No announcement yet.

Official Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are gonna get a long look at both Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith tomorrow. Both Toomer and Plax aren't dressing apparently. Moss and Smith should get some serious time with the first team, which seems to be intact other than the WR position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      We are gonna get a long look at both Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith tomorrow. Both Toomer and Plax aren't dressing apparently. Moss and Smith should get some serious time with the first team, which seems to be intact other than the WR position.
      Good. Im looking forward to it. My main concern is the leftside of that line. Offensively, i think thats our biggest question mark. And of course, Brandon Jacobs.

I guess defensively the 2 guys to keep an eye on are Ross and Kiwi. Im gonna keep an eye on Blackburn and DeOssie as well.

Comment

• I'm very excited to watch Smith, Deossie, and Boss play.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Good. Im looking forward to it. My main concern is the leftside of that line. Offensively, i think thats our biggest question mark. And of course, Brandon Jacobs.

I guess defensively the 2 guys to keep an eye on are Ross and Kiwi. Im gonna keep an eye on Blackburn and DeOssie as well.
          Ross isn't playing.

The following players missed practice yesterday and will not play against Carolina: WR Amani Toomer (knee), WR Plaxico Burress (ankle), DT Fred Robbins (calf), CB Aaron Ross (glute), CB E.J. Underwood (hip), S Michael Stone (hip), LB Gerris Wilkinson (knee), OC Todd Londot (ankle), and LS Ryan Kuehl (calf/Achilles).

Comment

Ross isn't playing.

The following players missed practice yesterday and will not play against Carolina: WR Amani Toomer (knee), WR Plaxico Burress (ankle), DT Fred Robbins (calf), CB Aaron Ross (glute), CB E.J. Underwood (hip), S Michael Stone (hip), LB Gerris Wilkinson (knee), OC Todd Londot (ankle), and LS Ryan Kuehl (calf/Achilles).
            I wanted to see Underwood as well. I've really heard nothing coming out of camp about him.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              I wanted to see Underwood as well. I've really heard nothing coming out of camp about him.
              You really didn't hear all that much about him in camp last year before the games either. And then all of a sudden he was playing well and was the nickel CB with the first team when Madison sat one game.

Comment

You really didn't hear all that much about him in camp last year before the games either. And then all of a sudden he was playing well and was the nickel CB with the first team when Madison sat one game.
                That's true but at the time he was a UDFA and as you said no one really heard about him. This training camp we all know the coaches were high on him and we have heard squat. I even heard Reese praise every CB on the team and he didn't even mention Underwood. It's just weird we haven't heard one little thing on him especially when the secondary is a major focal point for this team.
                Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 08-11-2007, 11:36 AM.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Im stumped about the Underwood mystery myself. Perhaps he had a bad offseason and fell off the map? Maybe he's injured and just never spoken about?

Who knows, we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

• I have a feeling that Jay Alford is gonna surprise alot of us in PS. Just a hunch.

Comment

I have a feeling that Jay Alford is gonna surprise alot of us in PS. Just a hunch.
                      He's got a huge motor, and as a rotational player I think he can excel and really cause some havoc. But as an everday player, I'm not so sure. Think of Trent Cole on the inside. Cole is a force when you limit his snaps, but when he has to play a majority of the time, he dies down.
                      Last edited by Jughead10; 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM.

Comment

He's a got a huge motor, and as a rotational player I think he can excel and really cause some havoc. But as an everday player, I'm not so sure. Think of Trent Cole on the inside. Cole is a force when you limit his snaps, but when he has to play a majority of the time, he dies down.
                        I have no problem with that. We're not asking him to be Tommie Harris, just provide adequate pressure when we sub out Robbins, and in the nickel, provide an additional inside pass rusher. I think he can do that for us this year. I don't know if he'll ever be a fulltime starter though, but even if he provides solid rotation for us this year Ill be happy with him.

Comment

I have no problem with that. We're not asking him to be Tommie Harris, just provide adequate pressure when we sub out Robbins, and in the nickel, provide an additional inside pass rusher. I think he can do that for us this year. I don't know if he'll ever be a fulltime starter though, but even if he provides solid rotation for us this year Ill be happy with him.
                          Agreed. Looking at him he just doesn't look like a DT. He has a very strange body type.

Comment

Agreed. Looking at him he just doesn't look like a DT. He has a very strange body type.
                            He can definately use a couple of pounds if he wants to become a fulltime guy. For now though, I like him as is, it will help him in his situational role better.

Our division has some bulky interior lines, perhaps on passing downs we can neutralize that with some speed. Im still worried about going against those interior lines with no NT though. I hope that doesn't bite us in the butt.

Comment

• What's the deal with Chris Patrick? Anyone heard anything on him?

Comment

What's the deal with Chris Patrick? Anyone heard anything on him?
                                Nevermind. 5 mintues after I posted this, I read he was waived. Thank god we didn't use a supplemental pick on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information