. To be honest, if it came down to Craig Dahl or Michael Johnson, I'd go with Craig Dahl.

Comment

this is why i didn't want the Gints to draft a LB.

Comment

giants.com has an interview with spagnuola and it discusses Kiwanuka as well. Check it out.

Seems like he's been preparing for this role ever since last season has ended. He's been studying the mental side of the game all offseason.

Also, like we all predicted, he'll be used as a pass rusher on 3rd down. Basically, he's our Julian Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                  I like Craig Dahl the UDFA we just picked up. He's very athletic for a guy his size. 6'2" 216 and he ran the fastest 60 yard shuttle at the combine. I think he can make an impact of specail teams right away. To be honest, if it came down to Craig Dahl or Michael Johnson, I'd go with Craig Dahl.
                  You ever seen film on Dahl?
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                    You ever seen film on Dahl?
                    Nope. Very hard to find film on a guy from North Dakota State. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      giants.com has an interview with spagnuola and it discusses Kiwanuka as well. Check it out.

Seems like he's been preparing for this role ever since last season has ended. He's been studying the mental side of the game all offseason.

Also, like we all predicted, he'll be used as a pass rusher on 3rd down. Basically, he's our Julian Peterson.
                      i would love him to become a Julian Peterson
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                        Nope. Very hard to find film on a guy from North Dakota State. Have you?
                        One game...and he looked pretty slow on the field against D-I AA players. Not saying he is a bad player, but Johnson is much better right now and he has much better potential.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                          One game...and he looked pretty slow on the field against D-I AA players. Not saying he is a bad player, but Johnson is much better right now and he has much better potential.
                          Yeah, you're right. I withdraw that statement. Johnson was at one point in Kiper's top 25.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information