Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Dare I say his hat is > 86 Giants?

*thinks*
    hopefully his hat wont go flying off like TC's did during the season lol
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I take it this thread includes mini camps?

"WR Willie Idlette (Wake Forest) and WR Tyrone Timmons (Mississippi Valley State) were added to the mini-camp roster on a tryout basis today."

I watched this guy vs. Florida State, man is he fast. He is probably only 150 pounds though.

Comment

If both Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith have a great training camp preseason, what are the chances that Amani Toomer spends his last season on the bench?

Comment

Sounds like the Giants have high hopes for Boss. He really needs to develop his blocking skills in training camp. Even then, he'll have plenty of growing pains during the regular season when the speed of the game takes its toll on his technique.

Im expecting him to come around as a blocker at best by week 8. I think the first 8 weeks will be rough for him. This is the problem with having so much hope invested in rookies. You can't honestly expect to see an immediate impact. Im hoping we can survive the first 8 weeks with a .500 win loss record, then make our move in the 2nd half when all our rookies start realizing their potential.

That would go against the grain though, seeing that we're more of a hot starter cold finisher type of team the past 2 years.

Comment

Thats because we had some type of expectations that we were a Super Bowl team. Since the expectations are lower we're going to start off a little slow and hit our stride midseason. In all seriousness though we're lucky we have Pope as our TE coach because he did an excellent job with Shockey and Shancioe. I thought Shank was really becoming an above average blocking TE last year. Shockey we all know has improved by peaps and bounds as well and that is one of his strengths. We may not see a lot of 2 TE sets the first 3 or 4 games untill Boss gets that part of his game up to par.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He's gonna whiff on alot of blocks during the PS and first couple of games. With blocking, your first step is usually what makes you or breaks you. That takes practice and a trained eye to realize quickly where you have to move with your first step right away. With Jacobs, we need to run alot of 2 TE sets, I don't know if Finn is big enough to be a lead blocker for Jacobs.

In the mean time, I guess we'll see more iform and less 3 WR sets compared to last year. I don't think we'll run so many 3 WR sets with Jacobs back there. If we do, you'll more likely see Droughns in the backfield on those situations.

Comment

Do you think we'll see Droughns lead blocking for Jacobs at all or do we still not believe in 2 RB sets.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Do you think we'll see Droughns lead blocking for Jacobs at all or do we still not believe in 2 RB sets.
                  Doubt it. If we're using a fullback, it will be Finn. Droughns will be a RB for us. I don't expect him to see any looks at FB.

2 RB sets are traditionally used in passing situations, it provides more speed out of the backfield. Its a dying formation because youre better off using a 2 TE package. You get better routes out of the pass game, and its less obvious of a passing play when you do pass out of that situation, plus better run blocking.

Comment

Well last year with Tiki and Jacobs we could have used some of those 2 Rb sets. The defense would not have known what was coming at them. Jacobs and Droughns are more similar so that makes sense to use the 2 TE sets.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

well, our best option at kicker right now is missing mini camp with laparoscopic surgery for his apendicitis. He should be fine by July's camp.
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Thats one thing that worries me. In a division as competitive as ours, we're relying on essentially a rookie kicker to come through in the clutch and make crucial field goals for us. That could bite us in the rear this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Thats one thing that worries me. In a division as competitive as ours, we're relying on essentially a rookie kicker to come through in the clutch and make crucial field goals for us. That could bite us in the rear this season.
                          couldnt agree more. Plus, its not like he was high pick/well known college kicker. Not many people now much about him at all
                          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            couldnt agree more. Plus, its not like he was high pick/well known college kicker. Not many people now much about him at all

He was probably the best kicker coming out that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                              He was probably the best kicker coming out that year.
                              but he was undrafted right? even still, he isnt well known, or a high pick like sebastian or nugent.

I hope he does well, but i honestly can say i've never seen the kid kick in college.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Brandon Myles got waived, I thought he could be good, anyway it will be tough with this new kicker, but I hope he can learn to be dependable unlike feely was, if he can kick one field goal in three times while being pressured by a crowd in overtime, I'll be good (Feely missed 3 times in overtime at seattle)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information