Official Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
    So I guess that Osi and blitzing LBs are having field days with our o-line. I really hope this is not a sign of things to come...
    It's a sign to come to see how improved our defense will be. From that the O-Line will gain numerous hours of playing against a good defense therefore gaining numerous hours of experience. That's how you have too look at it.
    Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 08-03-2007, 01:39 PM.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

FYI...good old Luke P, has already missed 4 days of training camp with the Bucs because of a tweaked back. It is almost just too predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        FYI...good old Luke P, has already missed 4 days of training camp with the Bucs because of a tweaked back. It is almost just too predictable.
        Certainly not a suprise there.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

now Butler has been playing with the 1st team at safety with Gibril while Demps has been with the 2nd team. Now what are the chances Butler starts with Gibril over Demps this year? and if Butler beats him out and Johnson shows alot of promise as our backup, are there any chances we trade Demps(if anyone wants him) for possibly a kicker? I want to have faith in Will and want him to do well, but if Butler plays better, i'd rather see butler on the field...
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

i no the kickers aren't doing that good right now but why would you trade will demps for a kicker that just seems like a waist why wouldn't you try to trade him for a lineman if James butler wins the job?

Comment

LT, because i'm not sure what calibur of OL we could get in return. I dont really want to trade Demps, if he loses the starting job, he'd be a great vet to have around and be insurance in case of injury...
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                LT, because i'm not sure what calibur of OL we could get in return. I dont really want to trade Demps, if he loses the starting job, he'd be a great vet to have around and be insurance in case of injury...
                thats true but i still cant see the point if we were gonna shop demps around for a kicker

Comment

Im in favor of benching Gibril. I don't think he's anything special quite honestly. If he doesn't step it up, I wouldnt mind seeing him on the bench.

Comment

Wilson is lighting it up in camp. Doesn't mean he will during the season but he's been one of the best defensive players on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
                      Wilson is lighting it up in camp. Doesn't mean he will during the season but he's been one of the best defensive players on the field.
                      Well, I don't know. I hope he can make the leap. There should be an open competition for both safety spots in my opinion. Let them battle it out on the field.

Tim Lewis held our secondary back so bad, its like you don't know what you got until this year. Ugh...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Well, I don't know. I hope he can make the leap. There should be an open competition for both safety spots in my opinion. Let them battle it out on the field.

Tim Lewis held our secondary back so bad, its like you don't know what you got until this year. Ugh...
                        Exactly. Which is why I think it's stupid when people pin all the secondary problems on guys like Corey Webster and Demps.

Comment

Our line is struggling to pick up the blitz. Not a good sign so far.

Kiwi is supposedly a madman off the blitz. But I view it as more of an issue with the oline than the defense getting crazy pressure. They HAVE to get it together. Everyone in our division is gonna blitz like hell this year. If they can't pick up the blitz, we're dead in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Our line is struggling to pick up the blitz. Not a good sign so far.

Kiwi is supposedly a madman off the blitz. But I view it as more of an issue with the oline than the defense getting crazy pressure. They HAVE to get it together. Everyone in our division is gonna blitz like hell this year. If they can't pick up the blitz, we're dead in the water.
                            diehl is learning, and plus he's going up against Osi, whos just amazing, but he'll have to face Ware so...

the blitzing part is scaring me, if we cant pick that up, we're in deep trouble.

also, Whimper has be VERY unimpressive...
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              diehl is learning, and plus he's going up against Osi, whos just amazing, but he'll have to face Ware so...

the blitzing part is scaring me, if we cant pick that up, we're in deep trouble.

also, Whimper has be VERY unimpressive...
                              Whimper is a bust. Throw him at RT, or at OG and see if he's salvageable. He will not be a LT in this league.

Comment

i agree, i doubt whimper will ever be able to cut it at OL in the NFL. and BBD, what do you think about our kicking situation?
                                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information