Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vilma out for the season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    i'd just like to say that lately i'm beyong annoyed with the Jets and watching every game and what happens has pretty much killed any + emotions i might have had. IMO it all starts and ends with Mangini and his stupidity thus far.


    Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

    Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

    Comment


    • #32
      I dont know why guys still get upset about Mia players going back to Miami to work out, almost all of them do it, and almost all of them come back to their teams in great shape and play well...Its been going on for some time, its not like their taking a fishing trip, or working out in their backyard, if you think about the athletes that came from the U and that all go back to work out, its probably as good of an environment as you can get





      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

      Comment


      • #33
        Watch Harris kick ass this week. Ive been very impressed with him every chance he sees the field, and he's built for this scheme.

        He should be in the starting lineup, I have no idea why he's bench to begin with.
        Last edited by bigbluedefense; 10-26-2007, 08:38 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Watch Woodson kick ass this week. Ive been very impressed with him every chance he sees the field, and he's built for this scheme.

          He should be in the starting lineup, I have no idea why he's bench to begin with.
          Who exactly is Woodson? Do you mean David Harris or...?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by derza222 View Post
            Who exactly is Woodson? Do you mean David Harris or...?
            Whoops, yeah I meant Harris. I always get his name confused with Woodson for some reason. I'll edit that now.

            Comment


            • #36
              Well, it is official.

              But Vilma, in a statement released through the team today, said, "I now look forward to supporting my teammates for the rest of the 2007 season and returning to the field with them in 2008."

              I've read more and more quotes from "friends of vilma" saying he is extremely frustrated with playing in the 3-4. I hate the idea of trading him, i would honestly rather just try him at SS first, but I dont see that flying too well with him. He is only 25 and could be a top 5 mlb in a 4-3, so i dont see why we couldn't get a high first rounder for him, but that is just me being optomistic.

              "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

              Comment


              • #37
                Why not try and trade him straight up, why does it necessarily have to be for a pick? DeAngelo Hall and Chad Johnson are two big name players in a 4-3 reportedly on the block...not big needs, but we could use them. What about even Lance Briggs? I dnno I'm just speculating here though...

                But again, as I said, the Jets got a first round draft pick for a disgruntled, injury prone player who was less talented and less productive than Vilma in John Abraham...I can guarantee we'd get the same kind of value if not better, for Vilma..

                I'm sure the Bengals, Giants, even Broncos would throw a first rounder down for Vilma in a heart beat.


                LAST THING: If we could somehow manage to get Chris Long AND Darren McFadden, from simply a potential perspective and given the way things are going this year, I would possibly take those two over Vilma. Very doubtful, just optimistic.
                Last edited by nvot9; 10-27-2007, 12:34 PM.
                Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                Jets will not take McFadden...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                  Why not try and trade him straight up, why does it necessarily have to be for a pick? DeAngelo Hall and Chad Johnson are two big name players in a 4-3 reportedly on the block...not big needs, but we could use them. What about even Lance Briggs? I dnno I'm just speculating here though...

                  But again, as I said, the Jets got a first round draft pick for a disgruntled, injury prone player who was less talented and less productive than Vilma in John Abraham...I can guarantee we'd get the same kind of value if not better, for Vilma..

                  I'm sure the Bengals, Giants, even Broncos would throw a first rounder down for Vilma in a heart beat.


                  LAST THING: If we could somehow manage to get Chris Long AND Darren McFadden, from simply a potential perspective and given the way things are going this year, I would possibly take those two over Vilma. Very doubtful, just optimistic.

                  Given the reason that Hall and Johnson are supposedly on the trading block (I personally don't think Cincy deals Ocho and gets rid of Marvin at the end of the season, Chad isn't the problem it's injurys and the fact that the team is unbelievably poorly coached) is that they're not team players, and we're trying to get rid of all of our guys that aren't team players this offseason, why would we trade for them? And Briggs is overrated IMO, plus I don't know what kind of fit he is for the scheme.

                  The only problem with trading him this offseason is he's having major knee surgery, and for a guy who's strength is speed and playing sideline to sideline that makes him a major question mark. Abraham was more of a guy who never played through lingering things, his injuries weren't as serious as this one. I think he ends up being devalued a tad because of that. That said I think the Bengals and Giants are definitely possible trade partners, as are Saints and Lions. We'll see what happens, but I definitely think he's gone after this season.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    this whole situation makes me really sad as a Jets fan, because Vilma was really one of every1's favorites and he's gone so downhill since Mangini. Its really sad cuz he's such a good kid and tries so hard, but is just in the wrong system. In this past offseason I was completely against trading him just because of who he is. But now, if we could get something for him and if Harris plays well, im not opposed. And if we did trade him, he would still be my favorite player.


                    ^^Sig From Nvot9
                    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Wow huge loss for a reeling Jets team. Is it officially time to go into tank mode?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        Wow huge loss for a reeling Jets team. Is it officially time to go into tank mode?
                        It doesn't have to be, I think we can play our best and still lose every game...
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                        Jets will not take McFadden...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Just a note. I believe David Harris has 7 total tackles today(4 solo, 3 assisted, I think. Could be 4 total as well) and the Bills are averaging 2.5 YPC on the ground.



                          Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

                          i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                            Just a note. I believe David Harris has 7 total tackles today(4 solo, 3 assisted, I think. Could be 4 total as well) and the Bills are averaging 2.5 YPC on the ground.
                            Though I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that Lynch isn't playing, this is an interesting stat and I'm sure there's a definite relation there. Nice point.

                            Also, he's got 5 solo and 3 assisted at the half.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
                              Wow. Well, we'll see in the coming weeks how well whoever plays ILB in his place does, and we'll see who is right.
                              How do you think Harris has played? Is there a noticeable difference?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                                Though I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that Lynch isn't playing, this is an interesting stat and I'm sure there's a definite relation there. Nice point.

                                Also, he's got 5 solo and 3 assisted at the half.
                                Yea, I saw that. I don't know, Lynch did have 7 carries before he got hurt and was only averaging 3.3 YPC(which is obviously better than 2.5 but still). I'm not saying that Harris is directly responsible for the 2.5 YPC by the way. Just that he's playing pretty well so far with 8 tackles in the first half, and the defense does seem to be playing better against the run at the very least.
                                Last edited by ironman4579; 10-28-2007, 04:28 PM.



                                Originally posted by Jakey
                                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

                                i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information