Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darren McFadden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I really hope we don't get Frank Okam, and why would we spend a first rounder on a CB again?
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

    Jets will not take McFadden...

    Comment


    • #17
      after AD fell all the way to 7th last year i dont think teams this year will make the same mistake and i could really see the jets surpassing other more pressing needs to take this BIG playmaker. plus he would come to the media capital of the world..it just seems to fit together so well.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
        I really hope we don't get Frank Okam, and why would we spend a first rounder on a CB again?
        I'm with you on Okam, definitely don't want him. And I guess I could see maybe spending a first rounder on a corner if there's no better front 7 guy on the board and the value for RT isn't that good, but I'd hesitate to at this point. Obviously it's very far from draft day though, so I won't say we won't. It would be nice to have a solid number 2 to pair with Revis, and our corner play has been terrible this year. That said, I think we can find somebody in the second or third round.

        Originally posted by 619 View Post
        after AD fell all the way to 7th last year i dont think teams this year will make the same mistake and i could really see the jets surpassing other more pressing needs to take this BIG playmaker. plus he would come to the media capital of the world..it just seems to fit together so well.
        Maybe, I'm just not positive we will. I think it's more likely that we'll take advantage of other team's desire for him and trade down. The fit just isn't there, and I don't think he's nearly as sure of a thing as Peterson was as a player, though he doesn't have the injury issues. But I think McFadden busting is more likely than I thought Peterson busting was, by a long shot.

        Comment


        • #19
          I've just been watching some film on him lately, and it's made me very much more in favor of getting him. Obviously DL is still a primary need and I think Chris Long is our ideal pick, at the same time, McFadden looks everything like Peterson right now. I mean he runs with extreme power and explosiveness, he's got amongst the best vision I've ever seen out of an RB, he's elusive with good foot work, he's ridiculously fast, he's a multifaceted tool (can be used as a wide out or a QB in a trick play), I mean he's a stud, and I think he'd much better suit our offense than Jones does..
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

          Jets will not take McFadden...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
            I've just been watching some film on him lately, and it's made me very much more in favor of getting him. Obviously DL is still a primary need and I think Chris Long is our ideal pick, at the same time, McFadden looks everything like Peterson right now. I mean he runs with extreme power and explosiveness, he's got amongst the best vision I've ever seen out of an RB, he's elusive with good foot work, he's ridiculously fast, he's a multifaceted tool (can be used as a wide out or a QB in a trick play), I mean he's a stud, and I think he'd much better suit our offense than Jones does..
            The one thing that worries me is that the few clips I've seen of him, I haven't seen him break all that many tackles. It seems like on all of his long runs he pretty much finds a crease and just blows by the defense untouched. But the fact that he's been so successful in the SEC, a conference that's very hard to run in, and with a very poor supporting cats makes me feel a little better.

            And just for the record, I don't see why anyone thinks Chris Long is our ideal pick. He's way too small to play 3-4 end...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              The one thing that worries me is that the few clips I've seen of him, I haven't seen him break all that many tackles. It seems like on all of his long runs he pretty much finds a crease and just blows by the defense untouched. But the fact that he's been so successful in the SEC, a conference that's very hard to run in, and with a very poor supporting cats makes me feel a little better.

              And just for the record, I don't see why anyone thinks Chris Long is our ideal pick. He's way too small to play 3-4 end...
              Yaa i feel ya bro, I dont understand why everyone thinks he is such a great pick. I mean I love the guy, plays with a lot of heart, but he is just flat out too small. I've heard people saying that Shaun Ellis is too small and he is 6'5 285ish. If anything i want a guy in the mold of Tyson Jackson.

              Anywayss, from the games I've seen Dmac breaks plenty of tackles. They prolly just don't show it on the clips because its far more impressive to see the guy hit a hole and just out run everyone. But he can lower his shoulder and bring the hammer, which I love. That is why if we somehow merit 2 1st rounders I really wouldn't be too upset to get him. I mean i know there are plenty other picks we could go for, but I can't say I would be mad if we got the best player in the draft.

              "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                Yaa i feel ya bro, I dont understand why everyone thinks he is such a great pick. I mean I love the guy, plays with a lot of heart, but he is just flat out too small. I've heard people saying that Shaun Ellis is too small and he is 6'5 285ish. If anything i want a guy in the mold of Tyson Jackson.

                Anywayss, from the games I've seen Dmac breaks plenty of tackles. They prolly just don't show it on the clips because its far more impressive to see the guy hit a hole and just out run everyone. But he can lower his shoulder and bring the hammer, which I love. That is why if we somehow merit 2 1st rounders I really wouldn't be too upset to get him. I mean i know there are plenty other picks we could go for, but I can't say I would be mad if we got the best player in the draft.
                Personally, I'd love taking McFadden it if we got a mid-first round pick and took Dre Moore. I think the guy has the potential to be an absolute stud as a 3-4 end. A tiny big shorter than you'd like at 6'4, and it really is a very slight difference from ideal, but he's 311 with great strength and solid athleticism, possessing a solid vertical (he's hit 34 inches, which is ridiculous at that weight) and a rumored 4.8-4.9 second forty, again ridiculous at his size. He's got the speed and athleticism to get after the quarterback a bit with some polishing, and the strength and size to take up blockers and be a good run stuffer, something we NEED desperately. Also potentially could put on some weight and play nose. I love, love Moore and really hope we go after him. He's the defensive lineman I want in the first for us right now.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Here's my feeling on Long. I don't think it's size that qualifies you as a good player...in any position. I think Vilma is maybe TOO small for the 3-4 only because it's by such a large margin, it's not as if Chris Long is a 260 lbs DE, he is and can play at around 280. I think what qualifies you as a good 3-4 DE is if you can be a force against the run and if you can assume multiple blockers, and I think Long can do that...he does that know, he also rushes the QB often, because he's able to not only absorb multiple blockers, but get around them too. I honestly, whole heartedly think that talent is overrated in certain instances. If you have the motor and tenacity that Long does, all you need is the slightest talent (and believe me he's got more than the slightest talent) and you can achieve anything...
                  Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                  Jets will not take McFadden...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                    Here's my feeling on Long. I don't think it's size that qualifies you as a good player...in any position. I think Vilma is maybe TOO small for the 3-4 only because it's by such a large margin, it's not as if Chris Long is a 260 lbs DE, he is and can play at around 280. I think what qualifies you as a good 3-4 DE is if you can be a force against the run and if you can assume multiple blockers, and I think Long can do that...he does that know, he also rushes the QB often, because he's able to not only absorb multiple blockers, but get around them too. I honestly, whole heartedly think that talent is overrated in certain instances. If you have the motor and tenacity that Long does, all you need is the slightest talent (and believe me he's got more than the slightest talent) and you can achieve anything...
                    I think this view is slightly idealistic. It's nice, but fact of the matter is you need to be big to play in a 3-4. The Patriots have one of the best 3-4 defensive fronts (hate to bring them up, but its true) and they have two converted tackles playing end. Long, in reality, is around 265, 270 from what I've heard. You can find people in multiple threads who think so, and it is likely that he's playing at a bit of a lighter weight now. And even if he isn't, if he's at 280 he's better off dropping some weight and running a good 40 time because there's more 4-3 teams in the draft than 3-4 teams. But regardless, though it's true that sometimes guys can overcome their lack of size, at certain times and positions it just doesn't work as well. I happen to think that both defensive and offensive lines are part of those problems. For example, a guy like Vilma can overcome his size when he has a defensive line in front of him to keep offensive linemen off him. I think it is going to be similar. When you tell me you have a quick, 280 lb end that hustles and has fantastic technique, I think he's a great 4-3 end prospect. The fact of the matter is having those huge guys out there is great for taking up blockers in the run game, and while Long does have that ability I don't think he's going to be able to do it every play. Our run defense is terrible, and I just think we need bigger, run stuffing bodies to help that, Long won't do much. Now would he be fantastic on passing downs? Sure. But you don't take a guy with a top 5 pick so you can play him in obvious passing situations. That's just my take. There's only so much in our defense that he can do that we really need with his lack of size, and it's probably in his best interest to get even lighter anyways.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information