What do the Geeeeeee-Men need to add?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    What I meant was I think he's going to ask Demps to hold up on the TE's more than Wilson. I think we are going to see Wilson in the Dawkins role either playing that deep zone or coming in to blitz. I think Demps has more of that wide bigger body that would allow him to cover the TE's more than Wilson. I know Demps coverage skills last year were pretty horiffic but I see him improving. Also, I'm not sure why I thought the OLB's would cover the TE as much that was just dumb on my part.
    I don't know...its tough, bc we don't have a true center fielder, something this defensive system needs.

I mean, I don't know who I trust as centerfielder more, Demps or Wilson? Neither will do a great job at it, but I think I trust Demps a little more. He has better recovery speed than Wilson.

We wont see the 46, and we won't see an exact duplicate of what we see in Philly, so who knows.

Maybe Spags will rely on more TE double teams and OLB man coverages than Philly does.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      To be honest, that sounds exactly like an argument a Cowboys fan would make for Roy Williams.

Which is why I constantly compare the 2. Both us with Gibril, and them with Roy have overinflated views of their respective abilities.

Gibril's responsibilities haven't changed much since his rookie year. He's been a Cover 2 SS since the day he got here. But after having a great first 8 games of his career, his production fell off dramatically.

My biggest issue with him is speed. For a guy so small, he's not very fast at all. And in this man coverage scheme, he better have great instincts because he he gets juked, he's in trouble.

Being the best player in our secondary doesn't say much quite frankly. Our secondary was poop. Of course the scheme change will help, and Ross, Madison in man coverage, and Underwood should help things, but its still not a great secondary. Not until they prove it on the field.

I hope he proves me wrong, but Im not banking on it. I think his play will improve with the scheme change, but him being in a contract year makes me question if he's worth resigning. Especially since we already have 2 SS in the depth chart that can replace him.
      BBD, you're exactly right. i defend gibril alot cuz he's one of my favorites but he really needs to show something this year. and calling our secondary poop is a vast understatement. I mean when Freddy Robbins has more INTs than our #1 CB, our FS, our #2 CB. i mean thats just awful. its not like he even had a monsterous 5, he had 2. TWO INTS!!!!!!!!!!! and he was tied for 2nd with ints!!!!!!
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I don't know...its tough, bc we don't have a true center fielder, something this defensive system needs.

I mean, I don't know who I trust as centerfielder more, Demps or Wilson? Neither will do a great job at it, but I think I trust Demps a little more. He has better recovery speed than Wilson.

We wont see the 46, and we won't see an exact duplicate of what we see in Philly, so who knows.

Maybe Spags will rely on more TE double teams and OLB man coverages than Philly does.
        I've always been a big fan of Wilson so I'm going to lean more towards him to get the job done. I think he's been playing almost scared the last couple of years and he needs to let go of that. If he just goes out and makes plays like he did as a rook I think he can play that centerfield spot really well. I'm not sure where I just read it but the DB coach said Wilson was thinking to much out there and he just needed to not think and just play. I think a lot of that had to do with Lewis and I remember similar comments from Pierce and the other Lb's that that were very limited in what they were able to do. I think Spags is going to give them a lot more leeway to get on the field and make plays and not rely so much in being very very disciplined. With some of our players that could turn out to be a porblem but I don't believe so.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          BBD, you're exactly right. i defend gibril alot cuz he's one of my favorites but he really needs to show something this year. and calling our secondary poop is a vast understatement. I mean when Freddy Robbins has more INTs than our #1 CB, our FS, our #2 CB. i mean thats just awful. its not like he even had a monsterous 5, he had 2. TWO INTS!!!!!!!!!!! and he was tied for 2nd with ints!!!!!!
          *cries on your shoulder*

Comment

BBD, i burst out in tears while typing that.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

um hello oline? our oline is not a good/set area right now we def need to add some depth there immediately or before the season starts.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

what we really need is some attitude. some hard hitting, fear imposing attitude, try and revert back to the old days with LT, Banks, Carson, when teams were afraid to play the giants D
                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

I agree with that. As long as our locker room in intact and no starts complaining if we have a little losing streak, we can definetly have a dominant defense. With Tiki gone, I wonder how we will respond to Coughlin next year...

Xbox GT: LiquidSwords55

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information