Official Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    i agree, i doubt whimper will ever be able to cut it at OL in the NFL. and BBD, what do you think about our kicking situation?
    worried like hell. it was a mistake not resigning feely.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      worried like hell. it was a mistake not resigning feely.
      kickers dont need to be in great shape, lets give good ol' Brad Daliuso a call!!!
      hell, even just ol' Anderson is looking good right now. if we dont draft Jeremy Ito next year, I'm gonna flip...
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Whimper is a bust. Throw him at RT, or at OG and see if he's salvageable. He will not be a LT in this league.
        4th round pick a bust? Yeah okay....

Anyway...lots of injuries tonight...not good, not good at all...

http://www.ny-footballgiants.com/news/

Comment

love Michael Jennings' car, any1 else agree?

Paul

New York Giants
          New York Yankees
          New York Knicks (unfortunately)
          UConn Basketball
          Virginia Tech Football
          UConn Football

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
            4th round pick a bust? Yeah okay....

Anyway...lots of injuries tonight...not good, not good at all...

http://www.ny-footballgiants.com/news/
            Why not? He was drafted with the intent of being the future LT of our franchise after 2 years of development. So far all indications point to him not being that guy. That qualifies as a bust if it holds true. Just because he was drafted in the 4th doesnt mean anything. He wasn't drafted as a "if he pans out then great" type of deal, there was a fair amount of faith put into him being our future LT. And he has not lived up to those expectations. If you were drafted with the intent of being a starter, and never achieve that goal, you are a bust, regardless of what round you were picked in.

Look at the Ravens. They drafted Gaither with the intentions of him being their future LT. In the 5th round at that. If he doesnt even crack the starting lineup, then he's a bust. Plain and simple.

Comment

Any news on the severity of the Gerris Wilkinson injury? We can't really take a hit in our LB corps considering the lack of depth there.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Any news on the severity of the Gerris Wilkinson injury? We can't really take a hit in our LB corps considering the lack of depth there.
                Don't worry. My boy Chase will hold down the weakside :)

Comment

Don't worry. My boy Chase will hold down the weakside :)
                  I don't mind that at all. I'm pretty sure he just returned to practice also. I just pray this is the year most of our guys stay healthy. In the last 3 years the amount of injuries has been ridiculous.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

On another note Mike and the Mad Dog are at Giants Training Camp and they have a lot of interviews set up. I think Reese is the first and he's coming on soon.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't mind that at all. I'm pretty sure he just returned to practice also. I just pray this is the year most of our guys stay healthy. In the last 3 years the amount of injuries has been ridiculous.
                      Im starting to think that the conditioning of the players has something to do with it.

I think if we get more injuries this year, its time to fire our Strength and Conditioning coach. Because we got rid of all the injury prone guys, theres really nothing else to point the finger to other than the coach, who would be out the door if we have a bad season anyway.

Comment

Im starting to think that the conditioning of the players has something to do with it.

I think if we get more injuries this year, its time to fire our Strength and Conditioning coach. Because we got rid of all the injury prone guys, theres really nothing else to point the finger to other than the coach, who would be out the door if we have a bad season anyway.
                        The funny/sad thing is I remember one of the major points Coughlin said in his first press conference was he would stop all these injuries. He got a new S&C coach, changed the weight room habits, etc. Unfortunately the injury situations has gotten worse under him.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

So far the only significant injury is Wilkinson. Kuehl I guess as well. But that seems to be a freak thing. How the hell does a snapper get hurt anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            So far the only significant injury is Wilkinson. Kuehl I guess as well. But that seems to be a freak thing. How the hell does a snapper get hurt anyway?
                            Maybe we're cursed?

Comment

The funny/sad thing is I remember one of the major points Coughlin said in his first press conference was he would stop all these injuries. He got a new S&C coach, changed the weight room habits, etc. Unfortunately the injury situations has gotten worse under him.
                              Theyre probably too tight. I know Parcells never believed in practicing during Minicamps. He felt the entire offseason should be dedicated to getting your body physically ready, then practicing technique during TC.

Im not sure if Coughlin does that with our guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                I still haven't heard what happened. As for the injuries we haven't even played one game yet so all hold our breath. I was speaking more to the last couple of regular seasons though.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information